PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Vrabel should shut up and play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petty and ungracious is exactly what Shula is. Look at this way if Mother Teresa(may she rest in peace) had walked up to you and slapped you in the face, would you say "What a sweet lady who who has done so much for the poor." Or would you say, "Hey, This crazy old bag just slapped me!" I have always thought there was 2 kinds of respect 1.Walking around respect-which is respect built up by past deeds. The kind that makes people respect you who have never met you. 2.Man to Man(or woman) respect- The kind you make anew(or lose) everytime you interact with others. Shula had the former but lacked the latter. Vrabes just called him on it.

Vrabel called Shula an "Old Coach", but he WAS NOT REFFERING TO THE '72 DOLPHINS WHEN HE SAID "WASHED UP PLAYERS". He was referring to the Washed up players (Steve Young, Chris Collinsworth, Emmitt Smith etc.) who keep flapping their gums about it.

Be a fan of the Pats for what they are not what you want them to be.

What the hell was Mike thinking? Calling retired champions "washed up" is about as childish a comment as I've ever heard. Coming from a champion like Mike I find that too weird. Was that comment taken out of context? I am disappointed that there is no context in which it was given. I find it very hard to believe that anybody could be that ungracious with the champions who hold the record that has stood all this time.

I remember at the time I was glad that an AFC team did it. Young people don't remember the battle for the AFC to establish an identity but that was a huge agenda for a long time. The NFC did dominate aside from the Dolphins and Raiders (and the Steelers didn't count.) The Dolphins put the new AFC teams on the map.

Do we just forget what these guys meant to the game? Do we just throw them away as irrelevant now that we have our turn in the sun? How freaking ungracious and small of Mike Vrabel. I think the 8.5 have gone to his head.

These guys always talk about Humbe Pie and the High Road and then when they get their buttons pushed a little they are just like everybody that they skewer.

Let's not confuse the Dolphins' players with their coach. Some of the players like Kuch and Mercury Morris are taking opinons that are 180 degrees from their coach. And even their coach has gone back on himself, so who the hell has to complain about those guys? This is perhaps the biggest record in the sport, it's being challenged, and we're going to ruin it by acting like little boys with hurt feelings? Amazing.

Well, Mike, you may be less washed up than the guys who got their first, but I don't know how. The record is still not washed up, and that's pretty relevant. Can you set a record that won't be equalled over the span of seven presidents? I hope you do, but I also hope you have the class to show your respect for the guys that got their first. Give them their last moment on the mountain alone until, and if, you can grab 19-0. Then it's your turn and we know you don't want to be called irrelevant 30 years from now when you're bent over and crippled. You want people to recognize what you did in your prime, so please recognize what they did in their primes.

The '72 Dolphins are not washed up, and their record proves it. Anybody making public predictions about it from the Patriots organization is not welcome in my book. I've been taught to think this way by the Patriots. Are you a Patriots or not?

Is this a joke? If so, thanks I got a laugh out of it. If not, go F yourself.

I think NFL players are getting tired of Shula's act. Every year he comes out and says how the current undefeated team will never be as good as the '72 Dolphins. I'm glad Mike called them "washed up" because they are. I was hoping he would call them more names. The '72 Dolphins wouldn't stand a chance against any of the current teams in the NFL.

Last edited:
Vrabel IS playing. Quite well in fact.

And you should shut up.

MOGA! MOGA! MOGA!....MOGA ME MICK!!

what Stallone really said in the Rocky movie

Last edited:
Be a fan of the Pats for what they are not what you want them to be.

Post of the decade. Not nearly enough of that sentiment around here lately. :rocker:

You young whipper-snappers with your Rock N' Roll music and your long hair need to respect Shula.

Troll, pseudotroll, just mixed up?

The line for the coffee is straight ahead.
The line for the alchohol is to the left.
The line for the prozac is to the right.

Get in one quickly...HURRY!

Last edited:
So you are saying that 60 year old players aren't washed up?

I think it's a mutual agreement that "washed up" describes a player who no longer has it, but is still trying to or play.

If it was someone on the Jets, or the Dolphins who said what Shula said, no one would of got a response to it out of Vrabel or anyone else on the team, not until at the very least after the game and probably not until after the season is over.

_FrontSeven_ should definitely STFU :)

You young whipper-snappers with your Rock N' Roll music and your long hair need to respect Shula.

Now that is butt-funny.

Note: The butt in butt-funny is not to be confused with the butt in butt-ugly. The latter is ugly, and the former is very funny.

Is it possible that Mike is mad because every old washed up player/coach is lining up for the opportunity to kick the Pats in the balls? F them! Black Flag their asses too!

calm down...I'm the resident psychopath on these threads...you trying to take my job????

calm down...I'm the resident psychopath on these threads...you trying to take my job????

Sorry Pal..when you look up Psychopat in the dictionary, that will be my picture you are looking at!

and a fine picture it tis, lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye