PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF- Colts @ Jags - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right in front of the speakers!

And the pumped in crowd noise -:) I went to the Bruins/Sharks game Saturday night in San Jose. They had a power outtage and it delayed the game a 1/2 hour. When they finally got the lights and scoreboard going, they also put up on the board that there'd be no PA or music. They played almost the whole 1st period like that and I loved it. I don't know why teams think they need this entertainment when IMO the game is entertaining. About 20 years ago NBC did a Jets/Miami game wthout announcers. Just showed little graphivs with down and distance and some other info once in awhile. I like that, too

They don't pump in crowd noise in the dome. Don't have to.

And the pumped in crowd noise -:) I went to the Bruins/Sharks game Saturday night in San Jose. They had a power outtage and it delayed the game a 1/2 hour. When they finally got the lights and scoreboard going, they also put up on the board that there'd be no PA or music. They played almost the whole 1st period like that and I loved it. I don't know why teams think they need this entertainment when IMO the game is entertaining. About 20 years ago NBC did a Jets/Miami game wthout announcers. Just showed little graphivs with down and distance and some other info once in awhile. I like that, too

That sounds great. Ditch the F'in commecials too and it would be perfect!

I don't think the combo of RB's are running as well as last year. Garrard is decent but you can't be "decent" and win on MNF against the Colts. It's almost a lock that Indy will be 100% prepared and ready to roll in primetime. Not to mention very healthy.

And making Bob Sanders angry isn't smart. He elevates his game everytime a player runs their mouth:

Just my two cents.

any team which has idiots running their mouth believes too much in its record .
Every yr we discuss xyz will run over the colts. has happened a couple of times but not this monday.
colts will win by running the ball on the vaunted jags D ., the score will look close but it wont be a contest in my book.

It seems like the Jags play them close every game but lose by less than a TD.
I have not seen either team play on tv this year so can't really pick one.
What do you think?

It's in Jax-so the Jags will smash'em with their running game, and keep Peyton off the field for long stretches.

27-17, Jax

I agree, I'm pretty good at picking games and I have a feeling that serious bettors will be taking the points on Monday Night, especially when the dumb ones push the line to 3 1/2.

Jax - 24
Indy 13

It's in Jax-so the Jags will smash'em with their running game, and keep Peyton off the field for long stretches.

27-17, Jax

Don't underestimate the Jags. Personally I think they are the 3rd best team in the AFC. #2 may be the Colts but I think the Jags can beat them at home.

They don't pump in crowd noise in the dome. Don't have to.

Um...Ryan? God love ya, but am I the only one who's going to call B.S. on this? I think the Colts are an excellent team and all, but that's HORSECRAP. Their crowd gets loud, but they're KNOWN to pump in crowd noise ILLEGALLY. It's one of those sleazy, lame-ass Polian moves like cranking the heat. The crowd-noise thing has gone on, occasionally but consistently, for YEARS.

Or are you joking?

Um...Ryan? God love ya, but am I the only one who's going to call B.S. on this? I think the Colts are an excellent team and all, but that's HORSECRAP. Their crowd gets loud, but they're KNOWN to pump in crowd noise ILLEGALLY. It's one of those sleazy, lame-ass Polian moves like cranking the heat. The crowd-noise thing has gone on, occasionally but consistently, for YEARS.

Or are you joking?
Hold the phone there, numbnuts. You think that because of a little blurb by Ed Werder, or an article by some Pittsburgh homer, that makes this allegation true?

Hold the phone there, numbnuts. You think that because of a little blurb by Ed Werder, or an article by some Pittsburgh homer, that makes this allegation true?

No. I think it makes it false. Relax, HBM. This is not some crackpot theory. It's conventional wisdom.

Sorry to break up your Kumbaya Dungy-er-than-thou Fest.

Last edited:

Or are you joking?

nope its never happened, we don't need it. The league investigated and found out nothing illegal was done.

Last edited:
If the Colts hadn't had the bye week, I'd have jumped on the Jaguars bandwagon. Even now, I'm leaning towards Jacksonville. I'll probably change my opinion 2-3 times before the game, but I'll always be hoping that Jacksonville wins the game and punishes Indianapolis physically in the process. If Jacksonville can do that, and Carolina decides to play physical instead of like the pansies they've been portraying most of this season, that could really help the Patriots when the two teams meet. I look at this next month for the Colts and, if the Jaguars can beat them, I can see the Colts dropping 3 out of 4 games.

Of course, the games are won on the field, not on internet message boards, so we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
they get a bye, so that helps. just like they did before going to new england in 2005. then last year the pats played a MNF road game before having indy on sunday. why is it that for most of the colts toughest games they have a bye or play that team when they have a short week? hmmmmm makes you wonder

they get a bye, so that helps. just like they did before going to new england in 2005. then last year the pats played a MNF road game before having indy on sunday. why is it that for most of the colts toughest games they have a bye or play that team when they have a short week? hmmmmm makes you wonder

Nah..... I detest the Colts because their GM is a Nancy boy who had to get the rules changed to win, but the schedule this season has their two toughest games (at least as would be expected prior to the season) being back to back, and the second of those games is against San Diego on the road.

Last edited:
In '05, we could have played on the road in SD on a Sunday, and traveled to NE on Monday, and whipped you that night:D

So, you empathsize with the Cowboys, who did exactly what you did last season?

Only 2 other teams this season have a Monday Night road game, then go on the road the following Sunday.

A T-Day game means they have a short week before TRAVELING to the ATL

STFU.

So, you empathsize with the Cowboys, who did exactly what you did last season?

Actually I do empathize with Dallas and think the schedule makers should do a better job. There's no way they should have been scheduled NE on short rest.

Early and late in the season have two Monday night games and have teams switch off and play a team from the other game the following Sunday. Then in the middle of the season have teams who play on Monday night have their bye week the following week.

We have Pitt the week after a Monday night @Baltimore which is also bogus.

Your schedule of @Jacksonville then @Carolina isn't fair either even with the bye before Jacksonville.

I think this game is closer than some of our Colts brothers think. If the Jags can keep Sanders out of the box (assuming he plays), then it's going to be a long day for the Colts. Indy is only good against the run when they can keep Sanders in the box. When Sanders has to hang back, the Colts are too small up front against a large team like the Jags.

If the Jags have some success, it should give us an indication of how much the Colts have improved this year but it depends on keeping Sanders honest.

As a football fan, it is the rare Monday game that I will watch.

Disclosure - HD has improved and changed my life.

For the game itself I expect the JAGs to have some success running the ball but in the end the won't be able to score the necessary points. The good thing is Indy is past their bye and start a series of games against physical defenses, by the time the playoffs start it comes down to who is left on the field (not injured) and who plays the best (not who is the best).

---------------
Mon 10/22 at Jacksonville 8:30 pm - Physical
Sun 10/28 at Carolina 1:00 pm - Physical
Sun 11/4 New England 4:15 pm - Physical
Sun 11/11 at San Diego 8:15 pm - Physical
Sun 11/18 Kansas City 1:00 pm
Thu 11/22 at Atlanta 8:15 pm
Sun 12/2 Jacksonville 1:00 pm - Physical
Sun 12/9 at Baltimore 8:15 pm - Physical
Sun 12/16 at Oakland 4:05 pm
Sun 12/23 Houston 1:00 pm
Sun 12/30 Tennessee 1:00 pm - Physical

Last edited:
I think this game is closer than some of our Colts brothers think. If the Jags can keep Sanders out of the box (assuming he plays), then it's going to be a long day for the Colts. Indy is only good against the run when they can keep Sanders in the box. When Sanders has to hang back, the Colts are too small up front against a large team like the Jags.

If the Jags have some success, it should give us an indication of how much the Colts have improved this year but it depends on keeping Sanders honest.
I think many respect the Jags and don't feel like we cake walk through this one. I cannot speak for Jilla:confused:

Sanders missed the second half of Denver, and he and Freddy K were out for Bucs. I realize Bucs were depleted, but I don't think this team is as bad without sanders as they were last season.

Sanders is good enough though that even if he "hangs back", he can come up and make a play quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes