Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For those who can make it . . .

Last edited:
Can someone please ask him why he didn't report the whole AP story on McGinest and just focused on the positive stuff? I know if Borges did this the other way we would be going crazy. Reiss reported that McGinest reluctantly gave up his number but said Seau made it what is was at USC. However, he left out the quote that was the entire story when McGinest said about if he went to San Diego, 55 wouldn't have even been an option. Just more unbiased reporting from Mike Reiss. Seriously, does he still get a paycheck from PFW because he's less objective than the people who work for the team. The story is what McGinest said about his number and Reiss totally left it out. Embarassing reporting. Maybe he was too busy joining the Bill Belichick kiss my ass club but I thought he was already the president.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Can someone please ask him why he didn't report the whole AP story on McGinest and just focused on the positive stuff? I know if Borges did this the other way we would be going crazy. Reiss reported that McGinest reluctantly gave up his number but said Seau made it what is was at USC. However, he left out the quote that was the entire story when McGinest said about if he went to San Diego, 55 wouldn't have even been an option. Just more unbiased reporting from Mike Reiss. Seriously, does he still get a paycheck from PFW because he's less objective than the people who work for the team. The story is what McGinest said about his number and Reiss totally left it out. Embarassing reporting. Maybe he was too busy joining the Bill Belichick kiss my ass club but I thought he was already the president.
Classic post. Maybe after your done being a tough guy wannabe on the internet you can go outside and beat up some children.

SeanBruschi54 said:
where..............
I don't have a link but if you go to the Globe's Patriots page I'm sure there will be one there ahead of time.

I'm Ron Borges? said:

That is a stupid post.

I'm sure that you won't take offense to that because I'm only trying to be objective and not kiss your ass.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Classic post. Maybe after your done being a tough guy wannabe on the internet you can go outside and beat up some children.

Who did I say I was going to beat up? I made a post on Reiss report and how he slanted it. How can you be that offended by that post? Are you in love with Mike Reiss? However if you have a problem like that, you can always PM me and we can take care of this on our own time.

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
That is a stupid post.

I'm sure that you won't take offense to that because I'm only trying to be objective and not kiss your ass.

Why is it stupid? Defend your opinion. I backed up my argument. You just say it's stupid. Where are your facts? Reiss once again left out information because he doesn't want to say anything negative about the team and what they're doing. There is my argument. What is yours?

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Wait...you really are Ron Borges. At least there is one person in town who isnt a total jackass reporter like everyone else. Why the hell does it matter if he left out a part? Willie McGinnest is just being an ***** hole, why post all the crap he said? Willie can go have fun with his new money.

Last edited:
I'm Ron Borges? said:
Who did I say I was going to beat up? I made a post on Reiss report and how he slanted it. How can you be that offended by that post? Are you in love with Mike Reiss? However if you have a problem like that, you can always PM me and we can take care of this on our own time.
No, i said your an internet tough guy who will probably go outside and beat up some children.

The post is horrible Reiss is the only Patriots reporter to always come out and have more news first than most other reporters. Also Reiss more often than not sees things from a fans point of view and doesnt have to go out of there way to bash everything that the Patriots do. That would be Ron Borges in the most extreme example. Nothing can be done right.

I would send you a PM but im afraid of the dumb responses i would get.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Why is it stupid? Defend your opinion. I backed up my argument.

I know, that's why it's stupid. And you don't have to explain stupid, it just is.

Now, I'm just trying to be objective, so I don't know why you are upset about it.

Ron, have you punched out any infirmed, today?

SeanBruschi54 said:
No, i said your an internet tough guy who will probably go outside and beat up some children.

The post is horrible Reiss is the only Patriots reporter to always come out and have more news first than most other reporters. Also Reiss more often than not sees things from a fans point of view and doesnt have to go out of there way to bash everything that the Patriots do. That would be Ron Borges in the most extreme example. Nothing can be done right.

I would send you a PM but im afraid of the dumb responses i would get.

Actually, I've got to agree w/ Ron here.

Reiss does have a lot of news first... but why do you think that is? It's because he's given unrivaled access to the team and is often fed advance info by the Pats media reps. In order to keep this access, Reiss seems all too willing to play the role of a "party organ" and report with a strong pro-company bias. He stonewalls stories about injuries until the Pats FO is ready to release something, he reports only the contract negotiation details the Pats FO wants out there, and he pretty much never digs around anything the franchise doesn't want him to.

In a way, you can't blame him. His blog is a valuable service to Pats fans. The kind of access he get enables him to give us the kind of up-close, in depth (if censored) look at the Pats operation -- and somebody has to toe the line to get it, so it might as well be him.

Still, I hold a lot more respect for guys like Tomase. He's a digger. He was way out in front on the story of Bruschi's wrist injury, and has been shown to be 100% correct. Do you think that's going to earn him any favors from the Pats FO? No. But he reported it anyway, because he's a real journalist. Yes, it could make his job harder down the line -- this is part of the reason why I respect him. Reporters like Tomase's jobs are much harder than guys like Reiss, who most of time is just paraphrasing a release.

Mike_Reiss: Getting ready to roll here. Been a busy day here at Gillette Stadium, with Bill Belichick's press conference (10:45 a.m.), players speaking in the locker room (11:15-11:55 a.m.), and then access to practice (1 p.m.) for stretching and individual drills. Offensive tackle Nick Kaczur returned to practice, as did linebacker Monty Beisel and safety Rodney Harrison. It's a full-pads workout. Players drawing a lot of attention in the locker room included Harrison, Kaczur and linebacker Junior Seau. In practice, Seau was working in individual drills next to Mike Vrabel on the inside.

Sammime: have you heard rumors that Deion Branch may fire his agent? Don't you think that it would be better for him to start over with someone new?
Mike_Reiss: I did hear those rumors. Checked with the NFL Players Association this morning and they still have the same agent on file as representing Deion Branch. That paperwork can sometimes be slow to be processed, so it's possible that it's true. But I haven't been able to confirm that.

SaCaCh said:
Sammime: have you heard rumors that Deion Branch may fire his agent? Don't you think that it would be better for him to start over with someone new?
Mike_Reiss: I did hear those rumors. Checked with the NFL Players Association this morning and they still have the same agent on file as representing Deion Branch. That paperwork can sometimes be slow to be processed, so it's possible that it's true. But I haven't been able to confirm that.
Did he hear them from someone else besides ****erson? :eek:

go_pats: How does harrison look in practice to you? Will he be ready for opening day against the Bills?
Mike_Reiss: Harrison looks good when he's cutting, but the key is how he responds to contact. He was asked today if he's absorbed his first contact yet and he said he had. Later, he took back those comments.

The thing didn't work for me! Just gave me an error. oh well.

cw: With Players like Ben Watson, David Thomas, and Garrett Mills, are the Pats looking to trade Graham or possibly not even resigning him at the end of the year?

Mike_Reiss: Don't see that happening. I think the Patriots value Graham in a big way. He adds a great deal to the offense as a pass catcher and blocker. In fact, if he were to hit free agency, I think he'd be one of those players who gets signed on the first weekend. In my opinion, he's one of the game's more underrated players.
FINALLY someone said it. Graham is valuable to the Patriots very valuable. And for you recieving tight end stat lovers, Graham is the best Patriots tight end all around.

I laughed when Mike was asked who would have the most receptions and he said Asante Samuel. :D

Obviously it was a mistake but I actually thought it would have been a wise guy answer. Since the Patriots really dont have many big name recievers who will get many catches. And afterall Samuel looks to be an INT machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back