Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mitt Romney to Quadruple the size of his La Jolla Home..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 21, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

The old joke is that if you can't seen the house from the road, it has to belong to a Republican is coming true. He is expanding the size of his La Jolla Home(original cost $12.5 million), he likes to hear the water. Guess his homes on Winnepasaukee (10 Million) also believe there is a ski lodge in her somewhere are not sufficient.

He likes to hear the waves.. nice to be part of the investor class, a trust fund baby.. guess he profited from the Class War that Bush started when he only reduced the taxes for the rich.

"Corporations are people"!!! The Battle Cry of Mitt.

Romney to quadruple La Jolla home size | SignOnSanDiego.com

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Must be a liberal saying? :confused2:

An honest American realizes that members of both parties live fat off the unwashed masses. As for Romney, I've never been impressed and it has far less to do with the size of his house.

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

I don't care for Mitt and hopes he doesn't get the nomination seems he is engaging in private sector stimulus that provided employment to working people without using our tax dollars.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

F-ck Mitt Romney we need a fighten kick em in the groin neo con tea bagger who takes sh!t from no one
    (one like the democrats use)

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

OT: in La Jolla, wanna bet some are illegal?

----------

regardless, darryl, who cares?

(and if it makes you feel any better, when he's there, he's just as stuck by the traffic as everybody else trying to get in and out...

... well, unless he takes a copter or yacht... :) )

6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

A link for your proof of that allegation? After all yo uwant froof for every statement :D

I await your link.

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

That's kinda lazy, isn't it, 13?

For one thing, he didn't make an allegation, he made a bet. Usually a bet implies that each side has at least a fighting chance of being correct.

For another, I've been told by good authority that if you want froof you should google it yourself.

8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

Absolutely lazy, just seeing if some want to live up to what they demand of others.

I won't even PM anyone whining about being called lazy see how that works?

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

The mantra of the right has been that Obama et al are out of touch with the american people.. and even though Mitt rolls up his shirtsleeves and takes off his tie, he has no connection to any of us.. these are people who live in parallel universes and believe that they somehow can give us a message that we can relate to.

10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

Which "allegation"?

That he could take a copter or yacht? No, no proof. I don't know if there are noise restrictions in La Jolla or whether he has a helicopter pad or mooring for a yacht befitting a man of his obvious quality.

That he'd be stuck in traffic? Well, that's just common sense, but no proof.

That darryl shouldn't care? That's a question / opinion, not an allegation.

That some workers might be illegal? That was an offer of a bet, not a claim of fact. I'd say the odds favor it. After all, you're well aware of the 3 of illegals around, right? especially in SoCal? and they'll be doing construction and landscaping there, certainly through multiple contractors and subcontractors....

But I guessed you missed the tone of the post, which was almost entirely tongue-in-cheek.

11. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

Like yourself, when you repeatedly fail to offer support for your claims?

Don't be so hard on yourself, 13. just stop posting nonsense.

But if I ever "demand" proof of a statement of yours that is tongue-in-cheek, you just let me know. Unlike you, I will gladly own up to my error.

Well, why would you? After all, you can't really do so after calling her lazy yourself, and nothing comes from pointing out rules violations anyway.

12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +297 / 3 / -4

ok, on that I can agree.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +624 / 13 / -6

#24 Jersey

Oh, I'm aware of "how it works," 13.

I'm also aware that the reason it works the way it does is because you seem to not only totally ignoring Ian's specific requests but you publicly mock someone when they actually try to play by the rules.

Or have you forgotten this?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...12/758886-attention-some-rules-reminders.html

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Why the need to hijack every thread that critiques the right??.. try to stay on topic, and if you feel that something is foolish say so.. do not try to change the subject.

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

Back to the topic at hand, this is a guy who wears the veil of being unemployed and looking for a job, all the while he and all of his kin never have to work a day in their lives.

Glad that he is able to connect to the everyday concerns of the American People.. should we have 5 or 6 bathrooms??, italian tile or marble?? Bidet to cleanse our arses in every bathroom or just some??..

If you are lucky enough to live by the ocean, you are lucky enough.

16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He constantly blurts out the most offensive crap to his own voters. Unemployed? Does he think all Republicans are employed and none of them are facing foreclosure? Sometimes I wonder how these fools have attained such incredible levels of disconnection! How do people keep electing these frauds?

His record of detachment goes all the way back to college when he was involved in counter-protests ast Stanford vs. the anti-draft protesters there. Turns out he was granted draft deferments for missionary work in France and then a student deferment. Naturally,he never got drafted and, of course, never enlisted.

And supporters of this clown and others like him on both ends of American politics, keep saying we need someone with "business experience" to repair the economy of this country. Someone who knows how to balance a budget. Lemme tell ya: This guy has no clue whatsoever how hard it is to really do a balancing act with any tight budget. Romney and others like him have had everything handed to them, and on top of that, they never have enough. That's fine if you're producing something for society- but not this guy. He has bought companies, stripped them to bare bones and sold them off at a huge profit while destroying jobs and lives along the way. I see no value in anything this punk has done. If it wasn't for his daddy and his business genes, he'd be picking dumpsters outside of a shelter in Lansing.

17. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Is Bain Capital a trust fund?

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +527 / 14 / -28

To assess Romney, look beyond the bottom line - Los Angeles Times

Guess having a daddy who was CEO of American Motors did not hurt either.. he is so out of touch with the 'Merican people.. Capitolism and having rich daddy worked well for Mitt.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 7 / -2

Romney did balance a budget here in the great state of Massachusetts when we were a couple billion in the red. I'm no Romney fan as most in here know. I don't like his finger in the wind style, nor his healthcare bill. However, he's got a pretty impressive resume from a business and administrative stand point. Sure he's a silver spoon, private jet flying, mansion living elitist in a fairly empty suit, but his resume is arguably one of the better one's in the entire class of presidential candidates. He was probably the person for the job in that sorry presidential class of 2008, and arguably may still be now. I still wouldn't vote for him.

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 7 / -2

I think some people on this website need to understand that this is the internet, and that posting here isn't a right. This isn't real life people. It's a public place where thousands of deadbeats like myself come to visit. If some deadbeat types something you don't like, ignore them. I understand that there are going to be some extreme issues where some awful stuff might be said, and in those situations I can understand some policing, but for the most part, bothering Ian with PM's over internet posting is something I find truly ******* stupid. No offense to anyone. I just think Ian has more to worry about than some basement living reject like me, getting upset over another basement living reject calling me a pasta loving greaseball. :D