PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Mularkey Set To Resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
booooo, i wish these incompetent coaches would stick around longer with our AFC east rivals ;)

I know it's bad for the Pats if the Bills get a great coach and become a threat in the AFC East, but I just can't stand to see bad football. Call me selfish, but I don't think Mularkey was a great coach, and I'm happy to see him go. I'm sick of Bills games ruining perfectly good Sunday afternoons.

if he resigns theres a possible O-coord next season..

Hey lets be optimists here.

Maybe the Jesters will hire Mularkey. Kill 2 birds with one stone; they dont get mangini and they still stink.

there are still Martz and Sherman out there for the mediocre at best coach prospects

and yes--Hill and Ferentz--STAY PUT

This also complicates things for the Jets. They are waiting to speak with Mangini before they decide what direction they would like to go in. If Mangini turns the job down or they decide not to hire him, it could hurt their negotiations with those coaches if the Bills get involved, IMO.

From what I've heard Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett, and Mike Tice.

The plot thickens.

Doesnt that list put them in dutch with the nfl? I mean where is the obligatory throw away minority candidate?

Not like there arent a whole bunch of up and comer candidates who would be better than any of these guys except for maybe mangini (who I still think needs to stay a #2 man for a couple of years before he takes over as a HC)

Pats_Bryan said:
I know it's bad for the Pats if the Bills get a great coach and become a threat in the AFC East, but I just can't stand to see bad football. Call me selfish, but I don't think Mularkey was a great coach, and I'm happy to see him go. I'm sick of Bills games ruining perfectly good Sunday afternoons.

What! You mean it is more entertaining for you if the Pats were in an overtime game as opposed to a 20-7 win on your Sunday afternoon?

Judging by the talent the Pats have accumulated, having good coaches in the AFCE should not be a problem, just a challenge!

The serious question revolves around Pioli and the Belichick coaching academy.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Judging by the talent the Pats have accumulated, having good coaches in the AFCE should not be a problem, just a challenge!

The serious question revolves around Pioli and the Belichick coaching academy.
What actually bums me out more is the possiblity of losing another farm team. Hill and Ferentz need to stay put and keep feeding us the inside scoops. :) That's what bummed me out about Saban going to Miami... Saban actually being at Miami didn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that he's not at LSU anymore.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
What actually bums me out more is the possiblity of losing another farm team. Hill and Ferentz need to stay put and keep feeding us the inside scoops. :) That's what bummed me out about Saban going to Miami... Saban actually being at Miami didn't bother me nearly as much as the fact that he's not at LSU anymore.
Let not your heart be troubled - Charlie is in a good position to fill in for these gentlemen. Not to mention there are any number of college coaches who would love to form a relationship with the Patriots - it may not be the same level of trust BB has with former assistant coaches, but it can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots