Welcome to PatsFans.com

Molecular Analysis Confirms Tyranosauras Rex's Evolutionary link to birds

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jack, Apr 25, 2008.

1. jack

jack 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

, patsfan13 and fogbuster:(:(:D santa claus is a figment of imagination:)
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=80953
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080424140418.htm
    Putting more meat on the theory that dinosaurs' closest living relatives are modern-day birds, molecular analysis of a shred of 68-million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex protein -- along with that of 21 modern species -- confirms that dinosaurs share common ancestry with chickens, ostriches, and to a lesser extent, alligators.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    See also:
    Plants & Animals
    Genetics
    Nature
    Birds
    Fossils & Ruins
    Dinosaurs
    Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Fossils
    Reference
    Computational genomics
    Feathered dinosaurs
    Tendon
    Tyrannosaurus
    The work, published in the journal Science, represents the first use of molecular data to place a non-avian dinosaur in a phylogenetic tree that traces the evolution of species. The scientists also report that similar analysis of 160,000- to 600,000-year-old collagen protein sequences derived from mastodon bone establishes a close phylogenetic relationship between that extinct species and modern elephants.

"These results match predictions made from skeletal anatomy, providing the first molecular evidence for the evolutionary relationships of a non-avian dinosaur," says co-author

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

I've known that for years.

:bricks:

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you are trying to say that species of animals and plants adapt and/or branch out into other families, you get no argument from me. For example, originally there were no such things as "white people", commonly called "Caucasian" people. We white folks all are the result of genotypical adaptations that favored by the northern regions of the world where sunlight was weaker on average than regions closer to the equator. So, for a family of animal or plant to show adaptive roots common with other families within the same species is very common. No biggies there. Even a bird and a dinosaur can share common genotypical differentiation... to a point; then they branch apart. No problem.

Where I disagree with those who commonly calls themselves proponents of "evolution theory" is when they claim all of creation started "spontaneously", from a "big bang" of galactical soup mixed with energy, that there is "no" creator behind the existence of the galactical soup and energy out of which all things can trace their origins. Everything that exists has to start somewhere. A painting has to start in the painter's mind; music starts in the musician's mind. The whole of creation started in God's mind, absent the evil part which comes from individual freedom misused.

God laid out the creation, and God gave free will and personal responsibility to the creation. We follow the laws of creation and prosper, or we contradict the laws of creation and suffer. Our choice. We reap what we sow.

//

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh great. I almost forgot that this thread was about T-Rex and birds. I was wondering when it could be dragged into the sludge of God and gay-bashing. Thanks for coming in Buster. You were truly missed .

5. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You can't be serious. Being human is the abuse of freedom? Nice little inherent contradiction you got there.

Prove it. Until you can, statements like this are as meaningful as the words out of the carnival barker's mouth. At what point in your life did you decide that being indoctrinated was a real benefit?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  6. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

So then this guy walks into the room...had no idea what was about to happen, then....WHAMMO!

7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Oh, is this some sort of Pandora's box? History with this particular poster?

8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Who me?
    NAH!

:rolleyes:

9. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I didn't mean you, I meant Fogbuster. And I don't understand the need for roll-eyes.

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Roll eyes means sarcasm.

You asked if I had a history with Foggy. We clash and go at it a lot. It's fun. I'm an athiest Libertarian and he's a Unificationist fascist. They don't mix, but he seems like a nice enough fellow. We get really hot sometimes, though. Most of it is my fault because I tease him a lot on religion and submission to authority knowing full well it drives him nuts. Then he does the same to me. It's fun.

11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I see - I wasn't aware of the history. I understand what roll-eyes mean, but I didn't get it relative to the context. Now I do.

12. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Actually they are linking Tyranosauras to Elephants do you read your own articles when trolling?

13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +251 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

If you see a flock of Trex's coming, take cover!:eek: