PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss Writes a Fine Column Today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2007/07/22/tackling_the_tough_questions/?page=full

And other days, and today's was chuck full of nuts and bolts football stuff, good quotes, thoughtful insight, etc. Outside of his fine talent, what stands out about the Globe's new lead football writer, unlike the departed one, is that Reiss is not possessed by any smug or cynical attitudes toward the fans. He likes football, knows we do too and leaves it at that. Any gripes about the 'media' need to be tempered with recognition of the craft and spirit of Mike Reiss.

Last edited:
I didn't know that Otis wasn't back with our coaching staff.

and other days, and today's was chuck full of nuts and bolts football stuff, good quotes, thoughtful insight, etc. Outside of his fine talent, what stands out about the Globe's new lead football writer, unlike the departed one, is that Reiss is not possessed by any smug or cynical attitudes toward the fans. He likes football, knows we do too and leaves it at that. Any gripes about the 'media' need to be tempered with recognition of the craft and spirit of Mike Reiss.
Amen. It's nice to read someone with no agenda other than passing on news and tips from the NFL.

Please feel free to infuriate me by not posting a link.

Sincerely,
Patsox23 on the rag (but still - come on. God.)

Last edited:
Agh, sorry, I just figured everyone had read it by now!! ;) ;) ;)

I didn't know that Otis wasn't back with our coaching staff.

Not officially though. He came back as part of the NFL's minority coaching program last training camp (with Fred Baxter) and apparently stuck with the team. But he wasn't on last year's yearbook, final press release, or in their 2007 team photos.

Agh, sorry, I just figured everyone had read it by now!! ;) ;) ;)

No problem. Don't mind me, I'm just kind of pis$$y lately. Thank you for bringing it to my/our attention at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye