PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mock Draft Weekly

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Is anybody watching this on NFL Network? Mayock is moderating a mock draft with about 10 NFLN personalities. Very interesting. There's no trades, but some interesting picks are Manziel at 2, Kyle Fuller at 12-ish, Anthony Barr at 20, Odell Beckham at 23.

Kelvin Benjamin goes at 28. Shazier still on the board for the Pats. So are Ealy, Nix, Hageman. Daniel Jeremiah drafting. Pick is ASJ. Seems like a reach based on need, which seems un-Belichickian. Although if trades were allowed, that likely would've happened.

Mariucci takes Shazier at 30 for the Niners.

Two surprises to close: Jarvis Landry to Denver and Jace Amaro to Seattle.

Is anybody watching this on NFL Network? Mayock is moderating a mock draft with about 10 NFLN personalities. Very interesting. There's no trades, but some interesting picks are Manziel at 2, Kyle Fuller at 12-ish, Anthony Barr at 20, Odell Beckham at 23.
Just finished watching it. It was pretty good. Michael Irving is incredibly annoying.

I don't understand the pessimism about Shazier being out of reach in these parts. sure, he might not make it too us but he's a WILL LB and they are rarely drafted in round one. There's more than a good chance he makes it to 29.

As for the ASJ pick, i'm a fan of Jeremiah and i'm a big fan of the pick. ASJ is the best all-round TE in the draft as far as I'm concerned and is in no way a reach (particularly if you get 2012 ASJ).

I really liked Marshall Faulk's pick Manziel pick for the Rams (have been saying he'll go there for a while) and am glad my favourite prospect Kyle Fuller got some love at 11 to the titans. Aside from the XSF (Jets) and Kouandjio (Dolphins) picks, I thought the whole exercise was very realistic.

I don't understand the pessimism about Shazier being out of reach in these parts. sure, he might not make it too us but he's a WILL LB and they are rarely drafted in round one. There's more than a good chance he makes it to 29.

As for the ASJ pick, i'm a fan of Jeremiah and i'm a big fan of the pick. ASJ is the best all-round TE in the draft as far as I'm concerned and is in no way a reach (particularly if you get 2012 ASJ).

I really liked Marshall Faulk's pick Manziel pick for the Rams (have been saying he'll go there for a while) and am glad my favourite prospect Kyle Fuller got some love at 11 to the titans. Aside from the XSF (Jets) and Kouandjio (Dolphins) picks, I thought the whole exercise was very realistic.

Do you like ASF to the pats over Amaro?

Do you like ASF to the pats over Amaro?

I like how you're confusing ASJ and CJF in your post :)

In answer to your question, yes I do. Comfortably. I'm not that big a fan of Amaro in that I think he's a very linear receiver who benefits from scheme. ASJ is outstanding at the catch point and has shown the athletic ability in 2012 when he was playing about 10lbs lighter to be a legit no1 TE prospect. I am very high on ASJ and have said that I see Gronk like upside in him. I don't think Amaro is anywhere near that.

I was watching this show (pretty cool), the Bruins, the Red Sox and another draft program basically at the same time.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back