Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mission accomplished, what did they say and where are they now.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, May 3, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Paul wolfowitz.......Wolfowitz said the u.s. would be greeted as liberators, that iraqioil money will pay for the reconstruction, and that Gen. eric shinsekis estimate that several hundred thousand troops would be needed was '' wildly off the mark''.......Where is he now... Bush promoted wolfowitz to head the world bank in march 2005.... Key staement, We are dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction and relatively soon..............................Douglas feith.......Role in going to war.. As undersecretary of defense for policy, Feith spearheaded two secretive groups at the pentagon- the counter terrorism evaluation group and the office of special plans- thta were instrumental in drawing up documents that explained the supposed ties between saddam and al Qaeda.... The groups were '' created in order to find evidence of what wolfowitz and his boss, defence secretary donald rumsfeld, believed to be true.'' Colin powell referred to feith's operation as the gestapo... In bob woodwards plan of attack, former centcoms commander Gen. tommy franks called feith the f***ing studipest guy on the face of the earth...... Where is he now....Feith voluntarily resigned from the defense dept. shortly after bush's reelection.. He is co-chairman of a project at harvard university's john f kennedy school of goverment. And is under investigation by the pentagon and the senate intelligence committe for intelligence failures..............................................Steven hadley ..role in going to war.... As then-deputy national security advisor, hadley disregarded memos from the cia and a personal phone call from director george tenet warning that references to iraq's pursuit of uranium be dropped from bush's speeches...The false information ended up in bush's 2003 state of the union address........Wher is he now.... On january 26 o5, he was promoted to national security advisor.......................................................................Richard perle......role in going to war..........Was the chairman of defense policy board during the run_up to the iraq war.. He suggested iraq had a hand in 9-11.. He resigned from the board, shortly after the war began, because of his relationships with buisnesses that stood to profit from the war...... ................Its really a fascinating read I suggest you check it out, theres a whole slew of characters, involved in the run-up to the war in iraq, and where they are now........ At think progress the architects of war: where are they now.......
  2. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That is really hard to read. A sentence and paragraph structure would be alot better.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

I read it, and got the message. Do you really need an explanation or would you like more detail?
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Excuse my typing ability, I did post the address for the site.......... And I am not one to harp on the iraq war.... Just found it astonishing and amazing that those errors were cause for promotion.... Accountability does'nt exist...
  5. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is this the thread where one side digs up old quotes about the other side and then the other side retaliates by digging up old quotes about the opposing side and then general chaos and namecalling dominate the rest of the thread?
  6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh I am sure if you looked up the johnson administration, there would be a lot of similarities.....Its just a look at how things remain the same, now lets turn to more important matters such as susan sarandon.... Its a viscious circle
  7. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah for you! I didn't mention anything about the message, so I'd appreciate you not making assumptions.
    My point is that bold messages are better received and respected when clearly articulated. My bad for trying to get that across.
  8. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

So, in other words, I'm wrong to criticize you for your articulation of his thread? The content of the thread was an accurate portrayal of the Bush Administration. And he didn't even get into the indicted or the felons. You chose to quibble over his sentence structure rather then access what was written. I guess I was making an assumption. I assumed you didn't want to defend what he wrote. My bad.
  9. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't have any input or take on what he wrote. I am fully capable of comprehending what he wrote. I was just pointing out that it was difficult to read because of how it was written.
    I took issue with the same old , same old assumption making. That's why so little intelligent conversation happens in here.
    Posting in here has become a waste of time.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're right on the level of conversation, here. Sometimes it's pretty insipid, myself included.

The thing that really makes me squirm about the forst post is the lack of accountabolity in our society in general and I go through life feeling like I don't belong here. When such a lack of morality exists from the bottom to the very top, I wonder what the point is. If you ever saw "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (original version only), you would know what I mean. Politicains of all stripes have been able to lie, cheat and kill without anyone doing anything other than picking one team and spewing their talking points, defending their team no matter what, rather than evolving as a society.

These quotes demonstrate the sickening contrast between those of us who live the right way (most of the time) and feel shame when they don't.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Well said, sometimes I think I am living in a parallel universe and just observing what is going on in this world as a casual outsider...It very unfortunate that there is such an abyss of quality leadership to get us to a different place at this time...everything is situational, pandering abounds and there is little respect for the constitution. They think we are all a bunch of dumb fuggs who all live in east bumfugg Arkansas...
  12. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope that a leader will emerge to get us out of the many bad situations that we are in.
    One of the big problems that this person will face is the no-holds barred free for all in the press that was started during President Clinton's administration has set a very poor standard am I am sure that the next person is going to be subject to the same crap.
    Wouldn't the country be a better place if we got rid of the "party-supporting" media and the lackey politicians that inhabit D.C.? We could start over with a clean slate.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I would go one step further.
    Ban television, Pats games and Frontline.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Holy crap, I just realized I forgot to say, "Ban television, except for Pats games and Frontline"
  15. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just figured it was a moment of rage or you where drunk....:D
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

While I've had both happen this month, neither was the case...just f-d up. But I've got sox tickets tomorrow so I might have both in one night!:eek:
    Last edited: May 5, 2006
  17. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dinardo v. Benson. Good stuff, I can't wait to take my kids to Fenway one of these years.
    I actually had a Red Sox moment of rage today. I was volunteering at the local Volksmarch, working the Marathon, and of course I have my BoSox visor on. This dude walks up to me and goes "I'd be embarassed to wear that hat." My white hot rage switch flips and I'm like "Why is that?" and he's like they lost to Tampa the other day. So then my switch flips back off because I realize he's just a dumbass and I'm like, "Yeah, well I'm a real fan", then walk away. My initial feeling was that he was going to say "I'm a Yankees fan, blah blah blah," and I would have been forced to kill him on the spot. :D

Anyway, Go Sox, F' the Yankees. Have fun at the game, be sure to heckle Kentucky Fried Kevin, and Benson about his wife.:eek:
  18. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I still would have gone "Chuck Norris" on him. Back when the Sox and Pats both sucked, I was VERY proud to wear their gear. Was then, am now.