PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mills is my candidate for Medical Redshirt.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Err.. I mean the IR list...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree their is no real need for him this year with Pass and Evans around. Let him learn the system and try again next year.

you never know with these 4th-5th rounders..might wanna go back home and when they come back..pooooof ! CUT

Last edited:
I don't know about that, Dabruinz. Graham still hasn't seen the field all camp and Watson has already missed time and reports are that he didn't do too well on his first day back.
We still got Dave THomas, though.
Or did you mean he has a bad injury that the FO is not disclosing?

Julius said:
I have to agree their is no real need for him this year with Pass and Evans around. Let him learn the system and try again next year.

Yeah, I forgot that they are giving him reps as fullback but he did come out as a TE. And a very good one, too.
We may have need at the TE position so I have to say that I disagree if Dabruinz is saying he will be a healthy IR.

This team needs Mills in this offense this season. He's a better blocker than Evans for the RB and Brady and has better hands than Pass with only more speed than Evans but not Pass. He's an all around great player. Dont want to IR him unless he really needs it.

Julius said:
What if neither Pass nor Evans make the 53? Evans especially is a long shot, but Pass has no lock on anything, either.

Last edited:
363839 said:
I don't know about that, Dabruinz. Graham still hasn't seen the field all camp and Watson has already missed time and reports are that he didn't do too well on his first day back.
We still got Dave THomas, though.
Or did you mean he has a bad injury that the FO is not disclosing?

The guys missing time are doing so because BB is rotating them in and out. Watson didn't miss time because of an injury.

While Graham isn't on the field, neither is Mills.

Walter Rasby has seen more time on the field than Mills or Graham this training camp. Graham is all but guaranteed a position. Mills is not.

I don't think for a moment that Evans will make the 53. Pass is our fullback. Mills a blocker? Please post the source.

SeanBruschi54 said:
This team needs Mills in this offense this season. He's a better blocker than Evans for the RB and Brady and has better hands than Pass with only more speed than Evans but not Pass. He's an all around great player. Dont want to IR him unless he really needs it.

mgteich said:
I don't think for a moment that Evans will make the 53. Pass is our fullback. Mills a blocker? Please post the source.
I said he's a better blocker than Evans and my source is any type of college film you see of him.

Mills is needed in the passing game. Hes caught everything thats been thrown his way. No way I would IR him.

SeanBruschi54 said:

not sure how you can be this dogmatic when the guy has never played a snap of proball. college is a different animal. The game speeds way up. You may be correct, but you can't judge this if the dude aint on the feild.

Digger44 said:
not sure how you can be this dogmatic when the guy has never played a snap of proball. college is a different animal. The game speeds way up. You may be correct, but you can't judge this if the dude aint on the feild.
All im saying is that if Evans makes this squad and this guy gets an uneccesary IR everyone is going to be upset maybe not week 1 but during the season.

While I think Sean is correct, but I don't think Evans is reevant. We need Mills because our two starting TE's have injury histories, and Graham is in his contract year.

bb will find a place on the roster for Mills if he thinks he can help the team in 2006.

What's up Patriot fans! I am new to the forum, but this thread caught my attention. I live in Tulsa and have followed Mills for several years. Is he actually hurt? OR, is this a strategy to have more players make the final roster by using the IR?

Thanks!

While I think Sean is correct, but I don't think Evans is reevant. We need Mills because our two starting TE's have injury histories, and Graham is in his contract year.
-------------------------------

Bingo. We have Bingo.

The Vet TE's have not stayed healthy and the WR corp is a little thin. If Mills is as good as previously reported he can help this team now. While its true, he's never played Pro ball, you have to at least give BB and Pioli the benefit of doubt that Mills can succeed at the NFL level.

Whether Mills makes the 53 or not, he's unlikely to be a significant contributor to the offense this year. OTOH, he has a rep for being a special teams ace, and I always thought that was the big reason Beoli drafted him, not to be the 4th TE or 2nd FB. Our coverage and return teams were weak last year, which is why the Pats brought in Gardner, Mitchell, Tebucky, Andrews, Mills and others.

You may be onto something. It didn't work out too well for Claridge, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes