Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mish now officially a part of Senate Investigation Committee

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Apr 14, 2010.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yes, the man whose integrity a couple here like to question. His research is now offially part of the investigation by the US Senate on Wall Street and Lehman Bros. But keep making jokes about the guy even though he's part of something you all prolly support.

Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Mish Makes Senate Hearing Docs Exhibit #51 on the Financial Crisis

"I am now part of the official record of the US Senate Permanent Subcommittee On Investigation Exhibits of the Wall Street and Financial Crisis, the Role of High Risk Home Loans published April 13, 2010.

I am also pleased to report I am an official part of volume 3 the Lehman Brothers Examination Report on Why Lehman Failed starting on page 822 (PDF page 106 of 336 of volume 3)"

2. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I don't expect anyone to eat crowe and comment on this, but I KNOW you've peaked at this thread. I can tell by the number of "views".

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

It ain't about eating crow, it is about you using blogs as reliable sources.. Arianna Huffington has testfied before.. so?????

BTW there is no need for a personal attack..

4. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You're right on your last point, so I changed it. Although I named you, it was in no way a personall "Attack". It wasn't like I called you a name Darryl.

I think Mish is extremely reliable and I guess our federal gov't does as well.

5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +766 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO So now all of a sudden you're respecting, nay touting, the federal government as extemely reliable in their choice of sources? When did that start? I thought it was full of wastrels, lazy-bones, liars and pay-check stealers. They never make a wrong choice or take bad advice, right? Anything they do is A-OK with you? Any advice they take, or information they feed us, any commentator they quote is 100% undebatable believable?

Cool.

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

No, actually my friend, YOU'RE the one who finds them reliable, trustworthy, ect., ect. So you must trust them on this judgment:D

I did this for YOUR benefit and for your children's. I'm just that kinda guy, you know?

7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +766 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

No, PR-who-is-not-my-friend, I'm the one who checks and double checks everything, remember? I'm the anal-retentive SOB who actually bothers to find out who's reliable and who's not and reports back on it - and it doesn't matter who it is - or what "side" they're on. Bush was president for a long time - I never trusted a thing he said - and I was not shy about saying so, either. Palin was part of the government - I didn't believe the things she said and I was vocal about that, too. I've been fairly outspoken on John Edwards and Ensign and this latest crackpot, Massey, too. I hate Rachael Madcow as much as I hate Glenn Beck.

You're the one who says none of it matters and the truth doesn't need to be discovered because no one here cares anyhow.

I'm the one you mock, scorn and scold for reserching things and being thorough. Not you - me. You're the one who says it's a waste of time and a pain in your *****.

Or have you forgotten?

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Oh sure my friend (everyone's my friend) you're right on the money keeping up your reputation.

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +766 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Just in case anyone's interested in why Mish is in the federal document - or for those who might be under the mistaken impression that he's being quoted or used as some sort of expert:

Apparently the bulk of the 666 page federal document Mish is so proud of being mentioned in is nothing more than a collection of emails and memo's sent between bankers: All you had to do to be part of the federal document was to have had your name mentioned somewhere along the line by someone involved in the paper trail left by WaMu.

On page 434 there is an email explaining the forwarding of the Mish column - this is what it says
    about the screen shot of Mish's:

Yes, (ughhh!) we are doing some peer group performance and looking at the servicing data with Tim Lynch's help and putting together an analysis. The author "Mish" Mishkin is a part time photographer and self proclaimed investment guru. He's got a blog and therefore a public podium and therefore credibility?

The collateral is full of limited doc layered risk alt a paper and at least half is TPO. The performance is not great my opinion is not a WaMu specific issue.

It goes on to include two more emails which question the screen shots authenticity.

That would be found on pages 433 - right before Mish's column is copied and emailed from one WaMu employee to another - which is how it got into the federal presentation.

The government was not taking Mish's column and using it to prove anything - the document presented by the government merely contains emails which were sent by the people and banks being investigated which mentioned Mish 's "sreen shot" as being something they might possibly need to be concerned about - they weren't even sure it was authentic. It's authenticity is never verified, either.

That's it. Nothing more at all.

In fact, the rest of the document contains, at a quick glance the following "experts."

More copies of emails containing articles from

Wall Street Journal Page 441

Reuters

Kathy and "Big Bucks" Rappers: ( page 510) Exhibit 63c

http://hsgac.senate.gov/public/_files/Financial_Crisis/041310Exhibits.pdf

Exhibit 63B is lyrics to a song by David and the Pallbearers

10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +551 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yap, Yap, Yappin'...Yippy, yap, yap...:singing::singing::singing:

Reminds me of the Bob Dylan lyric..."Just like a...."

11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +766 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Excellent defense. Positively brilliant.

12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 15 / -8

:eek:
    Need I even comment???

Hey by the way did that investigation mention Bob Chapman anywhere?