PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vick is a great running back not QB. His passer rating is subpar to say the least. He sell seats and that is why he is the starting QB. His back up QB, Matt Schaub is a far better passer but I guess the organization rather sell seats than win SB. I can almost guarantee the Falcons will never make it to the SB with Vick as the starter.

I've said since day one that Vick wouldn't be a great QB. It's all about him. He doesn't work hard and doesn't put in the time and effort that's needed to be a truely successful QB. Will he continue to tease with his talent? Sure. But until he takes ATL to the next level and makes the franchise an elite team I'll continue to be in the anti Vick camp.

AtlantaPatsfan: I've said since day one that Vick wouldn't be a great QB. It's all about him

Never say never.

He could still develop into a great QB. Mostly unlikely; but possible.

pats-blue: He also threw 2 INTs this game and like you said he was above avg QB this game.

He was also playing against the squeelers. Whatever else you want to say they are a very good defense. 2 ints not good; but somewhat understandable.

"Above average" for all the hype and 13 million a year? Isn't he the highest paid player in the game?

Well I'm sure if you go to Arthur Blank and ask him he would tell you every dollar was worth it. But of course he is paying Vick not just for production on the field. He is paying him for the fact that they have sold a million Falcons jersey's as a result of drafting him - not just Vick jerseys but other players too. He gets a cut off of each one.

And more importantly - that he finally filled the stadium for the first time when he drafted vick. Since he filled the stadium he can now broadcast the game locally and BINGO there is more local advertising revenue even if it is just stadium billboard time.

Well, anyway I agree with you that he is over-promoted and all that; but just recognize where it comes from.......the falcons need to promote him because they couldn't build the fan base solely with on-field success; that was too hard a road to go up.

mtbykr said:
He played well but the squeelers made some terrible mental mistakes (especially polamalu) If the squealers would have "stayed home" so to say, they would have been a lot more succesful--but instead they kept trying to pursue vick and let him beat them.

I noticed that too. What the hell were the Steeler's thinking not trying to contain Vick in the pocket? They were very undisciplined in their rush and blitzing and played right into Vick's strengh.

Who Doesn't Have Limitations?

NEM said:
I watched the highlights of that game and was very surprised.
Mike Vick is a tremendous talent, but I have never considered him to have bonafide NFL Quarterback abilities as a passer. And, I always felt he took way too much into his own hands.
Tday, I watched the highlights and it seemed to me that, for one of the very few times, he used his pocket well, instead of making a quick exit to run the ball, and his passes were hard, straight and on target.
We might be on the verge of seeing a NEW Michael Vick.l

....and the real Michael Vick may not show up until he's 31 or so.
i like that arm. he also seems to be able to throw accurate passes from off-balance positions.
IMHO he's a World-Class athlete. could've been in the 2004 Olympic finals in the 100-meter dash. or speedskating. would make a great pentathlete, summer or winter.
hell if i had him on my depth chart i wouldn't know what to do with him either. looks like every position on the field is limiting to him.

Maybe he's not smart enough to be a classic drop back passer.

But his rollout right or left and throw on the fly is a sight to behold. He can flick his wrist and rifle it. Tough to defend that kind of velocity and accuracy.

Maybe they have to adjust the offense to him instead of vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back