PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Vrabel to Join Bill O'Brien as LB coach for Houston Texans

My memory is he thought he would prefer college coaching to pro-coaching based on less hours. I wonder whether he was working just as hard as the pros under Meyers at OSU and decided he might as well go to the pros. I think he will do well.

By this account, looks like Urban Meyer really liked him but Vrabes was just looking for a change and an opportunity to expand.

Buckeyes' defensive line coach Mike Vrabel leaving Ohio State to join Houston Texans | cleveland.com

Nice, hopefully Vrabel does well there; he'll have talent to work with, and it would be great to see him move up through the NFL coaching ranks over time.

Add Romeo Crennel (DC) to the staff. BOB is off to a good start assembling his staff.

Re: Mike Vrabel / Romeo Crennel to Join Bill O'Brien.

Romeo Crennel to be Houston Texans' defensive coordinator - ESPN

Crennel has been widely believed to be the favorite to become O'Brien's defensive coordinator because of their ties as former New England Patriots assistants. However, the two men had never worked together, and Wednesday's meeting was not only an interview but an introduction.

When their interview was completed, O'Brien extended an offer for the job. However, Crennel asked for more time to fulfill his commitment as the head coach of the West college all-stars in the East-West Shrine game without distraction.

Last edited:
Add Romeo Crennel (DC) to the staff. BOB is off to a good start assembling his staff.

Patriots II is what he is trying to build. Even if he won't admit it.. O'Brien has always been a ladder climber.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back