Mike Wright Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
There is very little discussion of Mike Wright in the forum. I don't get to go to the camp practices. He's looked very crisp in the preseason ... but it's hard to evaluate from that. He's always looked more the part of a 1-gap DL player than a 2-gap guy so he's been a situational backup here. But Bill extended him - so Bill has had some ideas about this line for some time now.

Has anyone seen anything from him to suggest he's in for more contribution this year? Or he simply a dependable player (backup) who helps with the cap? I'm guessing he will be counted on to pressure the QB from the pocket on 3rd downs in the 4-3 like before.

Will he be Wilfork's sidekick this year until Brace/Pryor are more ready?

Is it possible he's been injury free enough to have improved into a 3 down lineman?

Or ... is he still Mike Wright the very fast big guy backup DL?

Opinions?

Last edited:
Id like to see what Brace has, reports throughout preseason have been fairly positive on him. Id like to see him in the middle with Wilfork with a rotation of Warren, Green, and Burgess.

I'm bumping this thread because I still do not understand why Mike doesn't get to play more. I thought he consistently got inside pressure tonight. I know ... in Bill I trust ... is Mike that bad against the run?

I know ... he's in there on mostly obvious passing downs.

Those here that like to study and break down the play post game.

Why doesn't Mike line up next to Big Vince more often now that we're mostly 4-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back