PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Who do we want to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Baltimore is unbeaten and could have the inside track on one of the two byes (along with indy) if they leave Denver undefeated tonight. Baltimore has a more competitive division and could drop a couple there as well as games vs Atlanta, @KC, vs carolina, and @new orleans. It is a more likely scenario that they lose more than the Pats do the rest of the way.

Denver, after starting slow, is 2-1, a win makes them 3-1 and they only have competition from SD in their own division. No matter what, they hold the tiebreaker vs the Pats. Denver's schedule is a bit more forgiving than that of Baltimore's. They are not unbeatable by any stretch but they have more seemingly winnable games left than do the Ravens.

I guess I'll go wtih rooting for Baltimore. The Patriots do not face Baltimore so really it is overall record and then record vs AFC opponents (if a tie) that will determine the seeding. The Patriots could still finished tied with Baltimore record-wise and win the tiebreaker. Since Denver beat the Pats head to head, we need them to lose one more than the Pats do (probably somewhere in the vacinity of 5 games) the rest of the way.

Root for the Ravens, even if they go to 5-0. Any loss by the team (Denver)enjoying the best home field advantage in the NFL over the Patriots, is good for New England.

Baltimore for me.

I hate the Broncos. And if we had to play @ Bal or @ Den, I would prefer @ Bal.

Baltimore. Get the Broncos out of the homefield picture early. Baltimore has a ton of vets; they'll start breaking down later in the season anyway. But I think Denver will win, unfortunately.

Can't say I hate them both. I might root for the Broncos only because the Ravens are so over rated its not even funny. That might change as the game goes along.

I hate the ravens, and I hate mcnair. and they are way overrated.

I was the broncos to win

BradfordPatsFan said:
Baltimore is unbeaten and could have the inside track on one of the two byes (along with indy) if they leave Denver undefeated tonight. Baltimore has a more competitive division and could drop a couple there as well as games vs Atlanta, @KC, vs carolina, and @new orleans. It is a more likely scenario that they lose more than the Pats do the rest of the way.

Denver, after starting slow, is 2-1, a win makes them 3-1 and they only have competition from SD in their own division. No matter what, they hold the tiebreaker vs the Pats. Denver's schedule is a bit more forgiving than that of Baltimore's. They are not unbeatable by any stretch but they have more seemingly winnable games left than do the Ravens.

I guess I'll go wtih rooting for Baltimore. The Patriots do not face Baltimore so really it is overall record and then record vs AFC opponents (if a tie) that will determine the seeding. The Patriots could still finished tied with Baltimore record-wise and win the tiebreaker. Since Denver beat the Pats head to head, we need them to lose one more than the Pats do (probably somewhere in the vacinity of 5 games) the rest of the way.
I couldn't agree more.

Broncos need to lose 100 to 0. I dont mind the Ravens and i like McNair.

absolutely hate McNair hate Ray Lewis and hate that certain guys in the media (sharpe, irvin) absolutely love Ray Ray cause he's from THE U and think McNair is the toughest SOB ever but gotta go with baltimore tonight. wow now that i said all that against the ravens i remember how much i hate lewis and mcnair but i guess i still gotta go with balt. anyway to get us not to play at denver in the playoffs.

I have to say Baltimore...they may be undefeated, but they have 2 games with Cinci and Pitts...and Carolina and NO to boot. Denver needs to be strugglling...and GONE!!! Go Ravens!!

I don't want the Broncos in the playoffs, at all costs. I'd rather the Pats lose out on a bye but be guaranteed not to face the Broncos than have a bye but chance meeting Denver. They're understandably in my head.

Besides, the Ravens 4 game game streak is no better than the Dolphins 6 game streak to end last year (a bunch of awful teams and San Diego). I've watched parts of their games and they play well for the final 5-10 minutes. Otherwise they look really bad.

Questions is who will win this game ? when in doubt compare- shanahan vs billick.
i dislike billick..most overrated coach ..hope he loses.

I hope Baltimore wins because I don't want to play Denver in the playoffs. I don't think Baltimore is that goos so they'll lose a few games later this season regardless.

Put me down for Baltimore. Best of two evils.

You can't possibly expect me to root for a team that eat Patriots for breakfast, can you?

I will root for any team overe Broncos anyday, even... even... Indy..

Those player intros are so freakin stupid.

The Ravens are overrated and will lose more this year. We need Denver to have a worse record than the Pats. Go, Baltimore!

I understand not liking Ray Ray -- the dance, the crimes, all about him.

I like watchiung Ed Reed. Amazing talent and drive. he made on of the greatest solo plays I've ever seen. I believe it was against Brunell -- he took a very long route around, strip sacked, and returned the fumble for a TD. Didn;t he also have a 107 or 109 yeard return>

Can someone explain why they would hate McNair? I think he's a very good QB who has played most of his career injured. He made it to the pros after being drafted out of Alcorn State (where???).

another pick for Jake... why can't he play like that against us!?

Ravens, Ravens, Ravens.

NE has trouble with Denver, for whatever reasons. Root for the possibility that Denver doesn't make it. Baltimore can be beat. Their defense is tough but certainly not impregnable. Their offense is infused with McNair, but that will fade.

Denver can be beat, and other teams are capable. Baltimore seems to be predictable for the Pats, so hail to the Ravens. The Broncettes, however, seem to have an incalcuable insight. F-'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes