PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Vrabel should shut up and play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Troll, pseudotroll, just mixed up?

See, that is WEAK thinking. Since when is critical analysis trolling? Why is that every word has to be Pro-Patriots or somebody else must be mixed up?

You're mixed up. Mike Vrabel pissed on people in public and that is obviously un-Patriots-otic. That's what the Book of Bill says, not me. And you know it.

Try less sugar on your LSD flakes at breakfast time

Shut up. Vrabel was only responding after the 72 Dolphins head coach fired the first shot.

Shut up, he used the plural, not the singular, and if he wanted to take a shot at Shula he should have still shut his mouth because this is the Patriots, not the Bengals.

Shut up, he used the plural, not the singular, and if he wanted to take a shot at Shula he should have still shut his mouth because this is the Patriots, not the Bengals.

Much like the Boston media, you have built up an ideal of what you believe this team is or stands for. Vrabel was not dissing an opponent or creating potential bulletin board material based on his ego. Are you aware that after the "they hate their coach" comment, when Bill was approached in public by the unfortunate idiot who uttered that - who happened to be a high profile ESPN football analyst, he told him to go F himself...

Before going on a speculative diatribe questioning the respect of Vrabel I suggest you research the context of such a statement. In addition, instead of basing your supposition on snippets specifically chosen by sportswriters to further an agenda, listen to the quote. Note its tone.

Does a context redefine the term "washed up"? It is what it is: A snipe.

Beyond that, you can have reverence for the history of the game without caring about the opinions of retired players and coaches who are, indeed, actively rooting against your team.

Nobody here is suggesting that we agree with anybody who is rooting hard against us. This isn't about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about sniping in a manner which we usually associate with the Bengals or other immature team.

Shula does not get a free pass for making petty, ill-informed comments about a team that is challenging a record once set by his club. I would assume someone so revered would have more respect for himself and the league than to further the image of his club as being vindictive, childish, and egocentric.

I agree with you about Shula, but that is exactly making my point about Mike Vrabel. Let other people from other teams get the hoof-in-mouth disease.

Petty and ungracious is exactly what Shula is ..... Vrabes just called him on it.

Shula acted like a pissant, but this is the Patriots and Patriots don't piss gasoline on media fires. The Patriots let other people make fools of themselves. Well, at least until now.

ow everybody here wants to grant Mike a pass, as if the rules have suddenly changed. I say that this was a major faux-pas, the rule has not changed, Mike is going to have his ass handed to him by Bill, and nobody should be glad about a media pissing contest for which Bengals types are known.

So Shula is in the gutter. If you want to pop him as a fan, that's fine. But a player? Are you kidding me? Players on this team do not pop people in the media until now. This breaks all the rules since 2000.

My prediction is that this will not happen again no matter how bad the venom gets. It is a distraction from the field where they should do their speaking, and that statement is 100% consistent with what you and everybody else in Patriots Nation have been harping about for seven years. Suddenly you're willing to throw it all out?

Bill won't throw it all out. I am quite sure he'll take Mike aside and tell him that the team doesn't need media pissing contests.

Don't go into the gutter with Shula. Don't do it. If you go there then everything you said since 2000 about the high road is all BS.

I think the 8.5 have gone to his head.

You forgot about the 47 tackles, 10 QB hits, 4 forced fumbles (all recovered by NE) and 2 TD catches.......and we still have 7 games to go.

Can you say defensive MVP?

Shula should shut up and do his fans a favor and die with a little dignity left.

Bill won't throw it all out. I am quite sure he'll take Mike aside and tell him that the team doesn't need media pissing contests.

Bet you he didn't.

It was a stupid thing to say because a war of words accomplishes nothing. Just say 'he thinks what he thinks' and move on. It's not like Shula represents this current Dolphin team so it's just a stupid thing to fixate on.

So yeah I wish Vrabel hadn't said it.

Now that is butt-funny.

Note: The butt in butt-funny is not to be confused with the butt in butt-ugly. The latter is ugly, and the former is very funny.

I have a feeling you qualify for both ugly and stupid. 2 strikes.

Last edited:
Much like the Boston media, you have built up an ideal of what you believe this team is or stands for. Vrabel was not dissing an opponent or creating potential bulletin board material based on his ego. Are you aware that after the "they hate their coach" comment, when Bill was approached in public by the unfortunate idiot who uttered that - who happened to be a high profile ESPN football analyst, he told him to go F himself...

Let's not confuse what Bill said off the record to something a player says on the record.

It is not my ideal that this team is better than a media pissing contest. That is the Patriots' ideal, and they have repeated that theme ad-nauseum for seven years.

Or are you saying that I am making that up?

I'm sorry, what's being "made up" here is a bunch of excuses. Of course it's cool to have somebody call Shula a windbag, but that is not the job of the players. It never was, never will be, and I'm just calling it out that Mike violated the rule.

Let's not confuse what Bill said off the record to something a player says on the record.

It is not my ideal that this team is better than a media pissing contest. That is the Patriots' ideal, and they have repeated that theme ad-nauseum for seven years.

I'm sorry, what's being "made up" here is a bunch of excuses. Of course it's cool to have somebody call Shula a windbag, but that is not the job of the players. It never was, never will be, and I'm just calling it out that Mike violated the rule.

Hey troll, I hate to tell you this bit................ No one here gives a **** what your opinion is. STFU

So Shula is in the gutter. If you want to pop him as a fan, that's fine. But a player? Are you kidding me? Players on this team do not pop people in the media until now. This breaks all the rules since 2000.

My prediction is that this will not happen again no matter how bad the venom gets. It is a distraction from the field where they should do their speaking, and that statement is 100% consistent with what you and everybody else in Patriots Nation have been harping about for seven years. Suddenly you're willing to throw it all out?

Don't go into the gutter with Shula. Don't do it. If you go there then everything you said since 2000 about the high road is all BS.

Bill never said anything about the high road. That was all just media spin. Bill could give two ****s about popping media people. He also backed Brady when he told Schottenheimer he should concern himself with his own team and not comment on theirs because they had a coach.

What have you been, a fan for like a couple of months...

The rule? There's a rule now? Give me a break and get off your high horse. Mike Vrabel is an experienced vet who BB loves. There's no freakin "rule" Vrabel is breaking.

Your a Colts fan, which qualifies you as the resident expert on excuse making on this site tonight.

Are you looking for a handshake and a hug from Norv Turner after you lose to the Bolts?

Last edited:
FrontSeven, have you even listened to the interview? I don't think you have.

I also find it quite humorous that you think you know how Belichick feels about this situation. One person has taken what Vrabel said, distorted it, ignored its context (as you are guilty of doing) and wrote a lousy article about it. If anything I would assume Belichick posts that article in the locker room (no... seriously). It was a nothing remark made in response to people attacking the integrity of the team and its accomplishments.

Frankly, your posts in this thread are ridiculously overblown and failing in reasoning. There has been no precedent set concerning this situation, so how could Vrabel have broken "all the rules since 2000?"

This is not Vrabel guaranteeing a win, nor is it him saying anyone sucks. It is Vrabel voicing his opinion that players and coaches from seasons past do not effect their play on the field. Shula is old, and those players are washed up. Now get over it and stop trying to perpetuate the myth that the Patriots are above speaking their minds.

And if you knew as much about this team as you think you would, you would know that the team doesn't talk trash before games because they don't want to give the opposition any unneeded motivation.

Last edited:
Joker is a big Vrabel fan

FrontSeven, seems to me your misinformed, you take what the media writes and except it as fact. If you heard the interview, which I doubt, you won't have wrote what you did and looked kinda uninformed. The Pats have to hear all kinds of crap being said about them and they have reporters always trying to get them to say something in reaction. What Mike V said wasn't as bad as your making it out to be. What Shula said deserved the backlash he got, even players from that 72 team have separated themselves from Shula's comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back