PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Pereira Discusses New Umpire Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was about the umpire. My point in response to the O.P. is that the Manning was snapping the ball when he KNEW the umpire wasn't in position, because it wasn't a situation where Manning couldn't see the umpire. It wouldn't even have been covered by the 'tweaks' proposed during the segment.

Then I don't know what you referring to when you mentioned the clip showing the official in front and to the left of Manning.

If the tweaks discussed didn't address the QB seeing the Umpire, then, yes, that issue will remain or be dealt with by Manning and others.

My comment about other words is that I felt you were putting on Wolf that he was primarily interested in defending the Colts for the sake of defending the Colts. The "Mr. Manning" bit seemed too cutesy.

So what does any of this have to do with Mankins? :rolleyes:

At least we're not back on that whole "Maroney is made of glass" crapolla. :D

I apologize for calling you a wiseguy...but I was thinking of "poached" instead of hardboiled a few minutes ago...:D

I can't stand that Poached guy either. What a Jets fan he must be. Oh, wait..

Then I don't know what you referring to when you mentioned the clip showing the official in front and to the left of Manning.

If the tweaks discussed didn't address the QB seeing the Umpire, then, yes, that issue will remain or be dealt with by Manning and others.

My comment about other words is that I felt you were putting on Wolf that he was primarily interested in defending the Colts for the sake of defending the Colts. The "Mr. Manning" bit seemed too cutesy.

:confused2:

I originally had "the Five-head" and went with something polite instead.

So what does any of this have to do with Mankins? :rolleyes:

At least we're not back on that whole "Maroney is made of glass" crapolla. :D

which brings up an interesting Zen riddle...if Maroney spilled ink on his uni would he then be known as "stained glass"?

When Pereira was speaking, were there strings coming down from somewhere above him, moving his mouth and making the words that came out sound like Peyton Manning?

Nah, it was ventriloquism

Here's one of the calls (not the one from the segment). Notice how little time has expired when Manning snaps the ball:

YouTube - Illegal Snap

The official is among the linemen at 2 seconds. and isn't even out of Manning's sight until 4 seconds. Manning is in such a hurry that he hikes the ball at 5 seconds. When he does that, the official is only 1 step ahead of the running back.

That's right. This complaint is about Manning having to wait just over 1 second to snap the ball when he's outside of the 2 minute windows.

Last edited:
The decline of Patsfans in a sentence. When in doubt about responding to an issue, start a pissing contest.

Every time I read a thread with thoughts by Wolfpack, I feel like I'm in the zoo watching the monkies throw feces at each other and I move along. Isn't it possible to argue a point and be civil?

Last edited:
what "many"?...name them...I've read all your screeds on this subject and I still have no idea WTF you are talking about...
Don't worry. Not sure he does, either. This isn't the first time he delved inot fantasy to say how right he was and how EVERYone in the entire universe was wrong and that NO one belileved what he said, and now don't we all admire his brilliance.

That fact that none of it is true doesn't seem to matter as long as he can tell us how smart he is.

I actually like the new rule. I like the chess match aspect of football, and wish they'd change the rule so that the defense always had time to substitute for down and distance regardless of what the offense is doing. The perma-hurry game is not as much fun. And I'd like to see how good Manning would be if he played in a different era , where the defense had time to plan for the next play.

I actually like the new rule. I like the chess match aspect of football, and wish they'd change the rule so that the defense always had time to substitute for down and distance regardless of what the offense is doing. The perma-hurry game is not as much fun. And I'd like to see how good Manning would be if he played in a different era , where the defense had time to plan for the next play.

Even if you don't favor the hurry up offense, though, there have still been plenty of offenses that have been able to run the hurry up without issue. I would be saying this exact same thing had the Pats been one of the few teams to draw a penalty for it. The day when this negatively impacts all teams across the league, I'll call for the rule to be changed or modified. Until then, it seems like MOST teams in the NFL are adjusting just fine to it. Maybe Manning and the Colts should take a long, hard look at themselves and do what all NFL teams should be able to do on the fly: adjust.

YOU just posted "many (Patriot fans at this site) did you not?

there's 13, 561 ,members of Patsfans.com

I'll be generous and say 20 % are not Pats fans

That leaves over 10,000 Pats fans here of which over 50%, if YOU are to be believed, do not care about the new rule. That would mean well over 5000 members fit YOUR stated parameters. Name five you freakin' psychopath.

I find it funny that he couldn't understand it the first time you asked...

Now I'm a wiseguy? You called the poster a "freakin' psychopath."

Did you ever stop to think that YOU are part of the problem, not Joker? You come in all high and mighty getting on Joker's case and ignore the fact that Wolfpack can't understand basic English.

People like you, who defend trolls, are part of the problem. Plain and simple. Patsfans.com hasn't changed. What's changed is people like you feeding the trolls and defending them. THAT'S what is causing the degredation of this board. People like you and some of the "mods" allowing the Trolls to have free reign.

Joker,

I read that thread. In between a lot of "I'm better than you" the talk about issue gets lost. People pretend to talk about an issue when they like being angry internet posters.

If you did and don't understand where Joker is coming from, then you are the issue. Not Joker. BTW, I think you're full of it.. I don't think you read that thread at all..

In this case, he returns to his point. He does throw in the "many posters" or whatever, but he is primarily bringing up his side of the issue. I see his point and I see where others are coming from.

The other thread was brought down by "freakin' psychopath" type of posts.

It's just something that comes back here. Even a tame topic like is Derrick Burgess a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLD turns into personal attacks. I don't get it.

The other thread was brought down by the constant condescension in Wolfpack's responses.

As for "seeing Wolfpack's side of the issue," what is it that you exactly see? It's surely not that the referee already runs back to almost the same point as the umpire is being required to run now. It's surely not any actual fact other than Manning whining about not being able to cheat anymore.. And it's certainly not that the Hurry Up offense can't be run because it can be. As has all been pointed out previously by other posters.

Wolfpack started this thread as an "I told you so" to throw in people's faces. That's what you're supporting on Patsfans??

If you'd read the other thread, that is exactly the way he comes across..

When asked if another QB had the same issues, Wolfpack couldn't be bothered to provide an example.

Except Pereira was ballwashing. I particularly loved the crap about how the QB shouldn't have to look..... when Manning was snapping the ball with the official in front of him and to the left.

It was nothing more than a Manning rumpswabbing.

Also, as expected, the time difference is less than 3 seconds. It's 1-1.5 seconds, if that.
And there we have it folks... Anyone who dares to suggest this new rule isn't working out as well as it should is just a "Manning ballwasher". :rolleyes:

And there we have it folks... Anyone who dares to suggest this new rule isn't working out as well as it should is just a "Manning ballwasher". :rolleyes:

That's not accurate. Great response, though, it really cuts into the reality of the video I posted.

If you'd read the other thread, that is exactly the way he comes across..

When asked if another QB had the same issues, Wolfpack couldn't be bothered to provide an example.
Please don't pay any attention to dabruinz' lies. When asked to provide another example, I made mention of the Saints game where they got called for the penalty twice (Ramsey) and Payton was beside himself in frustration.

I admit this new rule is not going to impact most teams because most teams don't run the hurry up offense as part of their regular scheme. I just think it's a shame that now the hurry up is illegal until the 2 minute warnings.

Wow. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Ahh, tha both of yuz both were takin' personal shots and retaliating.
Since there was no smash mouth footbawl yesterday, I had ta settle for some smash mouth Pat Fan pissin' contest. Both of ya couldn't restrain yer Sunday afternoon testosterone with no games to watch.
I just sat back and watched the festivities. I mean, yesterday blew SOO badly without football, and t.v. was as bad as it gets.... pathetically enough, this here Kontra vs. Wolfpack thingie was the hottest ticket in town.

I just skimmed right past the actual football talk in those posts and was hunting down the personal shots.

The best one was right towards the end when Kontra is thinking you were already blocked from posting while the mod chose to still leave him open to post. That was some "The Mighty Kontradiction" thinkng, lemme tell ya. I LOVED that comment.
And the other good one was Kontra going,"Hold on. Don't lock it down yet. I'm just about to drop the hammer on Wolfpack over here. Gimme a few minutes more"

"Drop the hammer". Whoa! Kontra's gettin' all Greek mythological Thor-like on yer arse.

All in all, I gotta say, I DO havta score the bout to Kontra in a split decision.

"And the winner... and STILL reigning champeen.... Kontradiction! Suck ma ****tion!"

(hey, it was a non-football Sunday in late August. EVERYBODY was a little ornery yesterday. Kontra needed a release someplace after all. You were just the guy who chose to go toe-to-toe. Notice, he was around after the golf ended and before the Steelers game started. I guarantee that won't happen 2 sundays from now. lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back