PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks - preview and prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/useofhands

A player may not bat or punch:

(a) A loose ball (in field of play) toward his opponent’s goal line or in any direction in either end zone.

(b) A ball in player possession.

Note: If there is any question as to whether a defender is stripping or batting a ball in player possession, the official(s) will rule the action as a legal act (stripping the ball).

Colts: unimpressed
Broncos: unimpressed by offense
Seahawks: unimpressed by offense

brutal loss for lions fans. they had the W, then their best player fumbles...insanity.
not impressed by seattle at all. brady will shred them yet again if we meet in the SB

Agreed but I don't think he'll get the chance. Think AZs got that division and either them or GB in the big game

The BSPN former ref says it was an illegal bat and should have been Lions ball half the distance from where the fumble occurred.

Is that a reviewable play? I remember when we lost to the Steelers, Polamalu did the same to us in 2011?

Head of NFL officiating said that it should have been the Lions ball.

how?? they played the 0-4 lions and the bears lead by jimmy football ( aka jimmy clausen )

They've given up 10 points in 2 games. Yes, their competition has been bad, but those are the type of numbers you would expect against that kind of competition from a good defense. Sheer domination on the defensive side.

I can't listen to Ray Lewis. What is he doing on t.v.?

@Bartmac36 help me out here. Was it 2012? Google search got me nothing.

If we are thinking of the same game, it was the monday nighter in detroit against the ravens in 2013.

iirc he actually had two WIDE OPEN passes that he dropped in that game that woulda gone for big yardage in a game they lost after a 60 yard tucker field goal. They were indeed elimated from the playoffs after that.

Ive always felt that calvin has never had the elite hands of other great WRs, despite excelling at everything else.

Head of NFL officiating said that it should have been the Lions ball.
Wasn't he (Blandino) at NFL HQ in charge of reviewing all turnovers within 2 minutes?

They froze the camera on the back judge just staring at the bat.. he even made eye contact with Wright. lmao

Wasn't he (Blandino) at NFL HQ in charge of reviewing all turnovers within 2 minutes?

I'm guessing that it's not a reviewable play after the fact.

Jimmy Graham is quickly becoming the second most overrated offseason move after Suh. The guy is a good TE, but his elite status might have been because Drew Brees was throwing to him.

Loved the still frame of the back official looking straight at an illegal play and not having a clue it was a rule.

CQmrA2dUwAEjmUK.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former NFL referee Gerry Austin said KJ Wright batting the ball out of the back of the end zone is illegal, should have been Lions ball.</p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="">October 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is batting the ball into the endzone a reviewable play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down