PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF - Bengals vs. Packers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Painkillers are critical I admit, I just wish weight gain wasn't one of the side effects of mine.
The importance of a decent multi-vitamin for old guys like you and me and Lord Favre can't be overstated. Cravings come from nutitional deficiency, the all-natural glaucoma treatment only magnifies existing deficiencies. If you're on a powerful, well-sourced multi like Beverly International's Super Pack or NOW's Adam Superior Man you're all set, if you're on a Walmart or Rite Aid special like the "One A Day" series, you actually have to double it up and add extra Vitamin E & B12, Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium (a good multi-mineral will take care of the last three). On top of that, develop a love for at least one healthy snack, for me it's Walmart's brand of Roasted Salted Almonds. Damn tasty and good protein plus very healthy Essential Fatty Acids. Good luck gettin' fat on Almonds, the EFA's actually help you shed body fat.
363839 said:
For the most part I agree but I think Carson Palmer is not one of the bad ones and he is the real deal QB.
As you can see the Bengels are real tough at home.
Pats have them on the schedule this year at Cinci.
That game I fear more than the Colts or Broncos.
Couldn't agree more... Palmer seems like a good guy, and the real deal like you said... too bad that Marvin has surrounded him with so many criminals. But like you, playing Carson in Cinci worries me more than the Dolts or Clots.

I've been really interested in watching Carson play tonight... I can only hope that Rodney can come back from his knee injury the way that Carson and Culpepper seem to have so far.

Re: OMG! Brett Favre

R_T26 said:
the fumble looked like a blooper reel, he tried to throw it then didnt know where it was.

Hey, I've done that! But nobody ever compared me to Favre (maybe because he a toddler when I was playing).

This game is an example of why the NFL is an amazing product. People actually care how teams from Green Bay and Kentucky are doing.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Am I the only one that constantly wants to punch Suzy Kobler in the head? (and I'm totally a non-violent guy)

personally...I jusht wanna kish her...I...I jush wanna kisshhhh her...

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Am I the only one that is kinda weirded out that Carson Palmer knows the name of the deceased woman who's achilies tendon replaced the blown tendon in his knee?

I have the cartilage of a deceased individual in my right knee--they wouldn't tell me who it was when I asked...must be another privilege of wealth and fame...

Only two things that matter have come from watching this game:

1) Carson Palmer is healthy and ready to lead the Bengals again.

2) The Packers are going to totally choke it again this year. Why don't we just say it, Favre is only playing to pad his stats, and is actually hurting his team's ability to rebuild and move forward. They should be developing their young future QB right now. If Favre really cared about his team, he would agree to be traded, and it would help in so many ways:
1-The packers would get compensation for him.
2-The packers could move on and start playing their 1st round pick at QB.
3-Favre could be revitalized by playing in games that mean something for a team with talent.

Since he doesn't do any of this, it has to be because of the Brett Favre 'IS' Green Bay mentality, and everyone loses. Glad the Pats weren't like this with Bledsoe. :)

I've been really interested in watching Carson play tonight... I can only hope that Rodney can come back from his knee injury the way that Carson and Culpepper seem to have so far.[/QUOTE]

Good point about Rodney, Tshirt.
Though cincy is looking scary, I'm encouraged for Rodney to heal as well as Palmer.

Does Chad Johnson ever love himself or what!

Teams being pulled from the field because of threatening weather. Bummer, I was watching for GB to come back from that 41-10 defecit. ;)

When do they ever call a football game because of rain?

SamBam39 said:
Only two things that matter have come from watching this game:
You must have missed the third thing... While I generally like Tony Kornheiser, if he said for at least the fourth time in the game tonight that the entire country was rooting for Lord Favre to play well, and how every football fan was pulling for him to have a good game, and engineer a comeback from last seasons embarrassment... I was gonna puke. Thank gawd for the weather delay.
363839 said:
When close-proximity lightning is involved.

I don't know about you guys... but Carson Palmer looked GOOD.. looks like Cincy won't be just another road game, by the time he plays us he would have 4 games to get used to game speed again and everything.

363839 said:
Lightening

edgecy said:
I don't know about you guys... but Carson Palmer looked GOOD.. looks like Cincy won't be just another road game, by the time he plays us he would have 4 games to get used to game speed again and everything.

Yeah I totally spoke too soon, he looks good. I'm just hoping ten years from now we don't hear how stupid we all were for thinking people could come back from injuries like this in half the time naturally...

363839 said:
For the most part I agree but I think Carson Palmer is not one of the bad ones and he is the real deal QB.
As you can see the Bengels are real tough at home.
Pats have them on the schedule this year at Cinci.
That game I fear more than the Colts or Broncos.

ditto, they're better than Colts.

Best O in league this year, hands down. Not based on preseason domination of green bay...you can just tell.

we'll have to put up some points...and should move the ball effectively against them.

I just circled this too...no revenge factor here so it's not as big as Indy/Den, but a better measuring stick nonetheless.

it won't be the last time we see them this season.

NO FEAR! Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back