PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mile High hopes? T.O. sits down with Shanahan

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Jake just throw it, I'll get it" I can see it now. Hopefully they will be dumb enough to give up a first round pick so they can watch their team get destroyed.

They won't have to give up much, if anything. He could make the Donkeys awfully good especially with them having two #1s this year. But he'll probably mess it up somehow even if he goes there.

First he'll make them "awfully good". Then he'll implode them from the inside. Was kinda hoping to see him in Puke Green. :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Was kinda hoping to see him in . . .
He's not signed with the Broncos yet. Just a meeting.

well

Track record folks---he will give them one good year and then they will implode! The guy is a cancer to a team and lockeroom---good luck donkey's :rolleyes:

It would make them dangerous again, but again, there is the other side of the sword..that could ruin the team..

Anyone listening to Mike and Mike? I couldn't tell if he was being serious, but one of the guys said the perfect solution would be to have TO go to Miami and have Brett Favre go there too. He said that would = Superbowl.

I highly doubt that, but I also couldn't tell if he seriously meant it.

Bella*chick said:
Anyone listening to Mike and Mike? I couldn't tell if he was being serious, but one of the guys said the perfect solution would be to have TO go to Miami and have Brett Favre go there too. He said that would = Superbowl.

Favre+Owens = Setting back the Fins three years. All their work this year would be for naught. As a Pat fan, I hope they do. If I were a Dolphin fan, I'd be furious if Saban was even thinking about it.

paradox

Hard to explain, but

a) I sure wouldn't want TO on our team, and yet

b) I sure don't want him on the Broncos!

BelichickFan said:
He's not signed with the Broncos yet. Just a meeting.

Agreed, but could be a good match for TO. Think of it this way, if he signs there, his coach ALREADY looks crazed, the thin air may help TO's thought process, Plummers rep isn't nearly as solid as McNab's, and he's got the horse's ***** role down perfectly! ;)

Bella*chick said:

Chris Chambers, who is only 27, has already said he doesn't want TO on the team. TO is 32. If I'm Miami, I'd rather have a (reasonably) happy Chambers.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Chris Chambers, who is only 27, has already said he doesn't want TO on the team. TO is 32. If I'm Miami, I'd rather have a (reasonably) happy Chambers.
Good to see he has some sense. I just can't imagine a no-nonsense guy like Saban even thinking about it except to have a good laugh. Mike and Mike were talking about it, about how Saban is a coach that's Belichick-like and could handle TO. I just kept thinking, you fools have it all wrong, because he's like Belichick is exactly the reason this would never happen!

shakadave said:
Hard to explain, but

a) I sure wouldn't want TO on our team, and yet

b) I sure don't want him on the Broncos!

This would be the absolute best thing that could happen!

By early November (if not before) the 2nd thoughts start creeping in.

By mid-November the 2nd guessing starts.

And by mid-December we see a team in disarray, with TO serving yet another suspension!

Gawd, I am hoping and praying this comes to pass!

Further, the Denver Post reports today that the Broncos are also interested in Ricky Williams, but regard that scenario as a little beyond the pale.

In TO's case, the would doubtless opt for the trade route, rather than wait till March and free agency beckons. They could get him cheap, maybe a 6th or 7th rounder, and any contract designs would have to be restructured, probably both incentive-laden and back-loaded, although if they do this before the new CBA becomes a reality, this approach could be dicey.

Compounding matters is the fact that Denver is about 30 mill over the cap.

FWIW, I think Denver simply had a good year this past season, with all those new imports simply (1) having career years, and (2) playing over their heads.

I could be wrong on that. We'll have to wait and see.

I think Denver is just looking to fill their "big mouth" void since Shannon Sharpe retired. Just the fact that Shanny and some Broncos are entertaining the idea show that they have little to no integrity.

richpats said:
I think Denver is just looking to fill their "big mouth" void since Shannon Sharpe retired. Just the fact that Shanny and some Broncos are entertaining the idea show that they have little to no integrity.

Oh, I think they made that clear when they cheated the salary cap to win Super Bowls. Or by their instructing offensive linemen to use highly unethical if not clearly illegal blocking techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back