PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Pereira Discusses New Umpire Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
(hey, it was a non-football Sunday in late August. EVERYBODY was a little ornery yesterday. Kontra needed a release someplace after all. You were just the guy who chose to go toe-to-toe. Notice, he was around after the golf ended and before the Steelers game started. I guarantee that won't happen 2 sundays from now. lol.)
Well I never got to see those posts so I guess I'm out of luck. Personally I don't see how an individual doing everything he can to change the subject scores points on this issue, but to each his own...

Last edited:
Ahh, tha both of yuz both were takin' personal shots and retaliating.
Since there was no smash mouth footbawl yesterday, I had ta settle for some smash mouth Pat Fan pissin' contest. Both of ya couldn't restrain yer Sunday afternoon testosterone with no games to watch.
I just sat back and watched the festivities. I mean, yesterday blew SOO badly without football, and t.v. was as bad as it gets.... pathetically enough, this here Kontra vs. Wolfpack thingie was the hottest ticket in town.

I just skimmed right past the actual football talk in those posts and was hunting down the personal shots.

The best one was right towards the end when Kontra is thinking you were already blocked from posting while the mod chose to still leave him open to post. That was some "The Mighty Kontradiction" thinkng, lemme tell ya. I LOVED that comment.
And the other good one was Kontra going,"Hold on. Don't lock it down yet. I'm just about to drop the hammer on Wolfpack over here. Gimme a few minutes more"

"Drop the hammer". Whoa! Kontra's gettin' all Greek mythological Thor-like on yer arse.

All in all, I gotta say, I DO havta score the bout to Kontra in a split decision.

"And the winner... and STILL reigning champeen.... Kontradiction! Suck ma ****tion!"

(hey, it was a non-football Sunday in late August. EVERYBODY was a little ornery yesterday. Kontra needed a release someplace after all. You were just the guy who chose to go toe-to-toe. Notice, he was around after the golf ended and before the Steelers game started. I guarantee that won't happen 2 sundays from now. lol.)

Damn man, you might need some help. :eek: Anyway, in the best interest of this thread, I'll stay out of the pissing contests. I made my point known and posted the evidence with links to back it up. Now in the best interests of all involved, I'll drop it and stick with my stance about the new rule.

Last edited:
Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Considering that you were going off on people before I'd finally had enough, you just prove you don't know what you are talking about. But that is your M.O.

Wow, look at that. Both boxers right next to one another. It's like the behavior you see the day after a big prizefight. You know, where both men are no longer all riled up and they're tuckered out and they're at the press conference sitting down all pooped-out with sun glasses covering up their black eyes and stuff. lol!

ima like the little grey-haired blue-collared loser guy in the grey sweatshirt and the worn out baseball cap. You know, the little peon corner guy who gives the water to the big intimidating heavyweight. The average joe guy who pours it right into the boxers mouth from right out of a masking tape covered bottle. You know, the guy who climbs into the ring in-between rounds and waves a towel in front of the fighter sitting down on the stool to cool him off.

(ehh ha ha. okay. ima finished now.)

Please don't pay any attention to dabruinz' lies. When asked to provide another example, I made mention of the Saints game where they got called for the penalty twice (Ramsey) and Payton was beside himself in frustration.

I admit this new rule is not going to impact most teams because most teams don't run the hurry up offense as part of their regular scheme. I just think it's a shame that now the hurry up is illegal until the 2 minute warnings.

I didn't lie. Just because you have a reading comprehension issue, doesn't mean that I do. You were asked if another QB had a problem with the new rule. That means has another QB openly voiced their frustration. NOT has another QB been flagged for it. You failed and have continued to fail to provide another QB who has voiced their frustration over the new rule.

The hurry up is NOT illegal until the 2 minute warning. That is you, again, not knowing what you are talking about. Which was the whole crux of the issue most people had with you in the other thread. That you can't be bothered to actually READ what is posted. YOU infer on everything and purposely take it out of context.

Wow, look at that. Both boxers right next to one another. It's like the behavior you see the day after a big prizefight. You know, where both men are no longer all riled up and they're tuckered out and they're at the press conference sitting down all pooped-out with sun glasses covering up their black eyes and stuff. lol!

ima like the little grey-haired blue-collared loser guy in the grey sweatshirt and the worn out baseball cap. You know, the little peon corner guy who gives the water to the big intimidating heavyweight. The average joe guy who pours it right into the boxers mouth from right out of a masking tape covered bottle. You know, the guy who climbs into the ring in-between rounds and waves a towel in front of the fighter sitting down on the stool to cool him off.

(ehh ha ha. okay. ima finished now.)

More like "PM'ed" out in my case.

popcorn.gif

I didn't lie. Just because you have a reading comprehension issue, doesn't mean that I do. You were asked if another QB had a problem with the new rule. That means has another QB openly voiced their frustration. NOT has another QB been flagged for it. You failed and have continued to fail to provide another QB who has voiced their frustration over the new rule.
You obviously didn't watch the Saints game the other night. And you obviously didn't read the first few pages of that last thread because you felt it necessary to make no fewer than 4 posts calling me all sorts of personal attacks, falsely accusing me of not knowing the rule that defenses can substitute if the offense substitutes.

And now instead of just saying "hey I was wrong when I said you didn't know the substitution rules" you are stubbornly trying to press the issue.

I've made my statements and I stand by them. And it pisses a lot of people off that my statements were echoed last night by Buck, Aikman and Pereira. I guess they are all Manning rumpswabs too?

You obviously didn't watch the Saints game the other night. And you obviously didn't read the first few pages of that last thread because you felt it necessary to make no fewer than 4 posts calling me all sorts of personal attacks, falsely accusing me of not knowing the rule that defenses can substitute if the offense substitutes.

And now instead of just saying "hey I was wrong when I said you didn't know the substitution rules" you are stubbornly trying to press the issue.

I've made my statements and I stand by them. And it pisses a lot of people off that my statements were echoed last night by Buck, Aikman and Pereira. I guess they are all Manning rumpswabs too?

And the clip demonstrates, conclusively, that your argument is crap. It's really that simple. BTW, having a whistle isn't exactly what you were calling for as a solution, so your statements weren't actually "echoed".

Last edited:
And the clip demonstrates, conclusively, that your argument is crap. It's really that simple.
I disagree. And so does Mike Pereira.

Let me say that again: One of the men who was instrumental in implementing this new rule prior to resigning as the NFL's head of officiating agrees with me that it needs to be tweaked because it does have a noticable (and unintended) impact on the offense.

I'll take Mike Pereira's opinion on this matter over yours, thank you very much. It's really that simple.

Last edited:
I disagree. And so does Mike Pereira.

Let me say that again: One of the men who was instrumental in implementing this new rule prior to resigning as the NFL's head of officiating agrees with me that it needs to be tweaked because it does have a noticable (and unintended) impact on the offense.

I'll take Mike Pereira's opinion on this matter over yours, thank you very much. It's really that simple.

Pereira didn't disagree about the video, because he didn't adress it, and you still haven't bothered trying to refute it.

Then again, the video is irrefutable and your argument is garbage. Could there be a tweak in the rule? Sure. Is it needed? Obviously not.

Last edited:
YOU just posted "many (Patriot fans at this site) did you not?

there's 13, 561 ,members of Patsfans.com

I'll be generous and say 20 % are not Pats fans

That leaves over 10,000 Pats fans here of which over 50%, if YOU are to be believed, do not care about the new rule. That would mean well over 5000 members fit YOUR stated parameters. Name five you freakin' psychopath.

Wow! Time to make the switch to decaf?

Is this guy Troy Browns brother?

popcorn.gif

Pereira didn't disagree about the video, because he didn't adress it, and you still haven't bothered trying to refute it.

Then again, the video is irrefutable and your argument is garbage. Could there be a tweak in the rule? Sure. Is it needed? Obviously not.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But like I said before, I'll take the opinion over Pereira, the guy who was instrumental in fashioning the rule in the first place, over yours.

I guess you know more about officiating that Pereira does? His argument must be garbage too since he and I pretty much have the exact same statements.

Spagnuolo believes quarterbacks who frequently run no-huddle attacks such as Indianapolis’ Peyton Manning and New England’s Tom Brady won’t be greatly affected because they usually “sit and try to see what you’re doing (defensively)” before making their calls and running the play. But teams who want to catch a defense off-guard with a quick snap at specific times, such as a short-yardage situation, may find it more difficult to execute. Defenses also should be able to substitute more easily if there are delays in spotting the football.

“It’s the fast (offenses) that are trying to beat the defenses that will have the issues,” Spagnuolo said.

New rule could affect hurry-up offenses - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

I agree with the statements above. The new positioning will mean fewer quick snap (drawing a penalty or catching a defense unprepared) opportunities and more opportunities for defense to substitute that they might not have otherwise. Doesn't mean a quick snap can never happen (Manning's first TD pass this past week) and doesn't mean that defenses will be able to substitute at will, but there will be an impact. I would think it is hard to argue these points.

Also agree that the vast majority of no-huddle plays are unaffected by this change. So if the umpire is safer (I have no idea if this is true), then the tradeoff seems like a good one.

Wilbon made a great point about how the NFL created a barrier of rules and regulations to protect a QB, so one change for the officials benefit shouldn't be criticized.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But like I said before, I'll take the opinion over Pereira, the guy who was instrumental in fashioning the rule in the first place, over yours.

I guess you know more about officiating that Pereira does? His argument must be garbage too since he and I pretty much have the exact same statements.

Well, Belichick just talked about it on WEEI, and he doesn't have a problem with it, other than the possibility of it not being uniformly enforced (like the strike zone in baseball). He noted that the Patriots used the no-huddle at the end of the 3rd quarter against the Rams, and that the team had no problems with it.

So, to play your ridiculous game, I'll take the opinion of Belichick over Pereira and Polian.

Last edited:

More of your lies. I read all the pages in the last thread. And you were blasting people with your pathetic condescension before I started posting in that thread.. And it was several posts before I got sick and tired of your BS. The same BS you have continued to post.

As for the Saints game, just because Patrick Ramsey had issues with it doesn't mean he openly complained about it.

When I am wrong, I say so. I've done it plenty of times. YOU, however, are a different story.

You can stand by your statements. That doesn't make you correct. You were wrong then and are wrong now.

Who cares about Buck (a moron), Aikman and Pereira (a known Polian /Manning Ball washer)? You've still yet to provide a single shred of evidence that another QB has taken issue with the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots