PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Some had posted the idea of picking up Charles Rogers for a looksee down the road.

During tonights Giants/Chiefs game they had mentioned that Williams had gained weight and Detroit is souring on him to the point of possibly cutting him.

I remember him looking absolutely awesome for USC one year, and I have a hard time figuring out how that potential totally goes to crap in the NFL.

If he gets cut, bring him in.

Maybe getting cut will get his head in the right place and he'll be a late bloomer.

Unfortuntely the negatives on Williams (being too big and slow for a WR, too small and weak to be a TE) seem to be overcoming his strengths.

That said, I do agree with you that I would love to have him. He is good on slants and has even better size than Givens.

For what it's worth- I read today that Williams is "coming on" and will be the number two behind Roy Williams.

I'd rather go after Joey Porter. Williams reminds me of a gentler Maurice Clarret.

Last edited:
rabthepat said:
I'd rather go after Joey Porter. Williams reminds me of a gentler Maurice Clarret.

Do you mean Jerry Porter?

zippo59 said:
Do you mean Jerry Porter?

Maybe. But I'd rather have Joey Porter too.

Just.....not at Wideout...

I'll take a big pass on Mike Williams. I thought he was going to be a huge bust before he was drafted. So far, he's proving me right.

I'd go after Stallworth.

I would absolutley LOVE to get Stallworth I think he could be a ture #1 WR for the Pats, but with the system we seem to play he could be playing his best football over a longer period of time becasue of Brady, and all the targets we have.

And being serious Branch is a #2 WR at best on any other team despite his SB MVP award. And Stallworth has more than enough talent to be a great #1 WR, and is porbably just as good as Branch is right now.

Maroney,Stallworth,Jackson,Mill and Watson......now to me that looks like some sweet targets to have and plenty of people to spread the ball too. And there all young and still to hit there prime.

Brady#12 said:
I'd go after Stallworth.

I would absolutley LOVE to get Stallworth I think he could be a ture #1 WR for the Pats, but with the system we seem to play he could be playing his best football over a longer period of time becasue of Brady, and all the targets we have.

And being serious Branch is a #2 WR at best on any other team despite his SB MVP award. And Stallworth has more than enough talent to be a great #1 WR, and is porbably just as good as Branch is right now.

Maroney,Stallworth,Jackson,Mill and Watson......now to me that looks like some sweet targets to have and plenty of people to spread the ball too. And there all young and still to hit there prime.

expect they already said hes not on the block and they arent trading him

Instead of Stallworth, why don't we try to get Devery Henderson? I thought I heard a rumor that the Saints aren't happy with him.
He's an LSU guy, excellent speed. Seems to fit the mold we like in recievers. Wasted the last couple years with Aaron Brooks, maybe he could turn around here?

I mentioned it in another thread, but Bryant Johnson might be worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont we get TO..Parcells clearly has some issues already even though TO hasnt done anything really bad.. OR Randy Moss..he bashed the Raiders for NOT making progress

so many possible trades..none will go down

Remix 6 said:
so many possible trades..none will go down

What about Jerry Rice in his prime:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes