PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mocks always having the Pats reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you've insulted me and had me insinuate that BB is a racist...

My point was not intended to be serious, it was merely to point out that a lot of mocks have us a taking a white guy that plays a position traditionally held by black players.

However, I think its possible that draftniks are taking the idea that the patriots value intelligence and work ethic and translating that to "they like white players." It is the sports media that I'm calling (subconsciously) racist, not BB. If that's not the explanation for having us take the likes of Brian Leonard in the first round, I don't know what is.

That did sound like what you were insinuating. It sounds now like you're calling the media racist instead, which may or may not be true depending on the guy who wrote up the mock. I'd be careful about making broad statements insinuating racism though. There have been lots of accusations/insinuations of racism towards boston area sports franchises. Some unfounded and some founded, but it's a pretty sensitive topic nonetheless.

I dunno why anyone is complaining. How many freaking times do we say, "who the hell..?" Only to see the player was a projected 3rd rounder. I could give a damn what Mel Kiper says after he watches a college game. I'll gladly side with BB and his scouts who live and breathe football and nearly stalk their prospects on the football field.

The consensus: The Pats will take the Best White Player Available.

That's an idiotic, ignorant, not funny statement. Go to your room.

Now that you've insulted me and had me insinuate that BB is a racist...

My point was not intended to be serious, it was merely to point out that a lot of mocks have us a taking a white guy that plays a position traditionally held by black players.

However, I think its possible that draftniks are taking the idea that the patriots value intelligence and work ethic and translating that to "they like white players." It is the sports media that I'm calling (subconsciously) racist, not BB. If that's not the explanation for having us take the likes of Brian Leonard in the first round, I don't know what is.

Upon further review, it seems like you are in fact the one that is pigeon holing "white positions" and "black positions." You are gonna get into a lot of trouble using the term "traditionally held by _____________." It may insinuate something you don't mean to/want to say.

"With the 28th pick, the New England Patriots select the white running back, Rutgers.":rolleyes: :rolleyes: (SARCASM)

Last edited:
Does this board have no sense of humor?

absolutely none unless it involves a Randall Gay joke, but even then you better follow it up "not that there's anything wrong with that"

The board is representative of society. If you mention race, you're a racist. This kind of mentality kills any dialogue on the subject and....forget it

The point is Brian Leonard is marginally better than Heath Evans and I will be shocked and dismayed if the Patriots pick him in the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back