PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missing WMG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie Ray's still got a couple years

Bella*chick said:
Wow, I had no idea things were unravelling that badly in Cleveland (not that they were ever truly ravelled to begin with, though). I can't help but feel a bit bad for Willie, although I know I shouldn't since he has made his choice and cashed in.

RAC's obviously got problems out there. i can't help thinking that kraft would have K2 in for a little chat. Browns ownership has s____d for years. i get more convinced every year. bad ownership, bad team. doesn't matter who's the coach.
i remember reading a SI piece 2-3 years ago in which, during an interview with K1 and K2 together, K1 kept telling K2 to shut his mouth. i guess it's kinda late for that.
Willie woulda had 2 more good years if he'd stayed here. why RAC has him sitting is a mystery to me. he's got a couple southern calif businesses doing well. with him in there, opponents were never sure what they were seeing, 4-3 or 3-4. not to mention BB's unforgettable 2-5 and 0-7 formations.

Browns | McGinest speaks out
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:03:55 -0700

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns LB Willie McGinest lashed out at critics who believe McGinest really does not want to play in Cleveland. "If I didn't want to be here, I wouldn't be here," McGinest said. "I wouldn't have signed here. Second of all, I'm not a quitter - I don't care what our record is. Anybody who knows me knows that I hate not playing, and regardless of the situation, I want to be out there. If we're getting beat by 50 points, I'm going to be out there on the last play."

Sometimes the money is greener but the grass really isn't. Like Tommy says his friends who leave don't seem to be any happier in hindsight.

Willie was appreciated here, but while his leadership was acknowledged it was seldom touted. I think the Willie who loves to go on Best Damn wanted to feel the love, and on a team full of core leaders he didn't think he was getting his due. Romeo hired him to lead by example. Perhaps he actually is. His team is floundering and Willie is caught up in railing at his personal critics. Bet when (if) he glares at KII in that locker room the punk probably assumes the old guy has gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes