PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

mock draft - want a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB is no where near biggest need..have people forgotten about Hobbs and Gay?

jonathan joseph with the 8th overall pick has to be the biggest laugh ive gotten in all the mocks ive looked at all year

patsfan55 said:
jonathan joseph with the 8th overall pick has to be the biggest laugh ive gotten in all the mocks ive looked at all year

i personally have jimmy williams, tye hill, antonio cromartie, ashton youboty, and richard marshall ahead of him at the cb position

patsfan55 said:

With the likes of Huff, Ngata and Bunkley still on the board. Oh, and Manny Lawson doesn't make the 1st round at all....

But you know what? We're all clicking over there and talking about it, which we wouldn't have done if it were a conservative, rational mock. That's it, I'm posting my own mock where the Pats take Dee Webb and Marcus Vick!

Remix 6 said:

I agree. But, apparently many people here also for some reason see CB as our biggest need. All I can say is I'd be very, very disappointed if we take Tye Hill at 21 - or any CB.

big mike said:
I agree. But, apparently many people here also for some reason see CB as our biggest need. All I can say is I'd be very, very disappointed if we take Tye Hill at 21 - or any CB.

It may not be our biggest need, but it could be the intersection of need vs. value at #21, depending on what happens earlier. I mean, does anyone really think Samuel, Gay, Hobbs, and Scott can't be improved upon? We don't even know yet if Gay or Hobbs can handle starting at CB for an entire year.

It would not surprise me in the least to get a CB at 21.

Last edited:

ieee, i see where youre coming from, but i believe it is our biggest need, we don't have a true number one, and the only one with the potential to turn into that number one is ellis hobbs

Ellis Hobbs- short, unexperienced

Asante Samuel- slow, a great number 2

Randall Gay- oft-injured, fits better as a safety in my opinion

Chad Scott- old, here for vet leadership

we need a true number one, and antonio cromartie is that guy, hes tall, fast, has fluid hips, a great backpedal, etc.. hes just a true number one, hes just need to learn not to bite on play action, and to read routes better,

lets take a look at last years numbers, the patriots allowed 231.4 passing yards a game, good for second to last in the league (in front of only the 49'ers), the pats allowed 25 passing td's last season....good for 4th to last,

now you can say that a huge part of this is harrisons absence, and youd be right, but his status is still in the air, who knows when he'll be back? you may say that OLB is big need and youd be right, but its in better shape then the corner position

you may say RB is a need, but do you really think that BB will invest any more money into that position where we have Dillon, Faulk, Pass, and Evans? Maurice Drew in the second or third is more likely.

you may say WR is a bigger need, ok, who's worth taking at 21? that leaves me with the conclusion that the pats will either draft Cromartie, trade down, or draft Carpenter/ Greenway (Manny Lawson isn't a natural pass rusher according to his coach, i agree)

The problem with looking at last year's pass defense, is that it was terrible in the middle of the year, but quite respectable at either end, especially the final third, when the lineup finally stabilized. I'd still like to pick up a CB, and Cromartie looks good. But, at 21, if Greenway, Lawson, Ryans or Carpenter is still on the board, I think a CB will just have to wait a round.

Last edited:
At TC last year, Chad Scott was playing a lot of nickel/dime CB that lined up as a S. I would not be surpirsed if Chad plays that same position if he makes the team next year.

I think BB's attempt to sign Townsend tells us that he thinks the position needs immediate help for next season.

Hard to imagine anybody beating Hill deep with his 4.30 speed, however he gives up a ton of stuff underneath. Is that something BB can work with him on correcting????

This mock wasn't even in the ballpark. Bobby Carpenter, Greenway or Williams most likely our 21st pick. It'll be tough to pass on Deangelo Williams if he drops to 21 but I am still salivating at getting Carpenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes