PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Reiss' latest mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two players who I'm projecting will interest the Patriots in free agency are receiver Brian Finneran (Falcons) and -- like e-mailer Tony Amero of Susanville, Calif., suggested -- safety Adam Archuleta (Rams). I've been a fan of the 30-year-old Finneran (6-foot-5, 217 pounds) since he came out of Villanova and have followed his career closely. According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Finneran earned an incentive in his contract that voided the final year of his deal and makes him a free agent. He had 50 catches with the Falcons in 2005, just five fewer than Joe Jurevicius had with the Seahawks.
I hadn't heard this... very interesting, I'd move Finneran right up the list of FAs that I want to talk to. I'd rather him over Randle-El or Bryant.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I hadn't heard this... very interesting, I'd move Finneran right up the list of FAs that I want to talk to. I'd rather him over Randle-El or Bryant.

Fascinating.

In the game against us ... with Schwab pitching ... Finneran was a horse.

50 catches playing for (quoting Peerless Price) Nebraska is impressive.

Reiss loves Archuleta. I just don't see it. He is a total liability in pass coverage. He's a tweener. He has safety size but ILB skills. Great as the 8th man in the box but that is all he brings. Doesn't fit the versatility we like in our defensive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots