PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Shanahan benches Griffin, makes Cousins Washington Redskins starting QB

Shanahan is one of the most overrated coaches ever. He's won one playoff game in his non SB winning seasons

The one playoff win was against the Patriots when Champ Bailey ran back the 100-yard interception for a TD. Nightmare.

Shannahan is making Rex Ryan's life a bit easier lately.

Funny you mention Rex if the 5 families determine the vig at the corner pizza shop isn’t enough since sexy had his lap-band and they decided to whack him I could totally envision Daniel Snyder hiring him to coach his outfit down in DC.

The one playoff win was against the Patriots when Champ Bailey ran back the 100-yard interception for a TD. Nightmare.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes…:blush:

The Washington Redskins are like a perpetual dumpster fire. At least their ridiculous drama is a pleasant distraction from actual problems in my life.

That could very well be the case but I think you take the shot. It could result in anything from

"He is who we thought he was"

or

"He gets the Matt Flynn/Schaub treatment"

or

"Nothing changes at all"

Perhaps he lights it up and now RG3 becomes expendable (I don't think even the poorly run Redskins would consider that after a 3 game trial but you never know)
With the pathetic offensive line of the Redskins, Cousins will be lucky to finish those three games in one piece. If he wins even one game, given the complete disarray of the organization, his jersey should be sent to Canton.

Dan Snyder makes it easy to have no feeling of empathy toward the Redskins current plight.

Dan Snyder makes it easy to have no feeling of empathy toward the Redskins current plight.

Snyder is his own worst enemy. His meddling has consistently screwed that franchise. While some believe he uncharacteristically deferred everything to the Shanahan regime, we don't know that for certain.

Nope. His grimy hands are ALL over the team. Shanny is getting sick of it. Has been for a while.

Shanahan, hired by Snyder in January 2010 and seventh coach hired during his ownership, assumed full control over player personnel and had the final say in Redskins team matters.

Washington Redskins Owner Daniel Snyder's 'Hands Off' Approach Worked for Team | Bleacher Report

"It's a whole change of atmosphere here," center Casey Rabach said. "It's not just a change of coach. With Bruce Allen coming in, Vinny out, Mr. Snyder being more hands-off and letting these guys do it, I think that's the biggest change."

Redskins: Shanahan -- Not Snyder -- Calls The Shots | wusa9.com

Others have been reporting about it in recent days, as well.

Another scrambling quarterback who's rapidly becoming a mess. I don't see the fascination.

"Please, give me a quarterback who only has about 3-5 good years, who wears down at the end of the season because his legs are shot! That'll be fantastic!"

Another scrambling quarterback who's rapidly becoming a mess. I don't see the fascination.

"Please, give me a quarterback who only has about 3-5 good years, who wears down at the end of the season because his legs are shot! That'll be fantastic!"
And who has had two torn ACLs in the same knee.

Yeah, let's give up every number one draft pick we have and ever will have! Great idea, guys!

I realize he tore it a second time after that whole transaction had taken place but even leading up to the ultimate injury, people in this area wanted this kid in bubble wrap just in case. And their worst fears happened. The thing is you didn't have to be Nostradamus to foresee it.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 54s
Surveyed 6 GMs to see what #Redskins could get for Kirk Cousins if they traded him: Everyone believes a 2nd, not a 1st. Audition time.

This kid, one year removed from being a 4th round pick, played what, 2 games, and could now fetch a 2nd rounder?

Meanwhile, Mallett backs up Tom Brady for three years, is a former 3rd round pick, and can't fetch anything. :mad:

Seriously, what has Cousins done?

This kid, one year removed from being a 4th round pick, played what, 2 games, and could now fetch a 2nd rounder?

Meanwhile, Mallett backs up Tom Brady for three years, is a former 3rd round pick, and can't fetch anything. :mad:

Gruden has a hard on for him and is consistently pimping him when the Redskins are brought up. Media perception is a wonderful tool.

He's gone 3-1 as the QB of record, completed over 68% of his passes and had a QB rating of 106.

Mallett's gone 1 for 4 with an INT

Umm he has thrown 4 TDs and 5 INTs in his career; not to mention his second year leap has been second to none he is following up his 68.8% CMP% and 101.6 RAT as a rookie with a 48% COMP% and 26.6 RAT this year. If that doesn’t scream first round draft value to you then you don’t know football.:der:

The progression (or regression) of Griffin has been remarkable. Last year, he seemed humble and likable. Then came the off season ego trip and whining. Now, relegated to the bench.

RG3 to RG-ME to QB3

He's gone 3-1 as a starter, completed over 68% of his passes and had a QB rating of 106.

Mallett's gone 1 for 4 with an INT

Kirk Cousins has started 1 game in his career which was last season against the Browns on 12/16/12 in that game he was: 26/37, 329 yards, 70.3% comp%, 2 TDs, 1INT.

Outside of that one start he has come of relief of RGIII 5 times over his 2 season and his last 3 appearances since his big game starting against the Browns have been poor to say it nicely.

• 10/7/12 vs. ATL: 5/9, 111 yards, 55.6% comp%, 1 TD, 2 INTs
  • 12/9/12 vs. BAL: 2/2, 26 yards, 100% comp%, 1 TD, 0 INTs
  • 1/6/13 vs. SEA: 3/10, 31 yards, 30% comp%, 0 TDs, 0 INTs
  • 10/27/13 @ DEN: 5/9, 48 yards, 55.6% comp%, 0 TDs, 2 INTs
  • 12/8/13 vs. KC: 7/16, 59 yards, 43.8% comp%, 0 TDS, 0 INTs

Overall his career stats are 45/73, 573 yards, 61.6% comp%, 4 TDs, 5 INTs, 75.9 RAT.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back