PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Wright status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's now over 10 days into free agency, and Mike Wright has not only not signed, there has been very little sign of interest in him. I'm only aware on one visit (to Green Bay). Moreover, Dallas' signing of Igor Olshansky at 4 years for $18M puts a ceiling on Wright; I don't think anyone could argue that he deserves similar money to Olshansky.

Wright seems to me to be a Pierre Woods/James Sanders kind of guy - valuable rotational guy and backup, good ST guy, adequate spot starter, but not the kind of guy you really want as a full time starter at a key position. Does any feel that it would be realistic and feasible to bring him back for Sanders/Springs kind of money (around 3 years at $9-10M, possibly with incentives)? Have Wright and Warren under contract through 2011 would help with Seymour and Green's contracts expiring after this season.

I thought he visited Zona ??

I really want Big Mike back... but nowhere near Olshansky money.

Wright works well on the Pats defense, and I'd love to see him stay. I just don't see him as an all down, 16 game lineman. I cannot believe he is seeking Igor dollars. If he is, the Pats will be welcoming him back into the fold by the beginning of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back