Minnesota WR Banged Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad :)

Marcus Robinson, who's become the #1 WR, is expected to miss this week. And Troy Williamson is coming off a concussion although he's expected to play. He's also done almost nothing for about a month.

Having Robinson out is a solid loss for them and will enable us to play the run tighter as Williamson/Taylor don't warrant much double teaming.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/764426.html

All i know is that if the Vikings ever cut Travis Taylor the Patriots will be the first to sign him.;)

SeanBruschi54 said:
All i know is that if the Vikings ever cut Travis Taylor the Patriots will be the first to sign him.;)
Yeah, I wonder if there's any other Florida Gator WR out there we could sign . . .

I do think Taylor and Williamson are a very competent pair but Robinson has become the top guy and moving everyone up a spot on the depth chart bodes well for us.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Against the Vikes, we must pass first. If We attempt to force the running game into their strength, which is awesome, we will get stonewalled.

No Huddle, pass first, open up the running game.

I am not totallyworried abaout their passing game but watchout for Bethel Johnson He has a bone to pick against us and he DOES have blazing speed to get behind our safeties.

AHHHHH is this thread about what we should do? Its about their WR being banged up, quit bringing your opinion on the pass first crap into every thread damnit man!

NEM said:
Against the Vikes, we must pass first. If We attempt to force the running game into their strength, which is awesome, we will get stonewalled.

Who cares, this isn't about our offense.

NEM said:
I am not totallyworried abaout their passing game but watchout for Bethel Johnson He has a bone to pick against us and he DOES have blazing speed to get behind our safeties.
If Bethel is ou big concern, we are in good shape I think.

NEM said:

You made this same claim about the Bengals game and denied it, why even bother making predictions if you simply change your argument after the game? I suggest that from now on you simply wait to voice opinions until after the game. That way no matter what happens you can always claim to be right and no one can ever disagree with you because there's no evidence to the contrary! It'd sure save you alot of arguments, and it'd save the rest of us here alot of headaches debating factual data that you deny!

Beyond that: Bethel Johnson having a bone to pick is the absolute LAST thing I'm worried about against the Vikes. He's stunk since his rookie year and playing against the Pats won't change that fact.

NEM has always been a pain in the ass, but the 2006 version is morphing into a homegrown agenda driven troll. Joy. Probably long past time we all just started to ignore him and his threads and his attempted thread hijacks. He just does it for attention, good or bad despite his protestations, and we are just at this point feeding our own troll.

NEM said:
And even though you will never admit it, I was right on target in the Cincy game. The first half was still close...we had the lead but it was anynes game and one mistake by us would have lchanged the course of the game intheir favor.

NEM, your quote was that if we established the run we could turn the game off by halftime and that we had to 'pass them crazy'. I've quoted you directly several times. The outcome of the first half was that we ran more than we passed and were up by over a TD at the half. You were wrong in your prediction.

I think the problem in your comprehension in the 'right and wrong' of the argument is that you can't understand that 'We have to pass first/We have to pass them crazy' is not the same as 'we must have success passing at some point in the game'.

What you predicted as the only line to victory in Cincy did not occure. You've predicted the same line here, that we must pass FIRST and not run in order to win. Yet after the game I'm sure you'll again claim you are right even if we don't have success passing until the 3rd quarter.

There, apparently, is a problem with your comprehension of your own claims.

But, as I expected, the Pats used the forward pass effectively IN THE SECOND HALF TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE GAME... and in so doing, they were able to use the running game inthe fourth quarter to kill the clock.

You claimed that we should pass them crazy in the first half of the Cincy game, not the second. Once again there is that comprehension problem as to what your prediction was and how it differs from what actually transpired.

And you've gone on record with the same claim about the Vikings game in this thread.

Of course, you so frigin blind with hatred for me, you will never see tha facts.

Blind hatred? It's simple logic. If someone claims that we must go pass crazy early in a game that does not equate to the 3rd quarter.

Your Cincy prediction and this Vikings prediction match almost identically. They both called for a pass oriented onslaught early in the game (read: first half). The Cincy game you point to the third quarter as though it proves your point.

But as you can see the third quarter is in the second half of the game. We ran a balanced attack in the first and established the running game on the way to a halftime lead. Your prediction in the Cincy game was that if an establishing of the running game occured that we'd be down so far at the half that we could all stop watching. You sir, were wrong. It's very simple.

If you'd stop putting so much energy into trying to prove you were right as if your life depended on it the entire argument is very obvious and very simple.

It's all in the prior posts in black and white. It's all spelled out very clearly for you here in black and white.

If you want your argument to equal "We must use the forward pass at some opint in the contest in order to win the game" then say THAT. Do not say 'We must pass early and not run early or we will lose." and expect that all of us will accept passing success in the 3rd or 4th quarters as an acceptable escape route for you.

Make your claim match your after the fact argument.

You just wil never admit you are wrong,never have, nevr will. Dont let facts get in your way.

The facts are in plain sight for anyone and everyone to see. Anyone that's bothered to look at them has seen that it is indeed you that ignores facts, not I.

And actually, I admit that I'm wrong quite frequently.

BTW, you just love following me around, dont you. Makes yu fell like a big man, doesnt it? Well, follow me around Foxboro in November, you may learn something.

Are you offering me a free paid vacation? If so, I'll gladly accept, even if it would be with company I'd have to tune out completely.

I read every post on the board, you simply post more than most, so your posts end up in my sights more often. You do have over 16,000 posts afterall, it's a simple numbers game.

MoLewisrocks said:
NEM has always been a pain in the ass, but the 2006 version is morphing into a homegrown agenda driven troll. Joy. Probably long past time we all just started to ignore him and his threads and his attempted thread hijacks. He just does it for attention, good or bad despite his protestations, and we are just at this point feeding our own troll.

sure as heck seems angrier this year...and more explosive and random than years past...

NEM that was the most pitiful response I have ever read. You were wrong, you get called out, you call that poster an idiot a moron and speak in these vague terms about seeing and understanding the game but yet never once in your entire 16000 posts have you explained any of it. The only thing you ever say is "its deeper than that" "common sense" "your blind" "im right your wrong".... blah blah blah

you were proven WRONG again... not right, but WRONG.... stop attacking others who call you out on it.

NEM said:
You really dont watch the games very well and comprehend very much, do you. Winning is all that matters, right, not how we won, or how we could have lost, or how things could have been better, or worse. We win the game so everything is all right with you. There's a hell of a lot more to it than that, tings that effect every upcoming moment in the same game, or games to follow. But, you will never get it.

Attack my comprehension of the game rather than the points I make, another nice deflection. I believe that's called an Ad Hominem argument, correct? My take on football has nothing to do with the post that you're replying to. My post detailed in specific fashion the black and white difference between your claims and what transpired. It has nothing at all to do with me, and everything to do with black and white fact.

You really havent got a clue what I mean , do you? You just dont grasp the truth of it, at all. you are like the guy who half assedly reads a newspaper and never gets beyond the headlines to see the REAL story behind it.

If 'understanding the truth of it' means that I must accept that passing success in the 3rd quarter supports the claims "We must pass them crazy early" and "if we establish the run in the first half we can change the channel by halftime" in a game where we ran more than we passed in the 1st and had an 8 point lead, then no I guess I don't get at all what the real story behind your point is.

You wish to have it accepted that your claims are not held to their letter. You wish that "We must pass them crazy early and not establish the run" equates to "We must have some success passing at some point in the game" so that you can maintain your 'rightness'. I understand very well.

You are not worth responding to anymore. You are hopeless. I have more important things to do than discuss this with someone who is too brain dead to understand my comments, and what they mean.... You can now do whatever the hell you want...I dont have time to waste with you....

Have a nice life.

And again through an entire reply you do not once defend your stance against the simple logic presented and simply proceed to attack me over and over from every angle. Congratulations!

"I am not totallyworried abaout their passing game but watchout for Bethel Johnson He has a bone to pick against us and he DOES have blazing speed to get behind our safeties."

Hi people!
Just checking in with our weekly opponent forum to see if I can find out any of your secrets to tell coach Childress. ;)

I really dont think that Bethel will be much of a receiver this week.
I dont even know if he will get any time...
Coach Childress stated yesterday that he is too new and only knows the basics as of now and probably wont play the receiver role.

Marcus Robinson is a big loss, but realistically, this team doesnt have any "superstars".
The days of Moss, Carter and Culpepper are gone.
Hopefully, Billy Mcmullen will slide into the spot without any issues.
I'm sure Mewelde Moore will become more of a receiving back, and the Tight ends will get a little more use too.

I am a season ticket holder and am EXCITED as all hell for this game!
Monday night's contest will be the first time since November of 2001 that the Vikings will host a Monday Night Football game.
We have been waiting along time for this.

Also, I have been a Patriots fan for quite a few years, I even have some Patriots garb I wear from time to time.
I started to root for the Patriots when they faced the dreaded Packers in the Super bowl.
As you probably know, we Viking fans dont care much for the Packers.
Anyways, I got to see the Pats bounce through all of the SB's and that...has been quite fun!

You people are lucky, I hope you know that.
Yes, your team deserved all of the ships...but the right coaching, picks, players, free agents...everything had to be perfect.

So here is my prediction:
(and by the way, I picked the Patriots to win the SB this year)

PATRIOTS - 21
VIKINGS - 19

Sackman
http://nfcnorth.proboards99.com/

SackMeIfYouCan said:
We do. But we're also greedy. And we want MORE, MORE, MORE :D

SackMeIfYouCan said:
Hi people!
Just checking in with our weekly opponent forum to see if I can find out any of your secrets to tell coach Childress. ;)

I really dont think that Bethel will be much of a receiver this week.
I dont even know if he will get any time...
Coach Childress stated yesterday that he is too new and only knows the basics as of now and probably wont play the receiver role.

Marcus Robinson is a big loss, but realistically, this team doesnt have any "superstars".
The days of Moss, Carter and Culpepper are gone.
Hopefully, Billy Mcmullen will slide into the spot without any issues.
I'm sure Mewelde Moore will become more of a receiving back, and the Tight ends will get a little more use too.

I am a season ticket holder and am EXCITED as all hell for this game!
Monday night's contest will be the first time since November of 2001 that the Vikings will host a Monday Night Football game.
We have been waiting along time for this.

Also, I have been a Patriots fan for quite a few years, I even have some Patriots garb I wear from time to time.
I started to root for the Patriots when they faced the dreaded Packers in the Super bowl.
As you probably know, we Viking fans dont care much for the Packers.
Anyways, I got to see the Pats bounce through all of the SB's and that...has been quite fun!

Yes, your team deserved all of the ships...but the right coaching, picks, players, free agents...everything had to be perfect.

PATRIOTS - 21
VIKINGS - 19

Sackman

Thanks for your input. I was going to say that Bethel doesn't scare me much, but it is certainly more credible coming from someone who is a little closer to the action.

BTW, I just traded for Chester Taylor in my fantasy league, so you have to do whatever you can to ensure that Moore never sets foot on the field. Thanks. :D

Brownfan80 said:
NEM, your quote was that if we established the run we could turn the game off by halftime and that we had to 'pass them crazy'. I've quoted you directly several times. The outcome of the first half was that we ran more than we passed and were up by over a TD at the half. You were wrong in your prediction.

I think the problem in your comprehension in the 'right and wrong' of the argument is that you can't understand that 'We have to pass first/We have to pass them crazy' is not the same as 'we must have success passing at some point in the game'.

What you predicted as the only line to victory in Cincy did not occure. You've predicted the same line here, that we must pass FIRST and not run in order to win. Yet after the game I'm sure you'll again claim you are right even if we don't have success passing until the 3rd quarter.

There, apparently, is a problem with your comprehension of your own claims.

You claimed that we should pass them crazy in the first half of the Cincy game, not the second. Once again there is that comprehension problem as to what your prediction was and how it differs from what actually transpired.

And you've gone on record with the same claim about the Vikings game in this thread.

Blind hatred? It's simple logic. If someone claims that we must go pass crazy early in a game that does not equate to the 3rd quarter.

Your Cincy prediction and this Vikings prediction match almost identically. They both called for a pass oriented onslaught early in the game (read: first half). The Cincy game you point to the third quarter as though it proves your point.

But as you can see the third quarter is in the second half of the game. We ran a balanced attack in the first and established the running game on the way to a halftime lead. Your prediction in the Cincy game was that if an establishing of the running game occured that we'd be down so far at the half that we could all stop watching. You sir, were wrong. It's very simple.

If you'd stop putting so much energy into trying to prove you were right as if your life depended on it the entire argument is very obvious and very simple.

It's all in the prior posts in black and white. It's all spelled out very clearly for you here in black and white.

If you want your argument to equal "We must use the forward pass at some opint in the contest in order to win the game" then say THAT. Do not say 'We must pass early and not run early or we will lose." and expect that all of us will accept passing success in the 3rd or 4th quarters as an acceptable escape route for you.

Make your claim match your after the fact argument.

The facts are in plain sight for anyone and everyone to see. Anyone that's bothered to look at them has seen that it is indeed you that ignores facts, not I.

And actually, I admit that I'm wrong quite frequently.

Are you offering me a free paid vacation? If so, I'll gladly accept, even if it would be with company I'd have to tune out completely.

I read every post on the board, you simply post more than most, so your posts end up in my sights more often. You do have over 16,000 posts afterall, it's a simple numbers game.

rodney-loves-nem.jpg

PATSNUTme said:

It's kind of like watching a slug burn under a magnefying glass in the sun.

If you keep pointing logic at him unrelentingly he simply shrivels up.

But hey, I don't want Rodney to bust me in the mouth, so..

SackMeIfYouCan said:
Hi people!

PATRIOTS - 21
VIKINGS - 19

Sackman

How do you become a fan of two teams when you don't even live in Utah?

I will feel better if Seymour plays. Hutchinson and MCKennie are beast. If we can play some 4-3 with our best DL players, we should be able limit the run production.

Brownfan80 said:
It's kind of like watching a slug burn under a magnefying glass in the sun.

If you keep pointing logic at him unrelentingly he simply shrivels up.

But hey, I don't want Rodney to bust me in the mouth, so..

I must admit, NEM has beaten me; worn me down like an old carpet in a busy hallway.

I have simply placed him on ignore because I can no longer fight the good fight. It feels like the right thing to do for me and my sanity.

PATSNUTme said:
How do you become a fan of two teams when you don't even live in Utah?

I will feel better if Seymour plays. Hutchinson and MCKennie are beast. If we can play some 4-3 with our best DL players, we should be able limit the run production.

Just because bigomy is illegal in other states does not mean it is not practiced.

I Liked Bethel Jhonson I think he's best that Reche Caldwell I don't understand why Kraft dismissed to Jhonson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes