Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mitt does it again

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As a Massachusetts resident I saw Mitt in action from his failed Senate bid in the '90's to becoming Governor in the early '00's. I then witnessed his failed Presidential bid in 2008.

Every politician in the history of politics has made a statement or two and then reversed that statement but Mitt is leap years ahead of everyone in that department.

More here: Mitt Romney Embraces Climate Denial: 'We Don't Know What's Causing Climate Change'

No wonder GOP voters have no faith in the guy. No one knows here he stands on any issue.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

I can't Resist This.
    "I did not have sex with that women, Monica Lewinsky"

Those words written into the history books will have students laughing 500 years from now.

Politicians are a breed unto their own, SCUM.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well done, but that is different. Clinton was flat out lying while Mitt changes his positions because????? I have no idea why he flip-flops on everything. Doesn't make any sense.
  4. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 2 / -1

I have no problem with a politician changing his mind, as long as he can explain the new facts, or way of thinking, that led them to their new position.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 4 / -2

I think when it comes to this issue, everyone is always changing there mind. One day it's global warming, then another it's climate change, then it's man made global warming, etc.

I think there are lots of different positions with the above. Some believe the planet is warming due to man, some feel it's warming but aren't sure if it's with the help of man, others feel it's warming as part of it's natural cycle, while others don't think it's warming at all. For some, their position is one of conviction. For others, it's a matter of need or convenience. My guess is Mitt's depends on who he's talking to at the time.

BTW, Mitt is the only GOP candidate I can see winning nationally, and I can see him winning.
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Romney is to wishy washy for me he always seems to be slobbering and sucking up.
    I could never understand how he got elected in Liberal Massachusetts.
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't either but the thing is Mitt never explains why he changes his mind every 5 seconds.

If he somehow becomes President he will probably be decent as he is a moderate on a lot of issues and obviously doesn't like annoying anyone