PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missing Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On the eve of the 2006 matchup with the Colts, I can't help but reflect on how much I miss having ole no. 55 around.

BDD_jack-pat-mcginest.jpg

This is not a thread intended to spark a debate about the salary cap or whether we'd be better or worse if we resigned him. This purpose of this thread is to simply say "I miss Willie".

kurtinelson said:
This purpose of this thread is to simply say "I miss Willie".

Anyone else miss him?

i miss willie.

ok this can be deleted now.

From the title of this thread, I was feeling for the loss suffered by kurtinelson. Fortunately for him, he was referring to #55.

kurtinelson said:
Anyone else miss him?
No. He did his thing. He moved on. I moved on.

Keegs said:
i miss willie.

ok this can be deleted now.

Sure Willie will never have the legacy of LeKevin Smith, but you have to admit he was a pretty big part of the Dynasty.

kurtinelson said:
Sure Willie will never have the legacy of LeKevin Smith, but you have to admit he was a pretty big part of the Dynasty.

No offense, but is it November 4th or April 4th?

pats1 said:
No offense, but is it November 4th or April 4th?
ummm it's November 4th....

Jeez...
those months are pretty far apart, i'm not sure where your confusion stems from.

You guys are brutal......

I think we all miss the Willie of old, nobody set the edge better than Willie Mac and he sure did have a knack for coming up big at the right time - but that's just it, he got old, real fast. Look at all the games missed this year due to injury.

He blew it though - he never should have left, I cannot believe he is possibly enjoying that horrible team and city known as Cleveland. What a mistake for Willie.

I gotta say though, I think Seau is contributing far more than Willie would have this year for this team

ole #55 for the Patriots is Junior Seau.

Willie got his $7 mil and is alive and happy in Cleveland.

I missed while Chidi Awuoma was in doing his job, but he looked good on his return to Special Teams. :)

He was always good for a sack a game against Manning, and of course the 4th and 1 stop in Indy.

I assume it wasn't a coincidence then that this thread emerged on the eve of the Indy game.

PATSNUTme said:
Willie got his $7 mil and is alive and happy in Cleveland.
Well, alive anyway...
Truth be told I don't think the Pats ever made Willie an offer, I'm glad someone was willing to pay him mucho $ so he can live in style the rest of his life, he earned that with what he did for this team while he was here

I will always remember the 4 and 1 sack as well, this goes along with all of the theatrics that he exhibited on the previous plays.

I miss Willie-I think he misses us too.

JoePats said:
I assume it wasn't a coincidence then that this thread emerged on the eve of the Indy game.

You assumed correctly. I wish I could hear some media sound bites from Willie leading into this game. I miss his personality and his leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes