PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Minnesota Vikings at New York Giants

meh was really hoping to see the giants have a historically bad season

meh was really hoping to see the giants have a historically bad season

Don't want them to be too bad. They might get Clowney. The absolute S-T-U-D for South Carolina.

Ray Lewis is clueless as a commentator. Most of what he says has no relevancy.

And people were blaming Shiano for him sucking in TB...

I believe that when Frazier announced that his depth chart was

Freeman
Ponder
Cassel

I gave that a maximum of 3 weeks. I might have been optimistic.

"This is just painful for Frazier"

Ummm...he benched a QB that had 3 TDs and a 90qbr in two games for this joke.

Given Minn's season is looking like it was over even before the start of tonight's game, I gotta believe that the Minn brain trust was giving Freeman an in game tryout because (a) they do not see Cassel as anything but a backup and (b) are looking for next year's starting QB and (c) they feel Ponder is likely not their #1 QB going forward.

I tell you what, if that isn't the explanation and their coach really felt Freeman was the best option to win? Then either Freeman looked real good in practice then didn't live up to what he did in practice or this coach's decision making process is seriously suspect. Cassel gave the best Minn QB performance of the year in one game and looked not good in another though it wasn't an embarrassing performance. Neither of the performances looked as bad as Freeman looked tonight, that was an embarrassing performance especially considering the NYG defense is highly suspect.

The only thing I would say for Freeman, Cassell and Ponder is Minn's offense appears to have varying problems that may not be solvable with any QB. But given Freeman's well documented woes and Ponder's proven woes, Cassel was the player that gives the team the best chance to win. So again I hope the choice to start Freeman was about some type of long term thought process versus the belief he gave them the best chance to win last night.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back