Welcome to PatsFans.com

MMA/Boxing thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Wildo7, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

does anyone have any interest? I'm a MMA maniac along with a Pats nut (obviously) and would love to have a place to talk MMA with Pats fans..
  2. Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love MMA and boxing, although I haven't followed much of either in quite a while. I should probably start following them both again, although boxing is in such a mess right now I wouldn't even know where to start.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

well MMA is on the rise, except for the fact that Dana White couldn't get Fedor in the UFC. But Boxing has Hatton and Mayweather coming up, which should be unreal.
  4. MrClutch

MrClutch Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Huge boxing fan here, but not such a MMA fan.
  5. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've been watching UFC since the early 90's, when it first got started. Before Dana bought it, and there wasn't many rules. I don't follow it as closely as I used to, but would still consider myself a big fan. I still watch Boxing but don't follow it much any more. I'm more into MMA than anything else.
  6. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

More of a boxing man myself although I do watch the UFC sometimes.

Hatton and Pretty Girl should be good, really looking forward to that one. Mayweathers got a big mouth and I bet even some Americans are hoping his ribs get to know just how powerful Hatton really is. Mayweathers even doing that dancing program isnt he whilst training? Can't say I'd be dissapionted to see Floyds over confidence come back to haunt him.
  7. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

Love UFC! I am not a big boxing fan anymore, as it seems not very...how do i put it, on the up and up. I have to admit, i do not follow boxing anymore so i am not sure if it has changed any. I quit watching boxing when Mike Tyson became crazy in the head and started biting peoples ears off.

I love the UFC and think Dana White has done a great job with it.
  8. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love MMA. I love it enought to be a frequent PPV purchaser. The undercard for Hostile Territory was mediocre for the most part. However, watching Anderson Silva destroy Rich Franklin again was worth the cost. I am fascinated by Muy Thai and Silva is a master.

I miss Pride though. I thought the competition was good for MMA. And I LOVED Fedor. Too bad he made the decision to sign, as I understand it, with some unknown league in Russia. Maybe he has changed his mind.

Any thoughts on who will be Wanderlei Silva's first opponenet in the UFC?
  9. Patti37

Patti37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was a boxing fan many many years ago. I think I lost interest when Marvin Hagler retired. HBO shows some interesting matches but it just doesn't have the excitement of MMA although I do enjoy watching Manny Pacq (sorry cannot remember how to spell his last name) The boxer from the Phillipines.

Kudos to the UFC and Dana White for raising the exposure of MMA.
  10. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did any of you guys see the Contender finale? It was a really good fight. Slugfest. Both fighters hit the mat in the first round. Awesome. To make it even more interesting you can see Seymour and Harrison sitting in the crowd.