PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missed you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruschiOnTap

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
...this week, I was hospitalized with an infection in my descending colon (AFTER giving up red meat for nearly a year...) I don't post much on the football board but I missed reading all of your analysis and buildup to the season. Now I'm not going to be able to gorge myself on wings and beer on opening sunday either, or watch the Patriots because I'll be stuck at home with the local broadcasts :(

So, if 12 of you eat one extra wing and drink one extra beer for me this week (like nobody was gonna do that anyway), it would be like I had a dozen wings and a whole case to myself :-D

BruschiOnTap said:
...this week, I was hospitalized with an infection in my descending colon (AFTER giving up red meat for nearly a year...) I don't post much on the football board but I missed reading all of your analysis and buildup to the season. Now I'm not going to be able to gorge myself on wings and beer on opening sunday either, or watch the Patriots because I'll be stuck at home with the local broadcasts :(

So, if 12 of you eat one extra wing and drink one extra beer for me this week (like nobody was gonna do that anyway), it would be like I had a dozen wings and a whole case to myself :-D

ill volunteer to drink all 12 extra beers, just for you.

BruschiOnTap said:

I can do an extra beer with pleasure.............

(Hope you have your maladies under control. Best wishes on a continued recovery.)

B.OT. - - we missed you too. Although we did have some issues with other kinds of BOT's this week........aaaaawww, nevermind.

BruschiOnTap said:

I don't drink, but since you shared intimate details about your colon, I'll make sure and have lots of chicken wings in your honor.

Last edited:
Chicken and Beer..Doesnt get much better then that! Godspeed to a fast and successful recovery!

BruschiOnTap said:
...this week, I was hospitalized with an infection in my descending colon (AFTER giving up red meat for nearly a year...)

See what happens when you try to deny your carnivorous side?

Count on an ice-cold Sam Adams to be tipped in your honor this weekend.

Re: Intimate colon details

Thanks for not sharing any intimate jokes about my colon! I've gotten enough of those from my buddies...

And thanks for the love :) Hope my recovery is as speedy as Tedy's! Can't believe he's running around again

Welcome back, get well soon. Go Pats.

Oh my, sending good healing vibes your way!

I had a hole in small intestine back in Janaury, and had to have emergency surgery. The only highlite of that was I was on a morphine pump during the PATS loss to the Broncos.

Take it easy and don't over do things! Hope you are feeling back to normal soon!

Wow B.O.T., that sounds pretty brutal. I hope you're feeling a lot better, and we're glad to have you back here among the living. :)

Last edited:
Welcome home BOT, will be glad to tip one for ya!

BruschiOnTap said:

no - actually, if 12 of us have one extra beer, that would
only be a HALF of a case.
Therefore we'll have to drink 2 extra beers!

And 12 wings isn't gorging. eating about 20 of them is gorging!

just bustin'

hope you recover well.
at least the season is finally here!!!

Nikki said:
Oh my, sending good healing vibes your way!

I had a hole in small intestine back in Janaury, and had to have emergency surgery. The only highlite of that was I was on a morphine pump during the PATS loss to the Broncos.

Take it easy and don't over do things! Hope you are feeling back to normal soon!

aww.Yay for morphone during sad times!!!!..

Welcome back man! Not only will I indulge in an adult beverage in your name, I'll follow it up the next day with a hearty probiotic shake (whey protein, milk or water, plain yogurt and Primal Defense). Bifidobacterium lactis Lactobacillus acidophilus.... it does a colon good. :D

Welcome back. I hope that you are feeling better and are recovered.

And thanks for not posting any pictures. It's been years, but I still can't get Katy Couric's colon out of my mind whenever someone brings up the subject.

PATSNUTme said:
And thanks for not posting any pictures. It's been years, but I still can't get Katy Couric's colon out of my mind whenever someone brings up the subject.

Look what you just did...............eewwww!

Welcome back. Get well.

Re: Intimate colon details

BruschiOnTap said:
Thanks for not sharing any intimate jokes about my colon! I've gotten enough of those from my buddies...

And thanks for the love :) Hope my recovery is as speedy as Tedy's! Can't believe he's running around again

Comments from patients made while undergoing colonoscopies or rectal exams...

1. "Take it easy, Doc, you're boldly going where no man has gone before."

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Oh boy, that was sphincterrific!"

5. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

6. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

7. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

8. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out. You do the Hokey Pokey..."

9. "Hey! Now I know how a puppet feels!"

10."If your hand doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

11. "Hey, Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

12. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

13. "Could you write me a note for my wife, saying that my head is not, in fact, up there?"

Sorry, I'm a jerk at heart. But I will eat some wings tonight in YOUR honor to make up for it.

BruschiOnTap said:

Having recently had the doc take a parallel tract, you have my deepest wishes for a full and speedy recovery, in mind and body! Any chance you were at a teaching hospital and got to ogle the new crop of lady doctors? I should have done this hospital stuff at a much younger age, though that may not have delivered the same visual results back then. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes