PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF:Hotlanta vs Green Bay

Seriously we couldn't score that many point against the Packers!
when your up by more then 3 TD's at the half your defense kinda stops caring and they lets jones go crazy on them to the point that if he did not get injured he may have won that game for them ,

but yes the pats could have scored more vs the packers and the packers could have put 50 on the pats defense in that game it is what it is

If anything, I was hoping Rodgers would throw a pick.. :mad:

In before Packers are beatable. :rolleyes: ;)

when your up by more then 3 TD's at the half your defense kinda stops caring and they lets jones go crazy on them to the point that if he did not get injured he may have won that game for them ,

but yes the pats could have scored more vs the packers and the packers could have put 50 on the pats defense in that game it is what it is

i just don't think their defense is any good at all,and it reflect poorly on our offense as we're starting to struggle late on the road this season.

ryan touchdown. always liked that guy.
too bad his team is bad. the coach is also a clown so that doesnt help

He almost helped my team pull off the victory. Fell 2 points shy in a devastating loss to a lesser foe. Kicking myself in the rear for taking Andre Williams out of the lineup for Rashad Jennings close to game time Sunday. Should of been a landslide win.

i just don't think their defense is any good at all,and it reflect poorly on our offense as we're starting to struggle late on the road this season.
I think the problem is Vereen and Wright Brady's 4th and 5th opt have done noting and the running game has not been good so has long as teams don't let Gronk go crazy on them they can hold the pats under 25

The key difference was that the Falcons put five healthy offensive linemen on the field, while the Pats decided that a clearly hobbled Connolly was still a better option than any of the backups. He was clearly the weak link in pass protection, and on one of the plays where they did get a good running gain up the middle, it was despite Connolly getting dominated rather than because of him doing something positive.

You put week 14 Connolly in that week 13 game against the Packers and I'm not sure we wouldn't have seen something closer to what the Falcons did tonight.

Each game's results is not a 1:1 comparison of the previous game/other games. The Packers beating the Patriots 26-21 is not fvery comparative to the Packers beating ATL 37-43. Every week the dynamics of the game change too much for it to be that simple.
The Packers throttled ATL after the first 30 minutes. GB's 5 first half drives: TD, TD, FG, TD, TD. ATL's 5 first half drives: TD, Turnover, Punt, Punt, (50+ yard) FG attempt blocked. Isn't it possible the Packers came out in the second half playing at a different intensity level given it seemed overwhelmingly likely they had already won the game? Especially after the high intensity game against the Patriots the previous week??

Another factor: despite the Patriots being an obviously better team than ATL, this doesn't mean that the individual matchups for ATL against GB won't contain some favorability toward ATL. For instance ATL's OL may match up more favorability against GB's DL (if the Patriot's OL plays better then I think the game's result is quite different).

It is frustrating we couldn't score more against GB... I felt like they had a lot of little things go their way for the entire game, for example the first two drives ending on a 4th and 2 and 4th and 1. You can argue that just proves their defense can get the job done, but banking on Edelman not being able to pick up 1 yard after the catch is not what I would call a "reliable strategy."

I actually thought the defense did a pretty good job too, and got "unlucky" is similar ways. GB had a lot of low-percentage type plays work out, right down to the last pass of the game, which easily could have been knocked down or dropped on the hit. In the end our guys didn't make the plays that game, which is why GB won, but they were plays that I think they usually make and will make if we're lucky enough to see a rematch.

On a related note, I just don't feel like GB is the type of teams that wins championships... Their defense is porous, and their offense is too reliant on big plays. Having that type of offense is nice because any game is winnable, and bad defenses will consistently get shredded, but at the end of the day big plays are low-percentage plays, and we've seen time and time again big play offenses in the playoffs make a few less plays than normal and end up losing to some 6th seed scrubs with a mediocre offense and a halfway-decent defense.

The Packers D sure didn't play like this against us.

They didn't play much better, NE just had a lousy game plan.

Turns out that terrible pick was the key play in the game. That was at least a 10 point swing since it handed GB an easy TD and there is little reason to believe they would have stopped Atlanta from driving the 20 yards they needed to get into FG range. Even at 31-7, I was thinking, "if he hadn't thrown that pick, it's probably only 24-14 now with the Falcons getting the ball first...." I didn't think Atlanta would ever get close enough for that mistake to be so magnified, though.

On a related note, I just don't feel like GB is the type of teams that wins championships... Their defense is porous, and their offense is too reliant on big plays. Having that type of offense is nice because any game is winnable, and bad defenses will consistently get shredded, but at the end of the day big plays are low-percentage plays, and we've seen time and time again big play offenses in the playoffs make a few less plays than normal and end up losing to some 6th seed scrubs with a mediocre offense and a halfway-decent defense.

The problem here is that they are connecting so smoothly that doesn't even seem to be a big play, although the big yards are there, it's like routine. Rodgers is the best QB in NFL right now and it's not close, he is good in every aspect of a QB's game and his receivers are damn good, he also deals well with the bad weather. I'll be really surprised if they don't make to the SB. I'm gonna root against, I don't wanna any revenge against the Packers this year, last time I wanted a revenge didn't ended well.

GB gave up 30 points in the second half, at home against a team with the #23 rushing game in the NFL.

They can be had by the Pats. With the addition of Blount and Gray they have a running game that is much better than their stats to date. Use Blount and Gray between the tackles and Vereen for high percentage screens, all of it setting up Jules and Wright and Gronk.

I'm getting uncharacteristically way ahead of myself here, but I want the Pack and not the Seahawks if we make the SB.

Still don't know why Mike Smith chose to try some ridiculous half-onsides kick with > 2 minutes left
plus 3 TOs. He should've forced GB to return the KO; perhaps the KR fumbles, or if not then maybe
he has a lousy return and makes Rodgers start with his back to his EZ.

Or maybe it wouldn't have made a difference which way he chose: like last week vs the Pats, if GB
needed to score, they probably would've scored.

The problem here is that they are connecting so smoothly that doesn't even seem to be a big play, although the big yards are there, it's like routine. Rodgers is the best QB in NFL right now and it's not close, he is good in every aspect of a QB's game and his receivers are damn good, he also deals well with the bad weather. I'll be really surprised if they don't make to the SB. I'm gonna root against, I don't wanna any revenge against the Packers this year, last time I wanted a revenge didn't ended well.
It's undeniable that they look really, really good right now. But we've seen better offenses, and we've seen better offenses fail.

This is some of the best quarterbacking play i've ever seen in my life. GB does not have Denver level weapons, and their offensive line is completely porous. Despite all of that, Rogers completely decimates every D he's been up against. He fits some of those long ball floaters between double teams and he is looking like Joe Montana in the way he makes plays. This is not overrated play where the offense does everything to make you look good like Manning last year, this is that rare zone that few players have ever reached.

This is Brady 2007/2011 level football, its Montana 1989, Young 1994 and Warner 2k. It's a thing of beauty.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back