PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss: Patriots Still An Elite Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Bill Belichick was surprised when the Patriots were in the Superbowl. He figured they would be able to be a contender a year later.

I remember being thrilled with an 8-8 or 9-7 season. So funny how expectations are altered with and unbelieveable amount of success.

To be honest, I saw 11-5 all over this team with a mad rush at the end of the season.

I see our next 3 games against weak pass defenses (Ten, Tampa, Miami) as opportunities for Tom and the offense to get its mojo back for the war in Indy. If we're 6-2 going to Indy, and beat them, we'll be on our way to the AFC Championship game.

QB12

The best post of the thread, by far. We're in the soft part of the schedule that most of us have been begging for as fans, and Brady has been begging for as our QB. If there was ever a part in our schedule that Brady needs in order to get the kinks worked out of his game, it's these next three games. Tennessee's secondary is injured, but even before that it was exposed as being nothing but average after the loss of Haynesworth and, subsequently, their pass rush. I have confidence in our line to be able to block Vanden-Bosch and the gang. Tampa Bay, I don't even need to touch on. They are just awful. As for Miami, if we can block Wake, Porter, and Taylor, Brady should have enough time to light up a weak secondary.

The problem with this team is that Brady hasn't been up to his usual snuff to cover up for the holes on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. If there is a three game set in this schedule where Brady can correct his mechanical and mental issues, it is these three games. We should be able to roll into Indy at 6-2 without a problem. I still have all the confidence in the world that we are going to end our season in Miami this year, hoisting the Lombardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back