PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Modest Favre to get locker in Jets locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
(AP) New York. Ask Brett Favre which teams he'd preferred last week, and you'll get a wry smile. "I'm happy to be here," he says, slinging his metallic green and white helmet over his shoulder.

Now he's getting a Jets locker.

In the most recent display of team unity, Favre has opted to change and prepare for games in the Jets team locker room. "There's an unused maintenance closet down the hall." said an unnamed team source. "We talked to Brett about some of his options. We talked about way to renovate the room by building a smaller, enclosed room for him. But that's just not what Brett's about. He's about the team, and we're glad to have him here. Can you believe this? Brett Favre will be in the Jets locker room... putting on his pads and uniform and helmet, and preparing for the games!"

Favre will forever be remembered as the gunslinging, fun-having, fist-pumping record smasher from Green Bay, a city rich in tradition that boasts of mythical figures such as Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr. But his locker, a gray, numbered enclosure in a mass of many, will forever signify his modesty and leadership as a member of the New York Jets.

"It was incredible," said second-year quarterback Kellen Clemens, who has recently relinquished his starting job. "He came in here today, and Laverneus (Coles) and I were just like 'do you think he's going to have a locker here?' So we just stand there, watching, and what does Brett do? He walks over to that locker right there, and he starts putting his pads in there. It was a real statement."

Although Favre has not yet commented on whether he will fly with the Jets or stay at hotels with the Jets, his locker room presence is a big step in the right direction. Former Bear Thomas Jones called Favre's decision to locker with the team "selfless and inspirational." Asked if Favre has spoken to him yet, Jones quickly defended the new quarterback. "Hey I think he's just been really busy lately, you know? I mean, sometimes I think maybe he just doesn't hear me. Because he's trying to learn the offense, so when I, and when a bunch of the guys have tried to talk to him, he's just been so zoned in on the playbook, or the mental image of the playbook, that he just completely tunes us out."

Even veterans were feeling the Favre vibe. "Yesterday I was in the film room, breaking down defenses, when suddenly Brett came in," gushed new left guard Alan Faneca. "He was in a hurry, I think because he's trying to do so much in so little time. I told him I was glad he is near my locker, and he just kind of gave me this confused little smile and grabbed a bottled water from the machine. It was a trip, man. This guy is going to be special. He's not like they portray him, he's all about the team."

According to various team sources, Favre has not returned to the locker since initially loading it with his gear, but they expect him to be back soon, and believe he'll be very "happy to see us" when he does. Favre could not be reached for comment about his new locker, but his agent, James "Bus" Cook released the following statement via an email:

"Brett would like to take this opportunity to express his satisfaction with the Jets' facilities. Although there were several nicer, more luxurious options available to him, he was ultimately convinced that the locker next to other Jets players, or, his teammates, would help to ignite team unity and promote team chemistry. Brett is very happy to be a member of the New York Jets football team. He is aware that there is a long, rich history of New York Jets football. He has told me for many years that he welcomed a trade to the New York Jets, his number one team besides the Packers. Brett is having a blast now, fitting in with his New York Jets teammates, including the Jets wide receiver, the Jets running back, and the Jets coach, who he respects deeply. He said he likes joking around with the Jets offensive line and he is mentoring the young Jets quarterback. He is looking forward to this season, when he will showcase his talents in the stadium where the Jets play."

did you actually take your time and write all that?

that was ******* hilarious :rofl:

He has a place in Hollywood now, or if ever theres a writers strike again.

Haha, nicely done.

Also @ the first two responses, who cares? No reason to be douches about it.

saying you weren't being a douche doesn't make it true

accept it and move on is my advice

Your right. I accept it. Aren't we all here to talk about the Patriots any way?

Doctor I think it's cancer of the humor gland.

Nice job, thought it was real at first.. then

Pretty funny.

And with the ridiculous "Favre one of the guy stories" yesterday because he actually lowered himself to running laps for mistakes like the common players, almost believable.

Pretty funny.

And with the ridiculous "Favre one of the guy stories" yesterday because he actually lowered himself to running laps for mistakes like the common players, almost believable.

What is even more ridiculous is that it became newsworthy.. ESPN=all favre all the time.

that was ******* hilarious :rofl:

You laugh, but what you don't know is that Favre is a "Never Nude" and suffers the pain and anguish of this disorder, making a private dressing room a necessity.

Oh forget it, you wouldn't understand.

nevernude.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, nicely done.

Also @ the first two responses, who cares? No reason to be douches about it.

I was actually wondering if he took the time to write it, or if he found it somewhere...god!

Nice job Ice Ice Brady. I love it!!!
Btw Dale Arnold on WEEI had me laughing a few minutes ago. Dale says he's waiting for ESPN's breaking news that Brett Favray just had a bowel movement. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye