PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mini Camp Updates - Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Sadly, even those minicamp updates are all Mankins, all the time. Can't wait until they actually hit the field.

Sadly, even those minicamp updates are all Mankins, all the time. Can't wait until they actually hit the field.

Indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing updates on everything BUT Mankins.

Connolly rotating in with the first line.

That's just not a good thing.

Is Connolly really that bad?

Hopefully it's only because either Neal or Kaczur is taking it easy today.

Is Connolly really that bad?

He was, last year. What's more, him working with that first group means that none of the other backups could beat him out. Hopefully this changes during training camp.

For that matter, hopefully the Patriots/Mankins situation gets resolved with Mankins on the team and content.

Last edited:
Alright then.

I understand he's not great; I guess I just haven't seen enough to understand the vociferously negative reaction people here have to him.

Alright then.

I understand he's not great; I guess I just haven't seen enough to understand the vociferously negative reaction people here have to him.

It's possible he could have improved, but he looked absolutely dreadful last year in his time as Neal's back-up.

Bit worried by absolutely no mention of Ohrnberger as being in with the 2nd string.

Really? I thought this was the 'not a good thing' from the report...

–Price appeared to suffer a left leg injury late in practice during a seven-on-seven drill. He caught a nice slant route from rookie Zac Robinson but came up lame as he hobbled off. He worked with trainers in between the fields for the remainder of the workout.

This put a smile on my face...

Eye-opening attendance report. Every player on the roster was present for the voluntary minicamp except for Logan Mankins. That is significant on two fronts: 1) The camp is voluntary and the attendance reflects a strong commitment on the part of the players; 2) From an injury standpoint, there are no major issues outside of Wes Welker (individual drills only) that appear to be holding players back.

Good to hear about Wheatley, finally.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Reiss had some good notes. He reported that every single player was present, including bionic Welker.

And a few nuggets of GOOD news!
Terrence Wheatley shows up. Third-year cornerback Terrence Wheatley, who is vying for a backup role on the right side behind Leigh Bodden, made two plays that had his fellow defenders excited. On one, he ran stride for stride with David Patten down the middle of the field and had solid coverage on an incomplete pass. On another, he had tight coverage on Randy Moss on an out route, batting a Brian Hoyer pass away. Had the pass from Hoyer been more to the outside, it could have been completed, but Wheatley still got his hands on the ball.
and our boy Zoltan:
Zoltan Mesko’s powerful leg. Rookie punter Zoltan Mesko’s performance will ultimately be judged by his consistency over time and directional punting, but on this day, it was enjoyable to watch him simply crush the ball.
New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I'm sick of Mankins, Mike could've left that part out and gone right to everybody else as far as I'm concerned but on that topic, it's good to see the players aren't talking.

Really? I thought this was the 'not a good thing' from the report...Quote:
–Price appeared to suffer a left leg injury late in practice during a seven-on-seven drill. He caught a nice slant route from rookie Zac Robinson but came up lame as he hobbled off. He worked with trainers in between the fields for the remainder of the workout.

Doesn't sound like anything serious according to this report:

"Price tweaked his ankle late and had to sit out the end of practice, but was back on his feet and getting extra work in after the session."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes