PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mom! Make him stop! He's using the same play over and over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an idiot. He made the silly semantic jump from:
1) They are running on us and it is working.
2) They don't think our run D is as good as our pass D.
3) Therefore, they don't respect our run D as much as our pass D.

So far, so good. Then, because the word 'respect' is in 3:
4) They don't respect our run D.
5) I am on the run D.
6) They don't respect me.
7) They are disrespecting me.

And for a man of his calibre, that is about the worst thing you can do because it's all about respect.

We are not dealing with a mental giant here. I just hope one of the mediots down there, or one of his teammates or coaches, says something to him.

Idiot.

I thought that was great tactic on the Pats coaching staff on 2 fronts...Parcells used to always say..."keep runnin' the same play at them 'til they stop you" and that's exactly what the Pats did. That in itself made for a very vanilla game plan giving Houston really nothing to look at on film for that particular game...and who says BB's not a genius??!!

He is an idiot. He made the silly semantic jump from:
1) They are running on us and it is working.
2) They don't think our run D is as good as our pass D.
3) Therefore, they don't respect our run D as much as our pass D.

So far, so good. Then, because the word 'respect' is in 3:
4) They don't respect our run D.
5) I am on the run D.
6) They don't respect me.
7) They are disrespecting me.

And for a man of his calibre, that is about the worst thing you can do because it's all about respect.

We are not dealing with a mental giant here. I just hope one of the mediots down there, or one of his teammates or coaches, says something to him.

Idiot.

He is an idiot, plain and simple. I had to read that twice to believe it. :bricks:

I went to the thesaurus to find the words to describe what i thought about what this guy said. I couldn't find the words suitable to describe how dumb, ludicrous, ridiculous assenine his statement was. This loser should have been cut immediately, he has no place in football or any other sport.

Last edited:
Re: Mom! Make him stop! He's using the same play over and over agin!

I'm convinced that other teams and their fans won't be content until we'll building up a multiple touchdown lead, and then just taking a knee three times and punting every drive thereafter.

If we did that, they'd all be crying about how we were 'rubbing it in'...

Let's face it, its damned if we do, damned if we don't, so lets just keep doing it... :D

Re: Dolphins Players Felt 'Disrespected' by the Patriots Running Down Their Throats D

Tom Brady and the offense took over at the Miami 20-yard line and drove 77 yards...
Maybe that's the disrespect part: Tom drove the offense right into their locker room and shat upon it.

In all fairness Denis and Callahate were making the same argument the other day . Belichick knew those plays would work and picked Them even though he had hundreds of others that may have failed. Nothing more disrespectful to an opposing team than trying to win when you are already ahead.

We lost 3 games this season because we didn't have big enough leads....the team needs that killer instinct...running up the score is the losing teams excuse for not playing hard for 60 min and giving up. You don't want the big score on ya...stop them from scoring...

In all fairness Denis and Callahate were making the same argument the other day . Belichick knew those plays would work and picked Them even though he had hundreds of others that may have failed. Nothing more disrespectful to an opposing team than trying to win when you are already ahead.

Denis and Callahate....nice

Re: Dolphins Players Felt 'Disrespected' by the Patriots Running Down Their Throats D

Maybe that's the disrespect part: Tom drove the offense right into their locker room and shat upon it.

When you gotta go you gotta go...

:confused2:

Virtually the entire Athletic World has it 1000% backwards.

1 ~ If I'm coaching or playing for a team that is getting slaughtered, say, 73-0, then I'm apoplectic with Rage...but at the slaughter itself, not the other team.

2 ~ Why in the name of GOD would I be mad at these other guys for showing me and my team the RESPECT...of giving me 60 full minutes??

3 ~ It's when they start running the ball up the middle to burn off the clock ~ when they stop COMPETING...that I get ANGRY.

4 ~ THAT...Ladies & Laddies...is DISRESPECT.

5 ~ THAT...is saying "We pity you."

6 ~ My team and I are giving YOU 60 Minutes, HOWEVER badly we may be executing TODAY.

7 ~ All I ask is that you show us the same Courtesy...The same RESPECT.

3 ~ It's when they start running the ball up the middle to burn off the clock ~ when they stop COMPETING...that I get ANGRY.

Killing the clock has a higher tactical value at that point. To me it's nothing about pity but rather doing what will best help you win.

When the other team knows what's coming and still can't stop it, well that sucks for them, but to have this entitlement attitude that the other team owes it to you to make sure you don't look incompetent, that's disrespecting oneself.

rex-ryan-sanchez.jpg

"Coach, it's really disrespectful of them to keep intercepting my passes again and again."

Re: Mom! Make him stop! He's using the same play over and over agin!

I think I get what he was trying to say, but it was not worded well. I think he was trying to say that they (the Dolphins D) should feel disrespected because a team kept running the ball down their throats with the same play. In other words, they should feel like scrubs for allowing it and don't deserve respect NOT that the Patriots were disrespectful.

Or....I could be swept up in a rare moment of holiday spirit and am being blind to his whiny, pathetic comments.

I think what he meant to say is

"We're the Dolphins - it's unfair to continue to play football against us.

"Not only should the Patriots not run the same play, but it would be more sportsman-like if they switched to baseball or basketball. Then we'd have a fighting chance to win"

It's possible I'm being a bit liberal in my interpretation of what he was saying, but I think that's pretty much the gist.

This is too funny! Everyone in football knows that a team is gong to keep running a play until you stop it! When I coached football, I actually had a hand signal for my QB which meant "run the same play again", I think our record was 8 times in a row. Look offensive football is a simple game, if you have a play that you can make 4 yards on everytime, you would run it everytime and you would never lose! I can see why a d-lineman would be upset at this, because 9 times out of 10, you can run the same play because your lineman "owns" the d-lineman in front of him, which makes the play sucesfull. So all the credit should go to which Pats O-lineman was "owning" this guy....

I used to do the same thing to my buddy when we played Madden. I'd run the same offense and defense every time on him. He complained about it and I said, "Dude, if you know what's coming, call a play to stop it."

Even better... this was Madden 96 and I was the Pats and he was the Cowboys;)

Virtually the entire Athletic World has it 1000% backwards.

1 ~ If I'm coaching or playing for a team that is getting slaughtered, say, 73-0, then I'm apoplectic with Rage...but at the slaughter itself, not the other team.

2 ~ Why in the name of GOD would I be mad at these other guys for showing me and my team the RESPECT...of giving me 60 full minutes??

6 ~ My team and I are giving YOU 60 Minutes, HOWEVER badly we may be executing TODAY.

7 ~ All I ask is that you show us the same Courtesy...The same RESPECT.

Killing the clock has a higher tactical value at that point.

Wrong.

You completely missed the point, though I cannot imagine how.

Your assertion only holds true in one narrow, specific circumtance: when there's less than two minutes left and you have a chance of preventing the team from ever touching the Ball again.

Short of that, going "Conservative" and basically deliberately giving up that whole "scoring points" thing, while giving your Opponent an undeserved shot at the Ball ~ all because of a false, foolish, and utterly backwards notion of "sportsmanshsip" which is in fact the opposite of what it's meant to be ~ is Idiocy...and insulting.

Wrong.

You completely missed the point, though I cannot imagine how.

Your assertion only holds true in one narrow, specific circumtance: when there's less than two minutes left and you have a chance of preventing the team from ever touching the Ball again.

Short of that, going "Conservative" and basically deliberately giving up that whole "scoring points" thing, while giving your Opponent an undeserved shot at the Ball ~ all because of a false, foolish, and utterly backwards notion of "sportsmanshsip" which is in fact the opposite of what it's meant to be ~ is Idiocy...and insulting.

Long drives that kill plenty of time are always useful, when the opposition is under time pressure to score they're more likely to become predictable and just pass. It also means their defense is on the field getting gassed, running is always good if you can do it successfully.

I dont get how running means that one is not trying to score. To me the issue is in trying to run when the other team knows you're going to run, which makes it a lot more likely that you fail, resulting in them getting the ball back. I don't see this done because of some twisted notion of sportsmanship but rather a foolish attempt to 'play it safe', buying into conventional wisdom about football strategy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey