PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Williams for NE????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Williams would be an AWESOME pickup for a 4th rounder. He would be a good red-zone target.

Interesting but how about this one

Trade our #3 and Brandon Gorin to Aizona for Bryant Johnson. He's a former #1 pick with some size. He had 40 catches last year in limited playing time and also returns punts and kickoffs.

Yes, pull the trigger on that deal. I hope it happens.

im sure we can get Bryan Johnson for cheaper..Gorin is a servicable backup but he can be traded..4th and Gorin for Johnson would work in my mind..even for Charles Rogers if Martz isnt happy..BB gives fresh starts to a few people..drug problem..he can turn it around. How about sign Hakim? Or get one of the Titans young WRs..they have Bennet, Givens, Calico, Jones, Gage..1 of the last 3 could be traded. Patten is an option to trade or pick up. Kelley Washington was great in college..not really good but Bengals might look to trade him if they decide to keep Henry. New Orleans might drop someone since they have Michael Lewis, Bethel Johnson, Devery Henderson, Chris Horn competing for a few spots

Last edited:
On my own, 5 months ago, I began the thread proposing a trade with Detroit for a WR. Of course, anyone closely following football could do the math - Lions have too many, Pats not enough.

Williams for a fourth? The arguments against such a trade are foolhardy. Big Mike could turn out to be just another 'freak' talent who goes bust because he doesn't have to the brain to match. But what if he does realize his potential, even just some potential? The Pats would instantly go from having a dubious WR corps to having among the best in the NFL, and they'd just happen to have the best QB in the game throwing passes.

Brown and Caldwell for tweeners, Branch and Jackson for burners, with Williams and Watson for slam dancers - that, my friends, is one terrifying offensive lineup...

I wouldn't trade a 7th rounder for Williams.

Let's see here... maturity issues, lack of motivation, a top draft pick that failed with his original team... who does that sound like? David Terrell.

Guys like Terrell, Williams, Rogers, Clarett, etc. may have all the talent in the world, but if they don't care, if they don't want to use their God-given skills in the NFL, then why bother wasting time with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
patpatriot said:
Trade our #3 and Brandon Gorin to Aizona for Bryant Johnson. He's a former #1 pick with some size. He had 40 catches last year in limited playing time and also returns punts and kickoffs.

Is Bryant Johnson on the trading bloc, or did you just make that up?

Why is Williams linked to the Pats?

We could trade a low round pick to the Chargers for their tall wide out. He played in Ft. Collins. The Rams.

Fast and tall...

Where are these rumors coming from? Or are you guys just making them up because its the first im hearing about any of them.

Williams, Johnson, Chargers????

From my feeble brain

Seymour93 said:
Is Bryant Johnson on the trading bloc, or did you just make that up?

I just was speculating. Still Johnson is rarely going to see the field with the guys he has in front of him. Now that Arizona has Edge they will probably be less pass-happy so their need for a 3rd WR is probably less than their need for help with their terrible OL. Gorin has been a starting RT on a SB team who can play LT in a Pinch. He makes small cash and is tied up for 2 years. If you think about it the deal makes sense for both sides.

patpatriot said:
I just was speculating. Still Johnson is rarely going to see the field with the guys he has in front of him. Now that Arizona has Edge they will probably be less pass-happy so their need for a 3rd WR is probably less than their need for help with their terrible OL. Gorin has been a starting RT on a SB team who can play LT in a Pinch. He makes small cash and is tied up for 2 years. If you think about it the deal makes sense for both sides.
Not with a third in the deal it doesn't, not for us.

I can see a fifth and Gorin for Johnson being mutually beneficial and realistic. Not a third.

Yeah but...

drpatriot said:
Not with a third in the deal it doesn't, not for us.

I can see a fifth and Gorin for Johnson being mutually beneficial and realistic. Not a third.

Johnson was a first round pick. It's not clear that his failure to blossom is due to lack of talent or because he has 2 all-pros in front of him. Telll you what, how about a conditional pick that can go as high as a third depending on his performance. Remember we are likely to get a 3rd comp pick for Givens next year.

patpatriot said:
Trade our #3 and Brandon Gorin to Aizona for Bryant Johnson. He's a former #1 pick with some size.
Oh, yeah, right. WHy not have them throw in a couple first round picks while we're at it.

Since when was Gorin on the block? And since when has he had any trade value?

I think M.Williams would be a great pick up for a 4th rounder.

As people hae said he would be a great redzone target and he might be able to line up at TE somtimes as well.

Please

spacecrime said:
Oh, yeah, right. WHy not have them throw in a couple first round picks while we're at it.

This is a serious discusion. The Pats seem to need help at WR and Johnson may be a player with "hidden" value, hence the need to make a serious trade offer. Do you believe the Pats are all set at WR? If not, what is *your* suggestion?

Gorin is no longer needed

primetime said:

As I stated before; Gorin is a starting RT on a SB team. He is a swing tackle. The Pats thought enough of him to extend his contract. Kazur was in the process of beating him out *last* year before Light got hurt. Besides that Brittt seems to have overcome his injury problems and seems to have the ability to take Gorin's roles as backupRT/swing tackle. On top of that O'Callahan has been described as the best RT prospect in the country. In short, it appear that we don't need Gorin any more. So, let's trade him for something before we end up cutting him.

i propose we trade sullivan back to the saints for bethel johnson. You can thank me later

patpatriot said:
Johnson was a first round pick. It's not clear that his failure to blossom is due to lack of talent or because he has 2 all-pros in front of him. Telll you what, how about a conditional pick that can go as high as a third depending on his performance. Remember we are likely to get a 3rd comp pick for Givens next year.
That's a better solution. I wouldn't be comfortable throwing a Day 1 for someone who has never really blossomed in Arizona (see: Duane Starks) but if he does perform well, it would certainly be worth it.

primetime said:
patpatriot states the reasons in a different post above mine. I'd also throw in that the Cardinals could really use more competition at OL, where they have gems like Adam Haayer and Nick Lechey as starters, so though Gorin might not have trade value to some teams, an experienced, flexible starting lineman for a Super Bowl team would have huge trade value to the Cards.

Last edited:
Bull...how does a team trade last year's #10 overall pick for a 4th rounder? If Detroit were really willing to do this, it would signify that Williams is the biggest turd in the universe, because making such a move would be a disgrace to the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes