PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks - preview and prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not talking way back with the Calvin Johnson rule in 2010, because Detroit was nowhere near the playoffs that year

No that was a freak play that shouldn't be held against him. Read @Bartmac36 last post. He remembers the game.

I can't listen to Ray Lewis. What is he doing on t.v.?
no idea, thankfully they removed lewis from the morning countdown show. too bad keyshawn and tom jackson are still on TV. i avoid the pregame shows these days since they all hate us!:D

btw..this sportscenter hosted by scott van pelt sucks
Head of NFL officiating said that it should have been the Lions ball.

ugh oh...if this was the pats, then this would be a huge scandal.
espn loves seattle so they will cover this up.

The BSPN former ref says it was an illegal bat and should have been Lions ball half the distance from where the fumble occurred.

Is that a reviewable play? I remember when we lost to the Steelers, Polamalu did the same to us in 2011?

All TO automatic review. Officials totally screwed the pooch, missed on the field, officials upstairs missed it Blandino didn't react.

Anyone think that BB wouldn't know the rule and make a stink with the refs.

Jim Caldwell has been notified and is fuming.

3IQqwBs.jpg

Even if the ref got the call right there's no guarantee that the Lions would have scored from the 1 with the way they were playing. And if they did score knowing how Russell Wilson was playing...

Now, imagine if teams could review ANY play??

Now didn't Troy Polomalu do something like this to us back in the 2011 game that we lost to the Steelers?

The Lions will get a nice apology letter from the NFL. It will read:

"We got it wrong. That sucks. You still lost. Hey, you guys got any evidence of Tom Brady deflating footballs?"

Referees should, whenever possible, not be put in a position of determining intent.

Similarly the rules should not put a player where he is rewarded for faking something as opposed to not doing so, when the end result is identical.

Yes, I realize that these are the rules that are on the books. The talking heads are making a mountain out of a molehill, based on an obscure rule.

Sound familiar?

Michael Bennett: "I don't like Matt Stafford much. He's from Dallas. They killed the President (JFK). ... I hold it against him."

He can't be serious.. right?

I'm guessing that it's not a reviewable play after the fact.
Yeah, that's what Blandino reportedly said. Bill Belichick is right; all plays should be reviewable.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;12th man&quot; identified.. <a href="http://t.co/X7I7fZAq2H">pic.twitter.com/X7I7fZAq2H</a></p>&mdash; NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) <a href="">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now didn't Troy Polomalu do something like this to us back in the 2011 game that we lost to the Steelers?
Forgot all about that until you mentioned it.

If I recall correctly at the time it was lauded as a smart play ... and then flip-flopped to being that Polomalu was attempting to recover the fumble. :rolleyes:

Michael Bennett: "I don't like Matt Stafford much. He's from Dallas. They killed the President (JFK). ... I hold it against him."

haha he also said that kam should be paid " paul allen is the 71th richest man in the world, pay that man "...im pretty sure that was his quote.

He's a moron, as shown in last year's Super Bowl. He also interrupted Kam Chancellor's post-game interview on ESPN to tell Paul Allen to pay Chancellor. I'm sure that will go over well.

Forgot all about that until you mentioned it.

If I recall correctly at the time it was lauded as a smart play ... and then flip-flopped to being that Polomalu was attempting to recover the fumble. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back