Welcome to PatsFans.com

Milwaukee to Open Nation's First Homosexual Middle School

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

Is middle school kinda soon for this stuff, and should there be a public school soley for the homosexual? Is it similar to, or as simply as, there being an all boys, or all girls public school? I think the age bothers me, since middle school is too young for a child to know which side of the plate they like to take there swings from. Is having a gay-only middle school promoting homosexuality? What so you?

Thursday January 8, 2009

See today's LifeSiteNews stories
    By Kathleen Gilbert

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin, January 8, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Milwaukee's Alliance School, one of the few officially "gay-friendly" high schools in the country, has been given clearance to extend their pro-homosexual curriculum to sixth, seventh, and eighth graders.

"I think it's unconscionable to be affirming this in public schools," said Higgins. "This is not an issue for public schools. And kids at 11- and 12- and 13- and 14-[years of age] are confused on many issues - sexuality [being] one of them."

Regina Griggs, executive director of the group Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays (PFOX), agreed. "To affirm an 11-year-old? Please," said Griggs. "They haven't even gone through puberty, but they know that they want to have sex with other men and women? I'm sorry, but it's ridiculous."

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't see a problem with it per se. Middle school is where you come into sexuality and gender ID. If a kid is gay you can pretty much tell. If a kid seems straight, treat it so and give him or her time to figure it out. That's why I think all boys or girls schools are bad.
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

They're bad because kids can't adequately figure out their sexuality, when they're restricted to seeing the same gender during school time?
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

What Does Sex Have To Do With Learning How To Spell Cat.

Friggin Liberal A$s Holes
  5. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This isn't so bad. Segregate the homos into their own school. Maybe I will send my little guy to public school now. He won't have to learn about men that like other men because they will have their own school. I like it. One question? Instead of a school why don't we give them their own island!!!
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Because most people aren't as freaked out by what people do in private as you are.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

They're bad because you can't get laid as easily and you can't interact with your gender of choice except under parental control.
    Look...I don't think it's a good idea in Jr high, but I think having a gay school in High School isn't a big deal. If you don't know your straight or gay by then, you might as well become a priest.
  8. Imperator

Imperator Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I see nothing wrong with teaching kids what homosexuality is in an unbiased and open way instead of hiding it like society does.

But I find all-male or all-female schools to inhibit a child's social development.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +310 / 4 / -2

Well, I went to an all boys school and I think I turned out ok. Certainly, the women I've met think everything is good working order. [​IMG] I actually enjoyed going to an all boy school. Looking back I feel like there were less distractions, during a critical time in a young man/womans development. That's just my opinion of course.

As for the gay school thing, I really don't have a formed opinion about a gay HS, but a gay middle school alarms me. There is no way an 11 year old knows he, or she, is gay.
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Milwaukee is so freaking GAY!
    Aren't Milwaukee people fans of the "Packers", too?
    I rest my case!
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

Are the teachers and the Janitor going to be Homosexual also, what if some kids mother attends Parent Teachers night and has to have a Bowel Movement while she's there (No Ladies Room)---:confused:
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Not all that convinced that kids between 12-14 are able to make a really good decision about their sexuality, this makes no sense, how about a kid who thinks he is gay, then decides he is not.. will he be forever labeled, Gay???

In a fantasy world makes no difference, but in a real world significant to hang on to this label.. cannot understand why anyone would conceive of such an idea. Idle time???
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I think it's because gay kids get emotionally tortured and physically beaten in school. Upon further review, I think that high school would be the best starting point for this idea.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

How do you think your homosexual and then decide your not, I'm not trying to be a wise guy thats just a new one on me.
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

It is not about being homosexual or not, it is about being too young to make a decision.. do you really think an 11 year is capable to make such big decisions.. they may have feelings, but would not want an 11 year old making decisions that will effect his or her life.

Kids who think they are gay get stigmatized and harassed in school, but is isolating them in a special school situation going to make it better???