Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

according to Harry Reid's source who he claims is a Bain investor. The source is unnamed, and also Reid is more than slightly biased, but.....
    Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

At some point Mitt has to clear the air....If this is true..its over for him...If he has nothing to hide, this could really save his campaign.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Whether it's true or not, Reid has really thrown out a load there. He better know what he's talking about or he's done. He might be done anyways, and that would explain his scorched-earth tactic here. What a bomb! Either way.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

truly bold....

I agree with the article in the fact that its saying there is no downside to Reid saying this. His comment about the cabinet position is the one that stood out to me, saying that he couldn't make it through the confirmation process to be on the cabinet with the way he is treating his finances.

either way, I think we need to think twice about unnames sources.

The response from the Romney camp is not helping me buy their side either....

Then to get offended by bringing Romney's daddy into it when he was the pioneer of financial disclosure makes them seem....like there is something there

enough is enough...release the records Mitt, or get out of the kitchen
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't like any of what's going on in this campaign, and this is just another turd in the toilet for me. Our system is embarrassingly inept and sometimes I secretly hope it comes crashing down someday so we can get a re-do. Politicians are so ...putrid. Reid and Romney are equally vile people, IMO.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

If true, all the McCain vetters would also have lied as well saying there was nothing unusual in the tax returns.

then again, they did pick Palin over MItt for a reason. Lets not forget that Palin was also under investigation for 'trooper-gate' at the time of her nomination. They decided on an unkown 1/2 term Alaskan governor under investigation instead of a former 2 term governor and savior of the winter olympics.....

Somethin aint right.....
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +313 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I doubt it is all that unusual for a very rich person to pay nothing in taxes.

They'd rather pay people the same amount of money to figure out loopholes, deductions and tax shelters than pay it into some sort of actual tax.
  7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

I heard from a source close to Reid that he is a child molestor, I know I am biased but as some point Reid has to clear the air.

Also Does H Reid still beat his wife?

All this is especially funny given the number of people in his administration who were in arrears with their taxes.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  8. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

It seems likely that they are sacrificing Reid (because he is done anyway) to force Mitt to release his tax records. If he releases them they hope to find something damaging, and if he does not they can keep saying he paid no taxes and his not releasing the records are proof.

Obama's campaign is getting lower and lower. I don't think Mitt would make a good President, we know Obama has failed.
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm sure this response is similar to the one the Romney camp will say. Seriously.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The fact that people who pay 30+% of their income in taxes support a candidate who admits to paying 13% is astonishing.

way to stick it to yourselves!
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Harry Likes This.

Please you people with college children please don't let them become politicians, everybody will hate them, they will transform into perverts, thieves, liars, rat bastards, they will constantly be grinning even when a close relative dies, politicians are sh!t, we have one of them in the white house right now and if they don't put him back in they will just put another one in, mother of god what the f-ck are we going to do.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

They are not 'sticking it to themselves', it is Obama who is promising to eviscerate them by raising their taxes. If they vote for Obama they are screwing themselves.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

ummm....who gives you your info?

1st - your taxes have never been lower
    2nd - the senate and house democrats support KEEPING taxes low for people making under 250k
    3rd - Romeny paid 13%, thats more than half of what 98% of americans paid.

anyone who paid 30+%, and wants to vote for a millionaire who paid 13% is screwing themselves.

if thats you....thats you.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

I don't care what Romney paid, as long as he obeyed the law that is fine.

I only care what I pay out of the money I earn. I don't spend my life worrying about what tax cuts Trump gets.

I support a Flat tax.

Obama has announced that he is going to stick it to small business with tax increases (ie the Bush tax cuts).

I would guess hat at this point most of Romney's income is Cap gains the rate is 15%, and that money was taxed when it was initially earned before it was invested.

Keep being a sheep for the class warfare nonsense if you like. I don't want to be a sucker being manipulated by the people who put the tax loop holes in place in the first place.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

So, IF he paid zero in taxes for 10 years, thats cool with you?

point made.

keep voting for your worst interests

If I see you complaining about the deficit, I'll refer you back to here, where people making a zillion-x more than you don't pay the same percentage as you, and remind you that you "Don't Care"
  16. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You really don't even know how rediculous that statement is, do you?
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really, liberals? Really? This is what you're reduced to? Taking what is essentially 4th hand information as fact? And it should be pointed out the originating "hand" is completely anonymous and one of the subsequent "hands" is a political enemy.

Just out of curiousity, how did this Bain Capital "source" get a look at Romney's returns in the first place? Did Romney pass them around the office for all to see or something like that? Because that's what men in positions of authority do, right? Share their personal tax returns with others, huh?
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Speak only for yourself, please. Long term capital gains should be taxed at a much lower rate than ordinary income in order to encourage investment. Since that is how Romney made his money, more power to him.
  19. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that's how I've always viewed 13. .... A con administration spokesman.
  20. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Profound fail. And you don't even understand why.