PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Wallace Considers Pats & 49ers As Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Wayne wants to come here...Wallace may want to come here..Lloyd wants to come here...hmmm

Pick up FA S Wilson when he is released. He was rated the second best coverage Safety in the NFL last year but is 33 (Think a bigger Rodney for a couple years left)

We've been having this "Adrian Wilson discussion" now for about 3 yrs, DW. While I love the player, and it's more than obvious that he'd make an instant impact on any team....they just re-upped him about 2 yrs ago.

The guy was apparently to be placed on IR, and somehow managed to still play in every single game, making a huge impact for their defense.

What on earth leads you to believe that the ARZ Cards are going to outright cut one of the top 5 safeties in the game?

As much as any of us would LOVE to have Adrian Wilson here, it isn't going to happen dude. He's not leaving Arizona, and he surely isn't coming here; especially with that contract.

I think that you are strongly under rating his importance to their defense, and his overall ability as a top 5 safety in the game today...

Any talk of a guy that good who is under contract is just fantasy talk.

I would give up a 2nd rounder for Wallace and pay him his $$ in a heartbeat. He is a true stretch the field deep threat. But I would not give up a 1st.

Agreed.

Any talk of giving up a precious 1st rounder (and then giving him a mega-contract as an unproven outsider in our offense) goes against everything that Belichick has stood for in his time here.

Wallace would have been great, had we drafted him instead of Tate. It's time to move on from that point though, and lately it sure seems like the Steelers are clearing a ton of cap room anyway in terms of trying to keep him.

In my opinion, this is just another Larry Fitzgerald fantasy wish that will never come true. I doubt we'd even look at him if he were an unrestricted free agent, let alone restricted.

If the Pats wanted Wallace (or a big name WR) badly enough, they could have offered a trade for a 2nd rounder at any time to a whole plethora of great WR's, and that team would have most likely traded the player.

I think a lot of people tend to underrate the importance of a 1st round draft pick, and overrate the skills of a lot of these players. Compensation that leads to a 1st round draft pick only happens once in a blue moon, yet for some reason a lot of people here act like it's a common thing.

So Wayne wants to come here...Wallace may want to come here..Lloyd wants to come here...hmmm

And yet the odds are probably against any of them actually coming here.

If we could get just one of these guys somehow the whole complexity of the offense would change dramatically, and we would instantly be a much better team.

Hopefully, Belichick goes out and tries very hard to land one of these good WR's, but I am awfully leery of that actually happening. I think he targets a mid/low level FA instead + a draft pick, but I hope I am very wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back