Welcome to PatsFans.com

Millions of Tons of Water Ice Found at Moon’s North Pole

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Millions of Tons of Water Ice Found at Moon’s North Pole | Wired Science | Wired.com

A moon probe has found millions of tons of water on the moon’s north pole, NASA reported Monday. The vast source of water could one day be used to generate oxygen or sustain a moon base.

A NASA radar aboard India’s Chandrayaan-I lunar orbiter found 40 craters, ranging in size from 1 to 9 miles across, with pockets of ice. Scientists estimate at least 600 million tons of ice could be entombed in these craters.

MILLIONS OF TONS!

why arent we going back to the moon, again?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

We are getting closer and closer to the day when the Governments all over the world are going to have to come clean and tell the truth about UFO's no matter how freaked out it makes the public.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

This is one of the few things we agree on.

Having said that, the discovery of even 1 gallon of water on the moon is amazing...MILLIONS OF TONS!!! thats frickin outstanding!

There is no excuse NOT to go there again, and this time...maybe they will report what is actually going on...

What Neil Armstrong (who doesnt talk a lot or do interviews) had to say in his criptic speech at the whitehouse in 1994 was, to me, the most telling that HE and other astronauts are "parrots" being told what to say etc....

then at the end he talks to the younger generations, who he hoped Finish what he started. That there was much to discover if they could ever:

"remove one of truth's protective layers"

YouTube - Neil Armstrong on 25th Anniversary of Lunar "Landing"
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because there's absolutely nothing useful up there which we cannot get at a significantly more cost effective manner down here? It's is far easier to create cheese from cow's milk than it is to fly up there, mine the cheese, then bring it back home.

BTW, I thought there already were secret bases on the moon? So I guess I don't understand why you consider this discovery significant.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I think I'll take Neil Armstrong and a bunch of other NASA astronauts word on the subject as opposed to a conservative messageboard blogger.

water didnt just grow on the moon, especially MILLIONS OF TONS OF WATER.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What exactly did Neil Armstrong say that contradicts anything I have said? Please be specific. I hope you are not trying to tell us Neil Armstrong believes there are secret bases on the moon.

The guy is an astronaut. Of course he supports continued exploration of space. And you know what? So do I. But you asked why we haven't gone back to the moon and I gave you a very simple, yet accurate, response. There really is just no practical reason to do so.

It is difficult to discuss this matter seriously with an individual who honestly believes there are secret bases up there, but fact of the matter is that when about 1 out of every 6 people can't find work, oil keeps going up, we are at war and the nation is in the state it is in, it's tough to get the public on board with spending countless billions and billions of dollars doing something we already did 40 years ago.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I provided Armstrong's words, and a link to his speech at the whitehouse, you can take what you will from what he said. Armstrong has never really spoken much about the moon missions. Other Appolo astronauts (Edgar Mitchell) HAVE spoken out about what they have seen, and I choose to listen to them, know why? Becaus ethey have BEEN THERE. It makes more sense to me that we are conducting some kind of operation up there. The fact that you call me 'crazy' speaks a lot to your mind, and how closed it is. You can't even FATHOM that what you have been told isnt the truth.

The discovery of water on any planet is a massive discovery for science. The fact that they discovered millions of tons on the MOON...HUGE. The building blocks essential for life is water and sun, the moon has both in abundance.

A few years form now....I will be accepting your appology. Until then....dont sail off the edge of the flat earth.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nowhere in any of the YouTube videos you have provided have you given one iota of support to your main contention. What you're doing is providing a reference which you are hoping no one will actually listen to in full to pretend you're supporting your argument. That's why all you're doing is providing YouTube links and not any sort of actual quote.

There is a littany of intelligent people in the field of astronomy who believe in alien life visiting Earth. And there is a littany of intelligent people in the field of astronomy who do not believe in alien life visiting Earth. However, NONE of these people believe there are secret bases on the moon. But hey, let's all believe someone called "HolyDiver" on the internet.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

We can go back with millions of tons of hops and make lots of beer there:rocker:
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

There's somebody else out there besides us............
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here's your problem (no doubt one of many): You're putting words in my mouth and then responding to what you're pretending I've said instead of what I've actually said. The only thing I've really ever said on this matter is that anyone who thinks there are secret bases on the moon is just not living in the real world. (Then you post links which you claim supports your point when in fact they do absolutely nothing of the sort).

I never said there wasn't life elsewhere. There's probably life on the moon, there's probably life on Mars, and there's probably life on several of the moons of the gas giants. I've even read some interesting theories that there may very well be life in the atmosphere of Jupiter itself. But I'm not talking about some microbes hidden in some liquid a couple miles below the surface of Europa. I'm talking about your ridiculous claim that there are secret bases on our moon.

And if it is ever proven that there are secret bases on the moon, I will hire a skywriter to spell out "I'm sorry" over any location in the United States you desire.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Count me in on this too.

I'm sick & tired of gov't thinking they have the right to keep things from their people. Whether it's economic reality or UFO's.:mad:

14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

well, you choose to not watch the interviews because they are on youtube? your loss.

Hater,

I'm not sure if I have to pull direct quotes of Edgar Mitchell saying we have been visiting the moon since 1960 but I can, if you'd like.

here is one quote:
    "Yes its true that aliens exist, and not just one species but many life forms. Open your minds and get used to it". Dr. Edgar Mitchell says.....
    'I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit.'

Until they say whats really going on, you can be one of those people who ridicules anyone who thinks differently than you. If you listen to what Aldrin was saying, and the other NASA workers that its people like YOU that are causing most to not open up.

Honestly., I could give a $#!t if you think I'm crazy or not, if you are not interested is such discussions, then stay the f out of the thread!

Its that simple.
  15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'll take you up on that....

Why are you so sure about something you have no evidence of? Why is life on the moon acceptable, life on Mars acceptable, an atmosphere on Jupiter acceptable..?

But some kind of outpost on the Moon....REDICULOUS! Because nobody told you... Nobody told you about the stealth bomber, the Manhatten Project, LSD etc...

Thats like saying you believe in ghosts, just not 3 eyed ghosts.....

talk about problems
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, I hate and have a very low tolerance of gross ignorance.
    Now you're being vague - perhaps deliberately so. If you are saying we "visited" the moon in the sense that we (humans) sent unmanned probes to the moon, then yes the USSR first did that and first photographed the dark side in 1959. The Soviets beat America to orbit and to the moon. But if you are saying that man physically landed on the moon prior to Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin in July, 1969, I would very much like to see those quotes. Your only problem is that no such quotes actually exist.
    Like I said, none of your quotes support the notion that there are secret bases on the moon.
    Here's something that you'll never understand: Nutjobs like you actually hurt the case of serious minded scholars like me who really do want to expand our efforts to explore the solar system. Saying we should explore the moon and Mars in order to better mankind carries a lot more sway than people like you saying we need to investigate the secret alien bases.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And will you do the same when no such proof comes out because no such proof exists? No, I didn't think so.
    What are you talking about when you say "no evidence of"? There is plenty of evidence that microbiotic life exists elsewhere in our solar system. You yourself stated several times that there is water on the moon, and water + sun = building blocks of life.
    If you can't grasp the fundamental difference between microbes on the moon versus alien outposts on the moon, then you're even dumber than we all already thought you were.
    Actually, it is nothing like that and that is an atrocious analogy.
  18. Gunnails

Gunnails Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Water on the moon which could prove to be the answer to establishing a permanent human base on the moon.

The moon has helium3, which we could use to possibly solve the energy crisis on earth.

Great news.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe we could find a volunteer, say Sam Rockwell... make 1,000 clones of him and put them all in suspended animation (but obviously don't let the clones know they are clones)... send them up to the moon to operate the mining machines... tell each clone he has to work there for 3 years then he could come back home... and when the 3 years are up, just kill him and have the base computer replace him with another clone?

Nah.
  20. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,372 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

This guy's got the right idea.