PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missed Game; How did J. Sullivan play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Is BB gradually working him into shape? I'm hoping some old fashioned discipline turns this guy into a diamond in the rough. Any improvement at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
He played better then last week. I saw him penetrate nicely on a couple of plays and had one backside pursuit for a tackle. Other then that the run defense was good overall and they were great as a unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
He made a decent leap from game 1 to game 2. Not saying much because he looked terrible in game 1. He's using his hands better. Someone (Pepper?) is working with him.

I did not review the AZ game for Sullivan in detail, but my impression was that he was doing fairly well. i saw him make a tackle or two. Certainly much better than the Falcons game, where he was frequently getting chop-blocked, without ever getting a flag.

The rush defense was very good against AZ (last year #32) versus against Atlanta (last year #1).

So you choose how much is just due to who you played.

In fairness, there was no game- planning against QB scrambling. Atlanta's rushing stats last year were inflated by their QB rushing stats, and the Pats did give up 65 yards to the Falcon QB runs. But they also gave up 29 yards to Leinhart runs, too.

Sully can do it, if they can ever build a little fire under him. I think he is not overweight any more; he looks like he is comparatively svelte and NOT a tub of goo. Conditioning may be another issue though. Maybe Pepper can motivate him or the looming end of his money gravy train might...

i gave him 50% possibilities to make the team in another thread a coupl of days ago; if i have to be honest i really would be happy if he will be able to resurrect his career with us

something interesting to see...

I thought he was getting driven back on virtually every play. I had hoped he would show something this offseason but I don't think it's there. I haven't been impressed with him from the games I've seen and from what I've read, he hasn't had a great camp either. I would be surprised if he made the team at this point. If LeKevin Smith is healthy, I think he gets a roster spot over Sullivan, with Mike Wright being able to play the nose as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back