PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Milloy to Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised...I think maybe a bit too much at his age..but?? That's the way it is..he got a good deal. 2mill for him now would have been overpaying in my opinion.

Lawyer has landed on his feet twice, financially. He got a $2.5 mil signing bonus.

I just wished that he had kept his mouth shut when he left here.

Atlanta's mistake: Milloy not a "big plays" guy

“The Atlanta starting safeties combined for just three interceptions in 2005 and totaled just five "big plays" -- a combination of interceptions, sacks, fumbles forced and fumbles recovered. In fact, over the last three seasons, the Falcons' safeties averaged fewer than six "big plays" per year. Contributing to the problem in 2005 was that the starters, Keion Carpenter and Bryan Scott, also tackled poorly.â€

I like Milloy as a player – not a fan when he was complaining about rings not feeding has family – because I am a fan of the hard-hitting safeties. I do find it amusing that Atlanta has signed him to get more “big plays†out of the safety position because that is not who Milloy is anymore. Over the last four years he has totaled 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 0 fumble recoveries and 3 interceptions. That averages out to 2 sacks, .5 FF, 0 FR and .8 INTs for a total of 3.3 “big plays†a year. So unless he has a career year, whoever the other safety is better have a big year if Atlanta wants to do better than the six “big plays†they have been averaging over the last 3 years

shatch62 said:
“The Atlanta starting safeties combined for just three interceptions in 2005 and totaled just five "big plays" -- a combination of interceptions, sacks, fumbles forced and fumbles recovered. In fact, over the last three seasons, the Falcons' safeties averaged fewer than six "big plays" per year. Contributing to the problem in 2005 was that the starters, Keion Carpenter and Bryan Scott, also tackled poorly.â€

I like Milloy as a player – not a fan when he was complaining about rings not feeding has family – because I am a fan of the hard-hitting safeties. I do find it amusing that Atlanta has signed him to get more “big plays†out of the safety position because that is not who Milloy is anymore. Over the last four years he has totaled 8 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 0 fumble recoveries and 3 interceptions. That averages out to 2 sacks, .5 FF, 0 FR and .8 INTs for a total of 3.3 “big plays†a year. So unless he has a career year, whoever the other safety is better have a big year if Atlanta wants to do better than the six “big plays†they have been averaging over the last 3 years

GREAT USE OF THE FACTS TO SUPPORT YOUR OPINION!!
And I agree with you 100%.. Milloy is average (if that) at best..

thats a good pick up and upgrade for the falcons

mcsully said:
GREAT USE OF THE FACTS TO SUPPORT YOUR OPINION!!
And I agree with you 100%.. Milloy is average (if that) at best..

Agreed. His best days are in the rearview mirror but he is an upgrade for the Vick Birds defense.

Don't they still have Shawn Mayer as well???...who is also in NFLE again??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back