PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mom! Make him stop! He's using the same play over and over again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mom! Make him stop! He's using the same play over and over agin!

I am so glad I grew up before the woosification of sports. I remember my 1st intramural hoops game in HS, losing 82-10. We were the talk of the school. :)
i!m guessing you aren't still in therapy...

Does he think this is a game of Madden? Disrespectful? At least Starks said "it is disrespectful but you've got to stop it." He's half right but McDaniel must have zero competitiveness in him.

What Starks said seems to confirm that McDaniel DID mean what we thought he meant.

How is running to try and run out the clock disrespectful?

Further evidence P Manning is the better QB.

“It really (ticked) me off. It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful,” defensive tackle Tony McDaniel told the Palm Beach Post’s Brian Biggane. “Normally when somebody’s driving down the field you just think, ‘Well, they just had a good run there,’ but you run the same play over and over, as a competitor that (ticks) me off.”

Looks like McDaniel will be the #1 FA target for the Jets.

Last edited:

What Starks said seems to confirm that McDaniel DID mean what we thought he meant.

How is running to try and run out the clock disrespectful?

I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Philbin has a quiet little chat with McDaniel. Philbin is trying to build a culture of winning and accountability in Miami, and whining about the other team actually competing isn't the way to do it. BB would tell his players to shut the ***** up and learn how to stop the other team, and I'm guessing Philbin is cut from the same kind of cloth. He seems like a no nonense kind of guy, and he came from a winning tradition in Green Bay.

“It really (ticked) me off. It was disrespectful to us to run the same play over and over and be successful,” defensive tackle Tony McDaniel told the Palm Beach Post’s Brian Biggane. “Normally when somebody’s driving down the field you just think, ‘Well, they just had a good run there,’ but you run the same play over and over, as a competitor that (ticks) me off.”

Looks like McDaniel will be the #1 FA target for the Jets.

You just beat me to it. . . .

If these comments aren't taken out of context then this is one of the most pathetic things a player has said. It seems like a stretch to me that he might mean "embarrassed" instead of "disrespected".. But maybe he said more and it wasn't quoted?

Naahhh this guy is an embarrassment :D

disrespected???...the word is, when McDaniels was born the doctor felt so disrespected he slapped his mother...with a 2 million $ pain and suffering lawsuit...it's been all downhill since....

maybe he can parlay this into a lucrative board game ...DISRESPECTO!...the game where any moron can make up the rules and WEEEEEE-UN!!!!!!!!

EternalChampion
Moderator-wannabe-in-training-bra
Veteran

Normally I'd think it was just sour grapes, but it was Belichick and McDaniels dialing up those plays and they've made careers out of disrespecting the game of football, so he has a point. They were probably really enjoying patting themselves on the back afterwords.

EternalChampion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
You're right. It would have been more respectable to have tried the "assfumble" play after a successful run.

No, that would have been very disrespectful mocking of the Jets for an unfortunate, broken play.

EternalChampion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
I can't stand a coaching staff that has a killer mentality like a dominant middle linebacker.

Coaching staffs should be professional, pleasant, respectful and joke around a lot.

SAR I

You can beat your opponent without disrespecting the game. Belichick is specifically interested in disrespecting the game.

OK...which one of you clowns is Eternal Champion....c'mon...fess up...

So wait, when Eli kept closing his eyes and chucking the ball downfield in the general direction of a receiver over and over, he was disrespecting us?!

I knew it! :mad:

Last edited:
EternalChampion
Veteran

Normally I'd think it was just sour grapes, but it was Belichick and McDaniels dialing up those plays and they've made careers out of disrespecting the game of football, so he has a point. They were probably really enjoying patting themselves on the back afterwords.

EternalChampion
Veteran

Quote:
You're right. It would have been more respectable to have tried the "assfumble" play after a successful run.

No, that would have been very disrespectful mocking of the Jets for an unfortunate, broken play.

EternalChampion
Veteran

Quote:
I can't stand a coaching staff that has a killer mentality like a dominant middle linebacker.

Coaching staffs should be professional, pleasant, respectful and joke around a lot.

SAR I

You can beat your opponent without disrespecting the game. Belichick is specifically interested in disrespecting the game.

until i got to your question; i thought you were satirizing with made up posts. :D

(edit: good to see their board has the same level of professionalism as their coaching staff.)

Last edited:
EternalChampion
Veteran

EternalChampion
Veteran

Quote:

EternalChampion
Veteran

Quote:

SAR I

It might be worth joining JI just to read my man Eternal Champion's "drive 'em all crazy" posts

Well maybe if if he could stop it.....

It's quite laughable they couldn't when he knew it was coming!

Last edited:

Football is a game for conservatives, not liberals. In other words, no one give a sheeitzky about your feelings. The NFL is about dominance and that's a good thing. If you can dominate your oponent, you go for the throat every single time until the final whistle blows...unlike the idiocy found in "every game ends in a tie" bs found in some town's youth sports. Kids need to learn to lose early and if they cry, oh well.

What people don't realize is teams are SUPPOSED to try to humiliate the other team.

Heck, that even applies in high school football. Kids "feelings" are irrelevant. If your kid's team wins by 50 and the other teams' kids are sad....GOOD!

That's how you learn to put things in perspective and accept defeat. It's only one game....and, it's just a game.

My nephew played for Norton high school's freshman team this year. In the last game, they played Bellingham and won 75-0. Oh well Bellingham, you win some and you lose some.

But to hear an NFL player talk about disrespect is embarassing to say the least. He is definitely a momma's boy.

Last edited:

I'm in the small minority that believes he meant it the other way around, that it was disrespectful for his team not ours. I'm not surprised that he used the wrong words though. We have well-paid announcers who can't speak properly. Why not a player? Let us also not forget that he attended Tennessee.

Football is a game for conservatives, not liberals. In other words, no one give a sheeitzky about your feelings. The NFL is about dominance and that's a good thing. If you can dominate your oponent, you go for the throat every single time until the final whistle blows...unlike the idiocy found in "every game ends in a tie" bs found in some town's youth sports. Kids need to learn to lose early and if they cry, oh well.

What people don't realize is teams are SUPPOSED to try to humiliate the other team.

Heck, that even applies in high school football. Kids "feelings" are irrelevant. If your kid's team wins by 50 and the other teams' kids are sad....GOOD!

That's how you learn to put things in perspective and accept defeat. It's only one game....and, it's just a game.

My nephew played for Norton high school's freshman team this year. In the last game, they played Bellingham and won 75-0. Oh well Bellingham, you win some and you lose some.

But to hear an NFL player talk about disrespect is embarassing to say the least. He is definitely a momma's boy.

Ha ha.........

I heard Brady being interviewed after the Jets game and he was asked if he ever gets to feeling bad for the other team in those situations. He laughed and said "this is a hypothetical right?"

I coached LL baseball for many years, and in one of those years we won a city series rubber game on a triple play in the last inning. We saw our early 8-1 lead gradually dwindle down to 8-5, and when they loaded the bases with nobody out the other team and their fans were flying. My pitcher was asking out and I had to bring a younger kid in to face the next batter. In one pitch the game was over.

Normally, when I would walk through the line shaking hands with an opponent after a tough loss for them, some of the kids would be fighting back a tear or two. Not this time though. These poor kids were crying uncontrollably. One kid was also lying face down on the ground over by his bench crying into the grass and wouldn't get up.

I've never felt so bad for a group of kids as I did that day. It was such a horrible way to lose that I wrote an article in the local paper to try and take the edge off for those kids.

I'm in the small minority that believes he meant it the other way around, that it was disrespectful for his team not ours. I'm not surprised that he used the wrong words though. We have well-paid announcers who can't speak properly. Why not a player? Let us also not forget that he attended Tennessee.

Well, McDaniel isn't a mental giant. Or a particularly high character guy either. He was suspended for a semester from Tennessee in 2005 (and 2 games from the team) for punching another student in the face and breaking his jaw in 4 places during a pickup basketball game. Convicted of aggravated assault. Later sued by the student. Said he wanted to come back to Tennessee to be a "leader", but when faced with a heavy courseload because of the time he missed, he decided to bolt for the 2006 draft.

And now he's crying because the big bad bully Pats are running the ball right at him. Aww, the poor baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes