PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF- Colts @ Jags - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a football fan, it is the rare Monday game that I will watch.

Disclosure - HD has improved and changed my life.

For the game itself I expect the JAGs to have some success running the ball but in the end the won't be able to score the necessary points. The good thing is Indy is they are past their bye and start a series of games against physical defenses, by the time the playoffs start it comes down to who is left on the field (not injured) and who plays the best (not who is the best).

---------------
Mon 10/22 at Jacksonville 8:30 pm - Physical
Sun 10/28 at Carolina 1:00 pm - Physical
Sun 11/4 New England 4:15 pm - Physical
Sun 11/11 at San Diego 8:15 pm - Physical
Sun 11/18 Kansas City 1:00 pm
Thu 11/22 at Atlanta 8:15 pm
Sun 12/2 Jacksonville 1:00 pm - Physical
Sun 12/9 at Baltimore 8:15 pm - Physical
Sun 12/16 at Oakland 4:05 pm
Sun 12/23 Houston 1:00 pm
Sun 12/30 Tennessee 1:00 pm - Physical

@Baltimore-Physical (15-6)
V. NE- Physical (38-34)
V. Bears- Physical (29-17)
@TN- Physical (22-20)
V. Bucs- Physical (33-14)

We can handle physical

(I get your point-but TN, Jax, NE, Dallas, Giants, Skins, Donks) were all pretty physical teams last season, and we seemed to have weathered that storm.

the colts injury report is almost as hilarious as ours

sanders - bruised ribs
addei - bruised chest
harrison - bruised knee

who ever heard of a bruised knee (aren't they always twisted)
sanders is talking about playing.
no word on addei

the colts have their own injury problems. They have 2 rookies seeing significant time on the DL. Expect the Jags to pound the ball relentlessly and control the game that way.

Jags .....20-17

the colts injury report is almost as hilarious as ours

sanders - bruised ribs
addei - bruised chest
harrison - bruised knee

who ever heard of a bruised knee (aren't they always twisted)
sanders is talking about playing.
no word on addei

the colts have their own injury problems. They have 2 rookies seeing significant time on the DL. Expect the Jags to pound the ball relentlessly and control the game that way.

Jags .....20-17

All three are supposedly going to be ready. I think the concussed (Utecht and Keiaho) might be out longer.

Brock, Mathis, Freeney are the other D-line starters. But with rotation, Charleston and Dawson are seeing some time. Big Ed, while a rookie, is a solid player. Would rather have Booger, but will go with Johnson.

One thing I would bet the farm on, Jax does not get close to 375 on the ground. ALTHOUGH, I think they will pound it to the tune of 45 times, so if we keep them to our average LAST SEASON (173ypg), I think I will be happy, because I think we will win.

Sorry Colts fans, I don't see this game as a problem for your team. I am a realist, not a wishing on a star fan and the Colts are loaded on both sides of the ball, so I expect them to win without too much trouble.

Sorry Colts fans, I don't see this game as a problem for your team. I am a realist, not a wishing on a star fan and the Colts are loaded on both sides of the ball, so I expect them to win without too much trouble.
Hey now, none of that reverse psychology ****!

I call games like I see them, not like I hope they would turn out.

The Colts are an excellent team, lets not try to think the opposite is the case...........

Jags gonna run the ball up their throats. Jags can win if their defense stops the remaining healthy Colts WR's and Manning.

I hope they win.

Another classy guest fan of another team.

Do you often go into other people's houses and say that to them? Or do you just talk like this on the internet from the safety of your mom's basement?

Another classy guest fan of another team.

Do you often go into other people's houses and say that to them? Or do you just talk like this on the internet from the safety of your mom's basement?
Bored? Resurrecting a post that is close to 3 days old? I suppose I could randomly select phrases from some of your posts, and ask the same? Looks like my advice worked, as the poster has not been back.

Bored? Resurrecting a post that is close to 3 days old? I suppose I could randomly select phrases from some of your posts, and ask the same? Looks like my advice worked, as the poster has not been back.
I don't read every post as soon as it is posted, nor do I check the dates, nor do I understand why you are upset that I responded. Nor do I undestand why you are so proud of saying STFU and driving away a Patsfan from his own site, but feel free to find any post of mine where I told someone to STFU, or any post I ever made on another fan site insulting members of another team on their own website.

I am constantly amazed at the people who go to other fans sites and act like 12-year-olds.

I have no respect for people who do this, as I am sure you feel about juvenile Pats, Jags or whoever fans who act like imbeciles on Coltsfans.com.

I have never hidden my thoughts on trolls. What you people do is the internet equivalent of pre-teens talking rudely to adults and thinking it is funny. I guess it is funny to a pre-teen.

I don't read every post as soon as it is posted, nor do I check the dates, nor do I understand why you are upset that I responded. Nor do I undestand why you are so proud of saying STFU and driving away a Patsfan from his own site, but feel free to find any post of mine where I told someone to STFU, or any post I ever made on another fan site insulting members of another team on their own website.

I am constantly amazed at the people who go to other fans sites and act like 12-year-olds.

I have no respect for people who do this, as I am sure you feel about juvenile Pats, Jags or whoever fans who act like imbeciles on Coltsfans.com.

I have never hidden my thoughts on trolls. What you people do is the internet equivalent of pre-teens talking rudely to adults and thinking it is funny. I guess it is funny to a pre-teen.
Well, I suppose if everyone were as nice as you, I wouldn't have to type the letters STFU, eh? It is a pretty good idea to actually READ before responding.

Last edited:
50-50 game imho

This is one of those tough division games where I expect Indy to win but you're not totally shocked if Jacksonville pulls off the upset. Jacksonville because of their defense and familiarity just gives Indy trouble much like Miami has with the Patriots in the past especially at home.

The difference this week is Miami's defense is now old and Jacksonville is still playing at at top level.

@Baltimore-Physical (15-6)
V. NE- Physical (38-34)
V. Bears- Physical (29-17)
@TN- Physical (22-20)
V. Bucs- Physical (33-14)

We can handle physical

(I get your point-but TN, Jax, NE, Dallas, Giants, Skins, Donks) were all pretty physical teams last season, and we seemed to have weathered that storm.

I think the Colts will win most of their upcoming games, and they should finish around 14-2. The comment on the physical nature of the upcoming games is more of a comment on injuries / depth. The Colts are past their bye, this gives the Pats a slight advantage down the stretch.

The season now becomes a grind (aka battle of attrition), it should be fun to see how different the rosters are at the end of the year.

I think for the Jags to win this game they will need to dominate in the running game. That is they need to rack up around 300+ yards rushing combined. The Colts defense is small so they are vulnerable to the power run. If the Jags can control the clock and keep Peyton off the field then they have a chance. However if they can't do that and the Colts offense is on the field for say 38 minutes, it's gonna be a loong game and the Colts will score a lot of points.

They're coming off a bye. I don't see them losing.

I think the Colts will win most of their upcoming games, and they should finish around 14-2. The comment on the physical nature of the upcoming games is more of a comment on injuries / depth. The Colts are past their bye, this gives the Pats a slight advantage down the stretch.

The season now becomes a grind (aka battle of attrition), it should be fun to see how different the rosters are at the end of the year.
Somewhat generous in your 14 win prediction. And yes, I think injuries, and staying clear of them the next 4 weeks, will be a key component to success. Every year that bye seems to come "at the right time", and I think it did this season, however, an 11 game stretch is quite a haul.

If the Jags win the game, they'll be in first place..it IS a big game...I don't see the Colts losing it...too much at stake..and with a bye...doubtful it's close..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye