PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mods - can we shut down/move all the hate-gate threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
This so called "Biggest Story" is a media fabrication.
Why entertain it any longer on this forum?

I'm with the original poster, all these threads should be moved to a sub forum titled "Senseless Hogwash".

-Jamman
Name a bigger story people are paying attention too. I dare ya.

Consider this post me signing the petition as well.

If anything we can at least merge all these discussions into one thread. It's getting annoying finding all these threads about this theory and that theory and this report and that report. Let's at least merge these all into one thread again if anything.
Can't hide under the covers and make it go away. It's out there.

Ian knows about this so it's his call.
In my opinion it would be like sticking the finger in a dike, once someone see something about the subject a new thread will be started. Then someone else will start a thread if one has been deleted or moved. You can't believe the #'s of mergers and deletes that have been done, and yet they still keep on coming.

I really don't have the time to keep 100% up with it and I think the other moderators are in the same boat.

Last edited:
I was trying to be funny with the last line, OhSerious1.

That said, this sh!t needs to be merged.
I know. I'm just sayin', these guys aren't robots. This IS DEFINATELY going to be one insane week. Let alone the fact we're back in the big one. Wholly craptits Batdude!:D

I'd just like to see Ian cut out the bs headlines in the news corner. Not sure what kind of control he actually has over that though. Also don't care to see the Hernandez court delayed update every other day.

People complaining could create threads. If people find their threads worth posting in at this time, those threads could replace the current threads at the top. Miguel started what seemed like about a hundred threads. You could give those some attention, if you feel incapable of making your own.

I'd just like to see Ian cut out the bs headlines in the news corner. Not sure what kind of control he actually has over that though. Also don't care to see the Hernandez court delayed update every other day.
Who's "Hernandez"? Are we talking about the guy from Seinfeld?:)

Name a bigger story people are paying attention too. I dare ya.

Depends on who you're talking about when you mention "people".
If you're talking about the idiots who have a vested interest in seeing the downfall of the Patriots organization, they're not "people" in the classic sense of the word, but mongrels, feasting on the misery of those who partake in Patriots fandom and have to deal with this crap on a yearly basis.

Now, if we're talking about real "people" who put significance in things that actually matter, namely social, political and economic events both foreign and domestic, I'm sure this latest travesty in media sensationalism is but an afterthought.

If you were to ask me what I'm currently paying heed to, I'm shocked by the world's relative apathy towards the genocide being carried forth by Boko Haram in Nigeria.

-Jamman

@rlcarr what are you disagreeing with me about? That some of the threads cannot be merged? Do we need 3 belichick is awesome threads? 3 threads about the Colts implication? the multiple rogue threads about mediots saying stupid crap?

I mean if you are going to disagree i would like some explanation as to why

Sounds Great! Let's pretend to ignore the biggest story in a country of 320 million people with the biggest sporting event of the year that involves a site devoted to 1 of the 2 teams of said country participating and lets just talk about cupcake frosting coverings and balloon arrangements.

Let me know how that works out for ya. :rolleyes:

Ignoring the bs has made it much more enjoyable for me.

The only thing I missed out on was recognizing exactly who the dipsticks have been and I can catch up on that later.

People complaining could create threads. If people find their threads worth posting in at this time, those threads could replace the current threads at the top. Miguel started what seemed like about a hundred threads. You could give those some attention, if you feel incapable of making your own.

It's so simple a child can do it.

It's kind of humbling to post a thread and get no responses though. I've only made a couple of threads in my 2 years here and one of them was a thread intended for Pats fans to laugh at the latest episode of Hategate. All I got was two quick videos of Joe ****er and John Lennon singing Cry Me a River and then poof, it was gone.

Sounds Great! Let's pretend to ignore the biggest story in a country of 320 million people with the biggest sporting event of the year that involves a site devoted to 1 of the 2 teams of said country participating and lets just talk about cupcake frosting coverings and balloon arrangements.

Let me know how that works out for ya. :rolleyes:

For me, at least, it's about acknowledging that the subject has become like an orange that's been juiced to the rind. I've got deflation fatigue and am in need of a nice big dose of 'fannish' content. Accepting that there's an elephant in the room doesn't mean I'll benefit from staring at it.

I can live with these threads just fine, but sub-forumming seems a reasonable compromise.

Last edited:
It's so simple a child can do it.

It's kind of humbling to post a thread and get no responses though. I've only made a couple of threads in my 2 years here and one of them was a thread intended for Pats fans to laugh at the latest episode of Hategate. All I got was two quick videos of Joe ****er and John Lennon singing Cry Me a River and then poof, it was gone.

I hear you. Posting threads and putting people on ignore are two things I had to 'evolve' into doing on message boards.

If anything we can at least merge all these discussions into one thread. It's getting annoying finding all these threads about this theory and that theory and this report and that report. Let's at least merge these all into one thread again if anything.

Kiddo, you have NO IDEA the number of threads we have merged down to these 20-30.

I haven't gone to sleep before 3am the last 5 days.

....and then when I've merged them, I get stuff in my Inbox.

You don't see a fraction of what goes on.

By the way, notice any opposing teams trolls this week? Do you ACTUALLY think they haven't been trying?

Last edited:
Kiddo, you have NO IDEA the number of threads we have merged down to these 20-30.

I haven't gone to sleep before 3am the last 5 days.

....and then we I've merged them, I get stuff in my Inbox.

You don't see a fraction of what goes on.

By the way, notice any opposing teams trolls this week? Do you think they haven't been trying?
It's not like I'm visiting this forum 24 hours of the day, so it's not as if I see everything that merges/changes at this point it's so hard keeping track, the whole first page of threads has probably been from the last 5-6 hours.

It's not like I'm visiting this forum 24 hours of the day, so it's not as if I see everything that merges/changes at this point it's so hard keeping track, the whole first page of threads has probably been from the last 5-6 hours.

Well now you've been informed.

Your welcome.

This story is fast moving and fascinating to the junkie Pats/NFL fans.

Lots of different layers and story lines.

I appreciate the mods doing their best to allow useful info and circular filing the nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back